16 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Jones

Mr. Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:45 PM

I have exhausted my search for an original or licensed version, with no luck. So, I've rebuilt the design of this shirt. Obviously, I did not come up with the design and that's what makes this tricky.

So here's what I was thinking. I can post the design on a site like Teepublic.com and make the shirts available to us fans. The thing that gives me pause is that for every shirt sold the person who posts the design makes money. I have no interest in making money off of Amy. If enough people want me to post it, I will. If people do not think it should be done, I won't.

If I do, I would donate any money off of the shirts to The Amy Winehouse Foundation.
I've contacted the foundation, but have received no feedback.

Thoughts?

#2 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:09 PM

That's an amazing idea Mr. Jones. Thank you so much! I'll buy it! You don't know how long I've been looking for it.

If you don't want the money, it's entirely up to you, if you ask me I would not give it to the Foundation. Don't want to be mean, but the Foundation is not Amy's, it's her family's, and although it's for a good cause, I think they never do anything for Amy's legacy and her music and us fans. They only organised few events when she passed away the first 2 years I think, then it became VIPs only. Why?

Anyway, I would try to think about something that Amy, our Amy, would have done with it. Or something we can maybe use to keep her legacy alive, contribute to this forum, the Fansite project a member put a lot of work on, invest it maybe in something else you would like to have about Amy, I don't know another design for a t-shirt, or a poster, picture...

Not sure if I'm making sense, it's time for bed. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Can we see a preview pls🙏🏽😝?
  • GoddessAmy and Mr. Jones like this

#3 Mr. Jones

Mr. Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:13 PM

Love is a losing game, thanks for the feedback! I love your suggestions for donations. That's why I come here, love the passion of Amy fans.

Here is a preview. Let me know what you think.

k4ug3k.jpg

• Love is a losing game and GoddessAmy like this

#4 GoddessAmy

GoddessAmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:22 PM

Mr Jones, that's great! thank you for the preview and the t shirt!

I agree 100% with LoveisaLoosingGame regarding the Foundation, so so absolutely true! 

How about Sam Shaker and Jazz after Dark? He seems a wonderful Soul, his FB also graceful towards our Amy and JAD is a heaven where Amy felt safe and loved and could be wonderful self!

Thanks for your gift!

#5 pattieboyd2

pattieboyd2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:59 AM

I guess the first thing that came to mind for me is, wouldn't the Amy Winehouse logo be copyright protected or have intellectual property rights?  I don't know enough about copyright law but if someone owns the logo you would have to get permission to use it for commercial purposes I think?  Sorry, don't want to be a killjoy, just wouldn't want you to get into trouble.  Maybe someone else here knows more about these things and maybe I'm being overly paranoid?

My second thought was Amy was a huge supporter of charities and was known as a "soft touch" when it came to hitting her up for donations, so if you were thinking of something Amy would have appreciated, then I think it would be that.  The Foundation helps disadvantaged and troubled kids but there are lots of other charities you could consider.

I'm not gonna meet your mother anytime

#6 Mr. Jones

Mr. Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:20 AM

Pattieboy, the issue of copyright is the struggle. Which is why I've spent much time looking for an original, I can't find one, so I re-made it. Thanks for your thoughts!

When you say Amy was a Soft Touch, what does that mean?

#7 pattieboyd2

pattieboyd2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:32 AM

Hi Mr Jones.  In answer to your question, I read in an article that she was considered a "soft touch" by charities, meaning it was easy to get money out of her.  The charity just had to ask, and she would donate.  She was apparently very generous.  I also read somewhere that one year she was the biggest donator to charities, in Britain.

• Love is a losing game likes this

I'm not gonna meet your mother anytime

#8 Ava_Grace

Ava_Grace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:45 PM

Hi Mr Jones. In answer to your question, I read in an article that she was considered a "soft touch" by charities, meaning it was easy to get money out of her. The charity just had to ask, and she would donate. She was apparently very generous. I also read somewhere that one year she was the biggest donator to charities, in Britain.

Yes she was and because she won the most charitable act she got to be a meat butcher for a day. Here's a clip of that. If you're a vegetarian or are sensitive to blood and meat being cut then I advise you not to see it. Don't say I didn't warn you:

• pattieboyd2 likes this

#9 Mr. Jones

Mr. Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:06 PM

So what are the thoughts of the us, the fans on this board? Release the shirt or not?

If so, what charity to support?

#10 Ava_Grace

Ava_Grace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:18 PM

I don't know if the design is licensed, if it isn't, then you can go ahead with the shirt. If it is licensed, then you're going to have come up with a different design.
As far as the charities she supported, there's so many of them. If you go to her wikipedia page there's even a section specifically for her charity work. I guess you could make a poll and see what charity gets the most votes.

#11 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:01 PM

I don't know if the design is licensed, but i seem to remember seeing a thread about the font. I think someone recreated the Amy Winehouse font for people to use. 

I really like that t-shirt though, I would actually think about wearing it!  :P

#12 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:23 AM

Love it!! Can't wait to buy it - hopefully the copyright won't be an issue. I'd say release it but I don't know anything about copyrights. What could happen?

Here's the thread for the font@Uno😉 https://www.amywineh...-to-black-font/

Does anyone have a picture of the original t-shirt? x

#13 jasminemarie

jasminemarie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:49 PM

but  I love amy winehouse lol

• xmpaviq and Chris Morlock like this

#14 Mckinno15

Mckinno15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationus

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:55 AM

Wow! There is so much that people out there are doing. I was just looking for a good sports bra online when I got distracted towards this post. It is such a good thing to do. I am also planning to give some good things to a good foundation.

#15 fin

fin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:27 AM

Copyright: Who cares?  No-one is going to hunt you down because you've made a t-shirt.

I agree that the AW Foundation is probably not the best route to go down and the trouble with going with any of the charities that she donated to is that, as mentioned before, she gave to anyone that asked, even if she didn't necessarily support them.  How about something that Amy herself would have benefited from like Alcoholics Anonymous or the British Lung Foundation?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users