16 replies to this topic

#16 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:34 PM

It depends on the copyright laws where you live. If you're in Britain, "logo that includes artistic or design elements, (i.e. not just the name on its own), is legally regarded as being a work of artistic creation and therefore will be protected under copyright lawCopyright protects the logo as an artistic work." The name 'Amy Winehouse' itself isn't a logo, though it is, in part, the logo of her namesake foundation. Also, you can't copyright a name, color, or design of a logo so there's nothing Mitch or anyone can do to stop you.. Anyways, as long as you're not selling it under the guise of it being property of the Amy Winehouse Foundation, or a product thereof, or using it with malicious intent (which you clearly aren't) then I'd go ahead and sell it. If you want a charity to donate to, I'd pick something for alcohol or drug abuse, or just give it to someone you know needs it. It really doesn't matter what you do with the money, at least to me. 

#17 secondhandseller81

secondhandseller81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:43 PM

Hey, 

Over the lockdown I've cleared out an old storage unit I've had for the last few years - and in it I had a load of old band T-Shirts from gigs.

One of these was a 'I Hate Amy Winehouse' t-shirt, which i got at the Nottingham show on her 2007 live tour. 

I don't remember seeing any elsewhere, so googled it and found this thread. 

It's a different design to that shown in the photo of a fan and Amy - as far as I understand the fan had made her own t-shirt (in the 'Back To Black' font) - and off the back of that Amy made her own version of the shirt which was for sale at the merch desk on her shows. 

I remember Amy cancelled a number of her 2007 live dates, so I guess the shirt was only for sale at a limited number of her live shows. 

Thanks

Ps. There is another thread on this forum mentioning the shirt so i'm posting this there too. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users