#1 bunnybowlingshirt

bunnybowlingshirt

Now, I tread water.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:59 PM

I always thought that it was one of the pre-frank demos or one of the demos that didn't make it to frank. I thought this because her voice sounded "younger" or not as it sounded during the B2B era, the production and, where they placed it in the documentary, but, some people think that its from around 2005-2006 because of the story the song tells. Some people think that the song tells the story of the time Amy slept with one of Blakes friends to get back at him. That definitely makes sense if thats the case. 

What do you guys think? Do any of you know for sure? if so, whats the source?

Discuss!  :D

i can't help but analyze your actions, neglecting mine...

sig.png

#2 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:30 PM

I read somewhere in this forum that Amy recorded Detachment in 2006.

#3 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:33 PM

I've never seen an exact date for this song, but here's what I could figure out. Detachment was worked on with Pete and Steve Lewinson. When Darcus Beese first heard Amy's songs (before he finally tracked her down), the Lewinson Brothers manager, John Campbell, was the person that played the demos to Darcus. Amy was 19 when Darcus finally met her. I think that this song was part of the repertoire of demos that Amy worked on back in 2001 - 2002 to land her recording deal.

• TBR, HelloSailor, Fierce and 1 other like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#4 amyyumlu

amyyumlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:50 PM

And I wake up alone...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users