#1 butterflyamy

butterflyamy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:54 PM

Hi guys

I know this is a difficult subject but I've been wondering it for a long time.

Ever since watching the documentary I have the feeling Amy commited suicide by drinking herself to death. Here are the reasons why i think she did

- From  Janis' book: When Janis announced  in 2011 she was going to marry Richard, Amy replies:''You know I won't be there''.

- Her last phone call with Juliette, in which she says ''sorry'' (movie)

- ''If i could give everything back just to walk down the street with no hassle, I would'', to her bodyguard the night before she died.

- She was looking at old family pictures when Janis last visited her.

Then again i have my doubts because Nick Shymanksy married the 24th and Amy was due to be at the wedding. I doubt she would do it the day before his wedding, but maybe someone who is in that state of mind doesn't really think like that anymore:(

Do you guys think she commited suicide?

• Dannybkn likes this

#2 amywoo

amywoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

I don't think she tried to commit suicide however I don't think she didn't really cared whether she lived or died. She had put up with so much shit in her life and no longer cared. She must have known her limit in terms of drinking but no longer cared about the consequences. ''If i could give everything back just to walk down the street with no hassle, I would'' - i found that part particularly sad 

#3 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

Let me insert this quote here:

"If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl." - Amy Winehouse

I don't think she intentionally drank herself to death, however, I also have to agree with amywoo. I think there's a big chance she couldn't care less whether she lived or not, yet, we can't possibly know what thoughts went through her mind. Maybe I just don't want to believe she wanted to commit suicide.   

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#4 LuckyHorse

LuckyHorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:14 AM

I think she knew her limits and didn't care.

She said to Sam Shaker that she felt like she had nothing to live for and wanted to kill herself.

She told Daphne Barak (who wrote a book/made a documentary about Amy) that it would be easier to just end it all and join the 27 club bc of all the pressure to make an album as good as/better than B2B.

The guys behind the Amy docementary said she discussed the 27 club with several ppl and thought she would become part of it.

#5 pattieboyd2

pattieboyd2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:16 AM

I think her death was accidental but that she had a pretty cavalier attitude to life and realised with her lifestyle it could happen at any time.

I'm not gonna meet your mother anytime

#6 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:05 PM

she was in too much love to commit suicide

#7 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:31 AM

I understand she was watching youtube videos of herself and drinking vodka on her last night alive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading that there were 2 empty 1.5 liter bottles and one partially full bottle found in her room. IMHO, while she may not have been trying to kill herself, she probably didn't care if she never woke up as she drifted off. I don't think she wanted to marry Reg and she generally hated  the way her life was going. 

• Ruslan and TakeTheBox03 like this
"It's not me personally, is it?......I'm just a musician."

http://www.starpulse... - SXSW - video[

#8 Ruslan

Ruslan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationKyiv, Ukraine

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:53 AM

I understand she was watching youtube videos of herself and drinking vodka on her last night alive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading that there were 2 empty 1.5 liter bottles and one partially full bottle found in her room. IMHO, while she may not have been trying to kill herself, she probably didn't care if she never woke up as she drifted off. I don't think she wanted to marry Reg and she generally hated  the way her life was going. 

Yeah, and she still loved Blake, while he got a child. This made the situation even worse. She knew she would never be happy again.

• SteveV, inwinoveritas and GoddessAmy like this

#9 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:17 PM

Yeah, and she still loved Blake, while he got a child. This made the situation even worse. She knew she would never be happy again

Amy knew what was good for her and what was bad for her. But as an artist and as a deeply passionate person, she went with her heart and not her head. She couldn't make herself love Reg just because he was a better person than Blake. Also, she was just coming off her humiliation in Belgrade. She liked to say she didn't care what people thought, but she did.

• inwinoveritas and Ruslan like this
"It's not me personally, is it?......I'm just a musician."

http://www.starpulse... - SXSW - video[

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users