LuckyHorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:34 AM

There's a new documentary, unfortunately it's in french :mellow: 

Some parts are outtakes from other interviews,

can someone please translate what Blake says @ 41:10?

• Hanna, melnyk, jess527 and 1 other like this

#2 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

can someone please translate what Blake says

He talks about the night they were arrested in Norway and how he used to go out early in the morning to buy drugs while they were on tour.

• ora likes this

#3 LuckyHorse

LuckyHorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:56 PM

From what I can make out, he talks about the night they were arrested in Norway and how he used to go out early in the morning to buy drugs while they were on tour.

Yeah I heard that as well but it'd be nice if someone could translate it completely.

Also around 37:49 I can't figure out what he said before "she seemed to enjoy it".

#4 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

Yeah I heard that as well but it'd be nice if someone could translate it completely.

Also around 37:49 I can't figure out what he said before "she seemed to enjoy it".

I'll get on it, haven't watched it yet...

#5 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:19 PM

Just a few things : 

Around the 5 min. mark, Alex Foden describes how seeing footage of the Belgrade concert chilled his blood. He decided to reach out to Amy publicly, via twitter, as it seemed that that was the only time she would pay attention to them if they did it in a public arena. His message said something along the lines of : "Today I was at my grandmother's grave, and if you continue down this road, that's where you'll end up in 8 or 9 weeks" and she died 7 weeks later.

Did he really send that tweet to her? I don't remember reading about this...

Neil McCormick explains that when he first heard her, having heard that she had talent and had been signed, was when she played in the corner of a pizzeria (like a little jazz club in a pizzeria) and that her whole family were there; she sang mostly jazz classics and a few of her songs, and Mitch even joined her at one stage to sing with her. 

Then Juliette explains how Sweet and Sour came about. They knew Salt n' Pepper's album by heart and would each write a line and sing together, they were like a married couple since kindergarten.  Amy would rap, this little Southgate kid trying to act all tough with an attitude.

They were very giggly together, but the moment you pressed the record button, they were serious. 

Sylvia Young clarifies the story about Amy being thrown out of school. She was very bright and even skipped a year ahead, but soon got bored with the school. The academic principal informed Amy's mum that she wouldn't pass her end-of-year exams, so Janis took her out of school. But Sylvia also asked the principal to leave because she was very upset with him going behind her back and not being honest to Janis, as she felt that Amy could've passed those exams without even trying as she was that intelligent. 

Juliette explains how they both always felt that those 2 years when they lived together were the best of their lives, 2 best friends in their own flat, singing, playing guitare. Amy was very messy while Juliette was very clean, but sometimes at 3 in the morning Amy would clean the whole flat and be cooking. 

Patrick Allen explains how Amy and her friends would often come to this club to sing, listen to music and dance. He reckons that she was successful because she was always true to herself, even back then. When they would sing Chaka Kahn's 'Ain't Nobody', they would sing it just like Chaka, but Amy would add her own personal jazzy touch and own interpretation of the song, which impressed them. 

Sam Shaker explains how she wrote Back to Black at his club. She was very upset that day, asked him for a piece of paper, then scribbled away. A few days later she came back and said she's written a beautiful song and hoped he would like it. When he asked her what it was called, she said she would call it 'Back to Black' after the dark little alcove she had sat in which had inspired her and thanked him for giving her the space she needed to write her song. 

At 37:49, Blake says "I can't say how she felt, probably the same as me, but she seemed to enjoy it". 

Alex Fodden says Blake used to say that he couldn't be with Amy because she wasn't a user, and that stayed at the back of her mind and is probably what made her try the drugs.

By the time she starts her touring, she is already hooked, and Blake becomes her drug dealer. When they were in Norway, Blake smoked the last of his gear and the receptionist of the hotel called the cops. The police didn't find the stash of crack he had hidden (which they smoked once released by the cops), just a bit of weed.

Then Micth came to see them because their arrest had made it in the papers, much of a story for nothing really. And after that, as they had nothing, Blake had to go to Oslo to score some more drugs. It was the first time he was scoring drugs abroad, but after that it became his daily mission on that tour, all over Europe (Amsterdam, Paris, Oslo, Italy - where he scored loads). This became his daily mission, he would get up, hardly standing, and go out and score leaving Amy in bed, would take about 5 to 6 hours. That became his main contribution to the tour and to their couple, as he couldn't provide much financially, it kinda became his job. 

Valery Zeitoun, in charge of promoting her french tour, was worried as he wasn't even sure she would show up or get on the plane. Journalists are hovering around trying to get the cover story. One journalist asks Valery to giver him priority, just a 10 min. interview with her, but he answers 'come see her rehearse, you'll see for yourself that she just can't even do it, not even 10 minutes'. They were worried about the state she was in. But once she got up on stage, she blew them away. 

Around the 45 min. mark, the journalist explains how casual she was during his first interview, she would burp between bites of her burger, she was natural and funny, even childish when she would stop to listen to the birds singing and wanted to stay away from the whole business industry side of things, would just talk about her aspirations for a laid back life with her husband, cooking for him and having his babies. 

She wasn't interested in success, she was just consumed by her love for Blake. 

Several of her friends told her it wouldn't be a good idea to have a baby with Blake, but that just made her want it even more. 

Around 1:08:00, Zeitoun says that she finally seemed like she was back, a desire to get her shit together, which had never been the case before, and ready to tour, realising she had buggered up...They had great hope for her, but her body couldn't follow. 

• Fierce, Poom, MingusMonk&Amy and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users