Photo
- - - - -

How many times have you seen the AMY documentary?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:40 AM

ive only seen it once in theaters, i just cant watch it because it makes me really upset

#2 Poom

Poom

My Own Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

Countless times. I've seen it three times in Czech cinema, once in a rooftop cinema in London and once in our student cinema. After the DVD came out, I used to watch it almost every Saturday when I had to babysit. I don't watch it as much anymore, but maybe once a month.
At first, I found it extremely difficult and after I saw it for the first time, I was determined to never watch it again, but I still find if mind-blowing to see how much she changed in such a short time and find it difficult to understand where it all went wrong. I think that's partially why I keep rewatching it, the other reason being that it feels like seeing an old friend and hanging with Amy for a bit, even if it's through the screen.
  • blacktoypoodle likes this

#3 amh91

amh91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:56 PM

Five times. It's one of my all time favourite films. However, I've tried watching again repeatedly and every time, right when it gets to the part where Nicky takes Amy out to the country in his car to confront her about her alcoholism, I get so enraged and upset knowing what's going to happen after this that I just can't bring myself to keep watching it and turn it off. In fact, I can't really bring myself to watch it anymore, because I know that by the end of it I'll feel just like I did the first time I saw it - heartbroken, in tears, and dejected for hours after. It's not that I think any less of it as a film or of Amy and my admiration for her, it's just that it frankly hurts too goddamned much. 

#4 amywoo

amywoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

ive watched it about 4 or 5 times all the way through and watched it up until the half way point about 3 or 4 times. I love the first half because of the intimacy and i find the second half harder to watch obviously cause its sad but also there aren't as many intamate moments.

#5 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:45 PM

About 5 or 6 times

#6 Tanqueray

Tanqueray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, England

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:33 PM

I've watched it 3 or 4 times. I like it because it brings her back to life and I love seeing all the earlier clips in the first half of the film. But no matter how many times I watch it, I always feel a little tearful when she dies at the end.

#7 TakeTheBox03

TakeTheBox03

Eh, Fuck It

• Moderators
  • 656 posts
  • LocationMost Likely In Bed

Posted 18 January 2024 - 03:49 AM

ive watched it 17 times not including right now. damn, im real addicted i guess! lol

I was hit by a car once on my bike, but I still rode home. - AJW

#8 blacktoypoodle

blacktoypoodle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:49 AM

ive watched it 17 times not including right now. damn, im real addicted i guess! lol

I've def watched it at least 20 times lol, so you're not alone. I went through a period where I watched it several times a week. It's a beautiful film and like someone mentioned, watching it feels like you're spending time with Amy.
  • ivycherrywine and TakeTheBox03 like this

#9 TakeTheBox03

TakeTheBox03

Eh, Fuck It

• Moderators
  • 656 posts
  • LocationMost Likely In Bed

Posted 18 January 2024 - 05:02 AM

I've def watched it at least 20 times lol, so you're not alone. I went through a period where I watched it several times a week. It's a beautiful film and like someone mentioned, watching it feels like you're spending time with Amy.

ha! i knew i wasnt alone! lol. im going through this thing where i read the WHOLE Amy In Her Words book EVERY DAY, if i dont, the spirit of Amy will haunt me... lol. goodnight dear

I was hit by a car once on my bike, but I still rode home. - AJW

#10 loveAMYforever

loveAMYforever

And Now, The Final Frame

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 January 2024 - 03:31 PM

Several times, it is the film that best represents their situation, but I have to say that I cannot watch it when I am sad or depressed. The beginning is beautiful, seeing this feeling of departure, how excited she is to perform, how the future lies ahead of her. As soon as Blake is involved, the young, self-confident woman Amy is gone. The crazy thing about it is that in my opinion it is regressing. And how Blake has her under control can be seen in the almost scary scene where they are in the rehabilitation facility in Essex and he forces her to sing Rehab for him. You can see how helpless and uncomfortable she feels. Or the night they got married - sitting at different tables? He doesn't act like he loves her (he doesn't).
The saddest thing is the end, when the credits roll and you see how it all began and then it was over so quickly, about 7 years.

• TakeTheBox03 likes this

#11 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 05:40 PM

They were sitting at different tables because she was interviewed by Jenny Eliscu for cover story of Rolling Stone mag where Amy ''avails herself of every possible opportunity to lean over and whisper or smooch''

#12 ivycherrywine

ivycherrywine

Paradise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 08:23 PM

They were sitting at different tables because she was interviewed by Jenny Eliscu for cover story of Rolling Stone mag where Amy ''avails herself of every possible opportunity to lean over and whisper or smooch''

Do you have a link to that interview?

moon spilling in 

#13 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 09:15 PM

Do you have a link to that interview?

It's here https://www.yahoo.co...-183640340.html

#14 ivycherrywine