9 replies to this topic

#1 BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:03 AM

Hey. I'm new to this forum, and while I know much more than most regular people would know on Amy, I don't know as much as you guys. Anyways, I was listening to a bunch of her unreleased songs and I remembered that I had downloaded the snippet of her cover of the song 'Ain't Nobody's Business' for some reason. This prompted me to search for it, and I eventually got into contact with Barbican Theatre (the theatre that hosted the Billie Holiday tribute concert at which she performed it). After a few automatic replies, someone e-mailed me saying that they were from the Barbican. Basically, they said that they didn't record anything from the concert, and that nothing was authorized to be recorded in the first place. So now, my question is: who did? Who owns it? I know someone said something about Sarah Elizabeth Cropper owning it, contacting her, and finding out who actually did own it, but, no offense, I don't really think I believe them. Anyways, if anyone has anything new on this song, let me know, because I know that it exists in a full version, I just need to find it,

#2 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:10 PM

When looking at the file properties of the original snippets that Amy sang on, they have "Ain't Nobody's Business" labeled as 'Bille & Me CD 1 Track 2', "I'll Be Seeing You" labeled as 'Bille & Me CD 2 Track 15', and "Travellin'" labeled as 'Bille & Me CD 2 Track 16'. From the looks of it, they must have it all, on (multiple) CD's.

• xjxcob likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#3 BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:52 AM

Then there's a reason they don't want them leaking. And there must be someone that we can talk to in order to find out more, and potentially even get the CD's/files containing them. Wondering where they even got the snippet in the first place. Maybe an attendee of the concert could help somehow?

#4 xjxcob

xjxcob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Locationengland!

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:23 PM

Wow, how strange that they are keeping their hands clean. I guess they don't want any legal issues. I'd love to hear the full version of Travellin', however

but now i like to think out loud

you're running with some different crowd

we both know

what it is. 

#5 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:35 PM

A couple of years ago, a forum member did make contact with someone that was related with Barbican Music, and was told "The content will only be released with the permission of Amy Winehouse's estate manager".

This reply from Barbican Music would also make me assume that there must have been full recordings from that production, and somebody at Barbican was aware of it.

Here's a link to the forum post ...

https://www.amywineh...e-2#entry220557

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#6 BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:16 PM

I'm sure that whoever owns the content would be willing to give it up for a bit of money. Of course, if one of us did get it, I'd want it posted on Vimeo or DailyMotion, and YouTube (if possible), but I understand that it might be necessary to keep it on the forum. It would likely cause a complete shitstorm for the Barbican because Mitch, I'm sure, wouldn't be exactly delighted to see that it had been released/leaked. But if we can find out who owns the CDs/files of the full concert, we might be able to convince them to let us have the Amy bits.

Also something that might be worth noting, I contacted an attendee of the concert who had said that there were people recording the whole thing, and that people had taken special care to see to it that Amy and some others were recorded properly. Maybe they wanna save it for one day where it'll be worth more? 

#7 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:51 PM

I talked to someone who had a family member who had recorded the whole thing, but he had lost the footage, sadly. 

• weloveyouamy likes this

#8 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:35 PM

I talked to someone who had a family member who had recorded the whole thing, but he had lost the footage, sadly. 

Lost the footage? I mean, why?

Was this concert professionally recorded?

#9 BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:30 AM

I mean, if they were to know how much this kind of thing is worth, it might prompt them to look for it, if by 'lost' they mean deleted or just have the files on a broken computer. It would be pretty easy to recover if either of those were the case. Also, yes, it was professionally recorded by multiple people. But my question is, when Mitch dies, Janis will be in charge of the Estate of Amy Winehouse, and from what I've seen, she's much more open to releasing other work and art from Amy (maybe because she's more sensible than Mitch). And she's already said that she would release things like that and live recordings (I, personally, am looking for a live copy of 'Help Yourself') Anyways, the Barbican has them and maybe Mitch just hasn't been asked about it, and maybe if someone asked him, he would at least let us have that of Amy. If not. maybe Janis could help somehow. And if not that, someone has to either take it from them, or convince them to give them to someone.

#10 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:00 PM

Keep in mind that it's been a while since the concert, to say the least. His uncle supposedly lost the tapes while moving.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amy, winehouse, if i do, aint nobodies business, unreleased, live, 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users