I was at an old music store earlier today and I damn near had a heart attack when I saw that there was a limited edition vinyl version of 'Amy Winehouse: The Ska EP (2008)' with some amazing live recordings that I haven't found anywhere on the internet, including demo versions of all of her ska covers (Monkey Man, You're Wondering Now, Cupid, and Hey Little Rich Girl that I think aren't even on the internet) Besides this, there are also official instrumentals to all of the aforementioned songs. It was only twenty dollars, it was, however, opened, so not worth as much as I think it could have been, but it's not like I even planned of selling it anyways. If I can find a way to get the audio onto a computer, I would be more than happy to share with you all. I'm just super happy because I can barely find a regular vinyl. After talking to the owner, I also found out that he made his own vinyl of 'The Other Side of Amy Winehouse'. Not official, but still awesome. Anyways, it was just an awesome find and I hope that I'm able to share with y'all
I got something kind of special (I'll try sending a picture if I can)the ska ep
Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:10 PM
Wow! Good for you! So this limited version of this rare "Amy Winehouse: The Ska EP (2008)" has some very rare live recordings and unheard demo versions of her Ska covers? And you have the audios of these rare gems somewhere? Please share them as soon as possible!
That's really great news! Thank you!
His message was brutal, but the delivery was kind.
Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:45 PM
No, I have yet to find the original version. I just found out, though, that it's a bootleg and not a special edition. It does still have the live recordings and demos. I need to go back to the store and ask the owner some questions though, because I want to know how he got all of this stuff.
Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:19 AM
This is partly why I was asking. Not only is the Ska EP a bootleg, but there's countless slightly different versions of it. If you could give a tracklisting I could probably upload the tracks for you, for comparison.
I wouldn't put too much importance on finding the first release of the Ska EP, it is simply 4 songs lifted from the second CD of B2B and pressed to vinyl.
Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:07 PM
Yeah. I'll list out the tracks though, and maybe you'll be able to find some of them.
1 - 4. - Just the four ska covers she did. Not really special. 00:00 - 12:34
5. You're Wondering Now (demo versions) Three demos of 'You're Wondering Now' 12:35 - 18:23
6. Monkey Man (demo version) Demo version of 'Monkey Man' 18:24 - 20:10
7. Hey Little Rich Girl (demo versions) Two demo versions of 'Hey Little Rich Girl' 20:11 - 24:26
8. Cupid (demo versions) Two demo versions of 'Cupid' 24:27 - 27:44
9. You're Wondering Now (instrumental) Instrumental version of 'You're Wondering Now' 27:45 - 29:52
10. Monkey Man (instrumental) Instrumental version of 'Monkey Man' 29:53 - 32:03
11. Hey Little Rich Girl (instrumental version) Instrumental version of 'Hey Little Rich Girl' 32:03 - 34:32
12. Free Nelson Mandela (acoustic rehearsal at Hyde Park - July 16, 2008) Amy rehearsing for 'Free Nelson Mandela' at Hyde Park 24:33 - 29:56
13. Free Nelson Mandela (choir rehearsal at Hyde Park - July 16, 2008) Choir rehearsing for 'Free Nelson Mandela' at Hyde Park 29:57 - 35:23
14. Free Nelson Mandela (full rehearsal at Hyde Park - July 16, 2008) Choir and Amy rehearsing for 'Free Nelson Mandela) at Hyde Park 35:24 - 43:43
15. Ghost Town feat. The Specials (live at V Festival 2009) Amy and The Specials performing 'Ghost Town' at V Festival 43:44 - 45:50
16. Cupid (instrumental version) Instrumental version of 'Cupid' 45:51 - 47:56 (don't ask me why it was at the very end, apart from the rest of the instrumental versions)
Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:46 AM
I love the version of Free Nelson Mandela that she does. It's just her and her acoustic guitar.
Would sure love to hear this and the demos (please, please, please)
Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:19 PM
I will try my absolute best to do so. Since it was made by the person that I bought it from, I'm almost positive that he has the files from the vinyl. If not, I'm just there's some way I could get the audio on the vinyl on to a computer and share it on here. If not, I'll see if there's a way I could the vinyl copied a bunch of times.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users