Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

I got something kind of special (I'll try sending a picture if I can)

the ska ep

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 Amy Legend

Amy Legend

Wake Up Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:33 PM

Can you post some pictures of the front and the back cover of the vinyl and some other stuff, please? :)

Love Amy 4 Ever ❤️❤️❤️

#17 BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:26 AM

That's what I'm trying to do. As I've told others before, my computer isn't the best and it doesn't have a working camera. While you wait though, I promise it's nothing special. Since I guess the owner of the store is the one that made it, I'd imagine that it's the only vinyl in existence. Until I get a picture to you, imagine a plain black vinyl with ring sticker in the center that says in kinda fancy writing (calligraphy) 'The Ska EP'. The back is just black vinyl, no sticker. The holder is just the front cover of the EP itself, and then a close-up of Amy's face shown on the front. 

#18 Amy Legend

Amy Legend

Wake Up Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:38 AM

Oh, okay! But have you tried some tutorials on YouTube about how to get the mp3 files from the vinyl into your computer? If you did so, any success?

Love Amy 4 Ever ❤️❤️❤️

#19 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

Please don't use MP3! This material is too important to only by available in lossy quality.

#20 BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:36 PM

I'll do that. I asked the owner of the vinyl for the files but he said no (no, no). He even asked, or, I should say, told me not to share the files. Not listening to him though, but I'll try to use a different audio format. Any suggestions?

#21 Amy Legend

Amy Legend

Wake Up Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:47 AM

Maybe ".FLAC" is good?

Love Amy 4 Ever ❤️❤️❤️

#22 BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

Is there a way I can try hearing a .flac? I tried converting an MP3 of 'Close to The Front' (something that my computer almost died doing) but it was complete garbage. It sucked. I think I might just go with MP3, it's still good enough quality.

#23 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:49 AM

If you're using Windows I highly recommend this audio player for both playback and converting: http://foobar2000.org

There's no point converting a lossy file (mp3) to lossless (flac). The resulting audio will be bit-identical - not better, nor worse. That's why it's called "lossless". You have to use uncompressed or lossless from the beginning and no lossy transcoding in between.

If you're not technically minded you can upload the files uncompressed (WAV/AIFF).

[Ramblings from an audiophile] if one have access to exclusive audio of Amy, I think it's of high importance not to degrade the audio with lossy data compression and when ripping from vinyl, not to use and kind of noise/hiss filtering or click/pop removal. When you transfer from analog sources it's also important (if supported by hardware) to use high bitdepth (24bit) and samplerates (minimum 96kHz).

Unfortunately, almost all unreleased songs (apart from live recordings) have so far only been leaked in very low quality lossy encodings.

All things preserved of Amy are so precious to me, that's why this is important.

#24 BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:32 PM

I mean. I personally think that the unreleased songs are in an okay quality. Also, I mean, I'll try doing a .flac but I might just go with MP3 tbh. If if I can find a decent .flac converter, then I'll do that, but if not, I'm just doing MP3. 

#25 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 July 2018 - 11:02 PM

You don't need to use a converter at all. Just transfer from vinyl in uncompressed WAV and upload in that format. That's even simpler than using MP3. There's no need of converting between different formats.

#26 Amy Legend

Amy Legend

Wake Up Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:36 AM

When do you think you're gonna release all this rare Amy stuff? In like how many days exactly?

Love Amy 4 Ever ❤️❤️❤️

#27 BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:59 AM

When I can find a computer that can handle taking it from the vinyl.

#28 BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:00 AM

It shouldn't be too long, but I can't give an exact estimate.

#29 BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

BagsNShoesJazzNBlues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:00 AM

I know this sounds kinda sketchy and shady, like a lie, but I promise I will get it out there.

• MingusMonk&Amy and TakeTheBox03 like this

#30 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:12 PM

You could give this a try ...

Disconnect any USB storage drives that you don't need.

Run your malware/adaware and virus programs to get rid of anything wasting resources by keeping track of what you're doing on your PC.

Run Disk Defragmenter, then you'll have a big chunk of space on your hard drive to save the files to, verses the ripping program having to work harder by trying to save them to little bits of space all over your hard drive.

Reboot, disconnect from the Net, shut your virus and malware/adaware software off, then try to rip

Whatever the outcome, be sure to turn your virus and malware/adaware software back on when you're done

Without knowing how much memory or HD space you have, I'm not sure if this will help you rip those files. But it does sound like your PC is a little bogged down and doing this might help your performance anyway.

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users