Photo
- - - - -

'In My Bed' video filming location (Solved)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:53 AM

Every time I have ever watched the 'In My Bed' video I've found the architecture of the hotel intriguing and always have gone on a Google hunt to see where it was filmed, but never had any luck ... until today :D

It was filmed at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel. The building was built at the turn of the last century by Edward VII, as a private residence for his mistress. In the early 1900's it was sold and renovated, with the architects creating the lavish and intricate Edwardian interiors and fascia. The house became a hotel in 1966.

In the photos below, it looks like it went through another major renovation since Amy was filmed there, but you can still see some familiar background settings ...

995ed73d_z.jpg

1402870_123_y.jpg

grand-royale-london-hyde.jpg

grand_royale_london_hyde_park_31.jpg

HI139228664.jpg

14789259.jpg

• melnyk, Fierce, The Other Side and 4 others like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 pattieboyd2

pattieboyd2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:53 AM

Thank you thank you thank you so much!  I've done the same, trying to find which hotel it was with no luck.  How did you finally work it out?  I actually walked down this street and past this building the last time I was in London without knowing!  Bayswater is where I usually stay.

• xDetachmentx likes this

I'm not gonna meet your mother anytime

#3 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:54 PM

It was just a matter of finally using the right search terms in Google Images when looking for that room with the dome in the ceiling. I finally tried 'hotel ballroom london' and there it was, about halfway down the page.

• Mizzwanned and pattieboyd2 like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#4 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:33 PM

You're a magician, Uno. Hope you've been well! Glad to see you're still around here! That hotel is beautiful.

It was just a matter of finally using the right search terms in Google Images when looking for that room with the dome in the ceiling. I finally tried 'hotel ballroom london' and there it was, about halfway down the page.

• Uno likes this

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#5 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:34 PM

nicely done!

• Uno likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users