Photo
- - - - -

Back To Blake (Live at Children Charity Ball 2009), RARE.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:37 AM

• melnyk, petraPaine and lypelros like this

#2 sgh

sgh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:32 AM

Dang that is sad.

• petraPaine and lypelros like this

#3 Amy Legend

Amy Legend

Wake Up Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:44 AM

Hard to watch... :(

• lypelros likes this

Love Amy 4 Ever ❤️❤️❤️

#4 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:17 AM

I've always wondered if she just sounded bad for this song (the only one that happened to get filmed) or the whole set.

Because the review from Monstersandcritics.com and also the Rays of Sunshine Newsletter that came out shortly after she was there said it was a 'spectacular performance' and 'Her performance really made the evening'. She looks like she's got it together in the newsletter photo vs not looking or sounding very good in the video

The Monstersandcritics.com review is no longer online, but you can still read it at Archive.org ...

https://web.archive....rprises-charity

And here's a screenshot from the Rays of Sunshine Newsletter ...

2rp4qdj.jpg

• melnyk likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#5 sgh

sgh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 02:51 AM

Well I'm sure they would make try to make it sound positive in their own newsletter, but that is interesting that the review site not affiliated with the charity said the same. 

#6 Gorejuice

Gorejuice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 September 2018 - 06:15 AM

Honestly, after some of the things Ive seen (written or otherwise) that you always take it with a grain of salt. Even if this one amature video with bad sound quality makes her look bad, whos to say she didnt knock it out of the park the rest of the gig? Plus, this is one of her most emotional songs, i wouldnt be surprised if she got nervous and emotional and didnt perform it so well.

I dont know, just my thoughts. I have a hard time believing anything super bad, but I can admit when she hasnt done a great job too.

I think it was after I read how she was being rude and loud and obnoxious during the Kings speech at the launch og Shaka Zuku in 2010, yet then i found a video of his speech, with nothing absurd or obnoxious happening during it, and then it showed a clip of Amy, very calm and polite, stand up to give him a proper standing ovation when not many others did.

It was then that I realized, anything negatively written, or one short crappy video, doesnt always mean she buggered the whole thing.

So until footage of the entire concert comes out, Im not assuming she did terribly if everyone who was there is saying she did good.

Just my thoughts. 

#7 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:15 PM

I agree, to a certain extent. But you've gotta look at the context of the whole thing. I mean, it's likely that it was some sort of tabloid that you read about her at the King's speech. The person here, that's saying she probably did badly at this gig, is a fan (multiple fans, actually) that care about her very much, admitting that in 2010, she was still not in the best shape. If she's like this in this video, i think it's pretty safe to say that she didn't do too well at the rest of the gig. it's a charity thing, they probably wouldn't want to outshine the main focus of the event with yet more news about how amy flopped another gig. to me, it'd be like watching her bestival gig, and saying that she could have done well at the rest. she was obviously not well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users