6 replies to this topic

#1 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:07 AM

Hello everyone. Anybody seen footage of Amy singing at Jazz After Dark in December 2007? I think I saw some short video but I can't remember exactly, and I can't find anything online. I only found a link of the Sun website which had some clip but it's dead now and doesn't archived. Any help much appreciated.

2b1PNQ4wuC0.jpg

#2 Amy Legend

Amy Legend

Wake Up Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:45 AM

So you've just seen a short video of this before?

Isn't it this one I posted below? On the video it says that it was recorded on February 19th, 2008 but not on December of 2007.

I don't think it exists (or surfaced) ANY footage of Amy singing at Jazz After Dark on December 2007,

but it definitely exists some footage from 2008 and 2010 from that same place...

Love Amy 4 Ever ❤️❤️❤️

#3 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

So you've just seen a short video of this before?

Isn't it this one I posted below? On the video it says that it was recorded on February 19th, 2008 but not on December of 2007.

I don't think it exists (or surfaced) ANY footage of Amy singing at Jazz After Dark on December 2007,

but it definitely exists some footage from 2008 and 2010 from that same place...

Oh yes, I think I saw it, very short piece of footage, and one person told me she sang Boulevard of broken dreams on that video. And I am really looking for Jazz After Dark 2007 clips, I'm sure they exist.

#4 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:03 AM

Here's a little snippet of when the vultures, whoops I mean paparazzi, filmed her from outside Jazz After Dark that night.

She was singing 'Unchain My Heart' ...

Edited to say

I just realized  after I pushed the post button that this was Feb 2008, I've never knew there was a video from when she was there in Dec 2007. @Fierce can you post the link to the Sun page where you saw the dead video link, thanks

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#5 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:35 AM

@Fierce can you post the link to the Sun page where you saw the dead video link, thanks

http://www.thesun.co...ticle552889.ece

Link to old topic https://www.amywineh...gig-last-night/

• Uno likes this

#6 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:14 AM

Thanks for the links :)

Too bad, Archive.org didn't save this article, or save their "Showbiz Video" page for this day. From what I've read online, this wasn't really 'A Secret Gig', Amy just showed up while New Orleans jazz vocalist Corliss Randall was doing her residency there. The following is a post from the reviews section of allinlondon.co.uk made by an audience member that was there that night ...

Went to jazz after Dark on Wednesday night to celebrate my girlfriends birthday, we were a group of ten so we booked in advance to get a table in the music area. It is a lovely cool place with a great selection of tapas and an amusing cocktail list. They had a house band playing, a New Orleans jazz vocalist with pianist, bass and sax they were very entertaining. Suddenly to our amazement in walked Amy Winehouse with a group of friends – she is really lovely she chatted happily with everybody. They ordered jugs of cocktails and tapas just like us – to our joy the house band invited her up to sing. She sang two songs and she left the crowd overwhelmed.

Corliss Randall was also the Jazz After Dark residency artist when Amy did an impromptu there in Feb 2008

• Fierce likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#7 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:03 AM

Thanks for the links :)

Too bad, Archive.org didn't save this article, or save their "Showbiz Video" page for this day. From what I've read online, this wasn't really 'A Secret Gig', Amy just showed up while New Orleans jazz vocalist Corliss Randall was doing her residency there. The following is a post from the reviews section of allinlondon.co.uk made by an audience member that was there that night ...

Thank you Uno for help  :D  Great info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users