8 replies to this topic

#1 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:18 AM

Hey. A while back, there was a post about an 'I Hate Amy Winehouse' shirt.. I'm gonna make another version, hopefully better this time. I'm open to hearing any ideas about improving the design of the TShirt, if you'd like, but other than that, i'll probably get on it. I'll probably have the shirt designed by Friday, if not tomorrow. I'll make it in black and pink, if anyone's interested.

• petraPaine and sweatanovpi like this

#2 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:08 AM

I might have underestimated how long this could take. I'm having some trouble with the font

• petraPaine likes this

#3 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:33 AM

I think i'll be able to fix it, but it's something to do with the font. I'm trying to work on the design

• petraPaine likes this

#4 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:07 PM

Alright. If anyone wants it, i finished the design. It's pretty much the same as last time so nothing much, but hope you like it.

https://www.teepubli...winehouse-shirt

• petraPaine likes this

#5 sgh

sgh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:36 AM

This is only tangentially related to your post, but whoever originally came up with that idea for her merch was brilliant

• xDetachmentx and petraPaine like this

#6 Gorejuice

Gorejuice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:05 AM

It doesn't show anything for me?
  • petraPaine likes this

#7 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:22 AM

Well here's the design. It should take you to the page to get it if you want

**EDIT** I guess someone really as greedy enough to take it down. DMCA. So uh. Yeah. I'll see what I can do about it, but as a person on a laptop with no knowledge of who took it down, i can only do so much. If you want to read the full DMCA https://www.copyrigh...lation/dmca.pdf

Attached Files

• petraPaine likes this

#8 Tanqueray

Tanqueray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, England

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:57 PM

Hi, Why would you want to make a t-shirt with I hate Amy Winehouse on? I think the ironic humour is lost on me.
Also I’m not sure how it works outside the UK, but you might possibly get into trouble selling it over here, it could be an infringement of copyright using that logo.
  • petraPaine and Chris Morlock like this

#9 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:13 PM

Well, from what I'd seen, you couldn't copyright the design (font), color, or things like that of a logo, and as far as I was aware, you couldn't copyright names. Maybe the design of the shirt itself was licensed. Also, I think it was originally sold by her merch store, and the only way to buy a shirt that said 'I hate amy winehouse' was to get it through her store. At least, that's what I thought. I just thought it was a good way to represent that you really didn't hate her, since you wouldn't actually buy a shirt saying you hate someone if you hated them. It's sort of cheesy in a way, I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users