2 replies to this topic

#1 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:34 AM

Now, I'm sure it's pretty apparent by now, but spammers have gotten out of control. It's unbelievable, frankly, (heh) and I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions. I don't know what mods are capable of on here aside from removing people and such, but i had a few ideas if you'd care to listen. For one, I think we could update the entry question. Maybe to something slightly harder, but easily guessable by fans of Amy (obviously the target audience for the forum). You could also potentially have multiple questions and they switch around so it's not just one. This alone would probably do wonders for the forum. Second, maybe putting a limit on how early newcomers could post. Or make it so they could only post in introductions for a while, so spammers wouldn't be able to fill the other parts of the forum. I also think a newer CAPTCHA (when entering your information, and creating an account) could help as well. That's about as much as I can think of, so, does anyone else have any suggestions?

• inwinoveritas, xDetachmentx, KorkaP and 2 others like this

#2 AmyForever<3

AmyForever<3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:54 AM

Maybe, those sound pretty good. There could also be a limit to how frequent a user can post, until the user is approved by a moderator or something. Another idea could be to have threads approved by moderators before displaying them, which means people wouldn't see the spam, devaluing it to spammers. Unfortunately, the frequency of mod activity (as i think that v_melnik and The Other Side are the only two mods here) doesn't line up with how often threads are posted, so maybe not. To prevent in-thread spam, maybe limit how often someone can post in a certain thread, like, with cooldown and the like.

• inwinoveritas and xDetachmentx like this

#3 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:55 AM

Hello, friends.

I've made a separate group which a new user is being assigned to, it's called Newcomers. Their posts (either new topics and comments) will be hidden before moderators' approval. When a user has 3 posts approved, it's being automatically promoted to the default group called Members.

What we need to do next. There are hundreds of accounts that had been signed up within the last couple of months, most of them are spammers and, alas, they're already in the Members group, so they have the default permissions and they're able to keep shitting. The information of their profiles is pretty similar to the userinfos of the other spammers', so it's quite easy to tell who is a spammer. To be frank, I have not too much time to deal with them, that's why I hadn't been taking any measures for so much time. :-( So, if anyone is ready to review this huge pile of shit and tag each suspicious guest, just feel free to let me know about your will to help, and I'll gladly share some of my duties with you.

Thanks!

P.S. Кажется, все наконец-то пошли на хуй.

• inwinoveritas, xDetachmentx and JadedHearts like this

V.Melnyk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users