MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:46 PM

https://www.rollings...ur-2019-736337/

Production will boast live band, singers, theatrical stagecraft

An Amy Winehouse hologram will tour the world next fall as part of a new partnership between the singer’s estate and BASE Hologram. An exact start date for the trek has yet to be announced, though it’s expected to kick off late 2019. Per a statement, the show will feature “digitally remastered arrangements of [Winehouse’s] classics” while the hologram “will be backed by a live band, singers and theatrical stagecraft.”

“This is a dream for us,” said Winehouse’s father, Mitch. “To see her perform again is something special that really can’t be put into words. Our daughter’s music touched the lives of millions of people and it means everything that her legacy will continue in this innovative and groundbreaking way.”

The hologram tour will also raise money for the Amy Winehouse Foundation. The organization works to combat and prevent drug and alcohol abuse among young people, while also providing other services to disadvantaged youth.

The Winehouse trek will mark BASE Hologram’s third major musical hologram tour. This fall, the company launched its first two productions, one featuring Roy Orbison and the other beloved opera singer Maria Callas. Next year, the company will also debut a location-based project, “Discoveries: Jack Horner’s World of Dinosaurs,” which will feature renowned paleontologists guiding viewers through the Jurassic era.

“Amy was an extraordinary individual who had an unbelievable passion for both her music and her fans,” said BASE CEO of productions, Marty Tudor. “This tour will tap into that devotion and remind people of her amazing voice and all of her contributions to the world of music. In addition, we are proud to be a part of contributing to the Amy Winehouse Foundation and Amy’s legacy of commitment to others in need.”

• Gammuelnall and GeranokK like this

#2 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:49 PM

I don't like this. It's too creepy. Although more money to AWF is good.

#3 Mizzwanned

Mizzwanned

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:27 PM

It is creepy to me but I'm sure i would go just to hear her music loud again, in a theater/venue with other fans

#4 ravenauseous

ravenauseous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:28 PM

I have so many questions, not expecting anybody here to know the answers but these are just what popped into my head lol. How will Amy be depicted? As her younger self from the Frank era? Or as how she looked later in her life? Because of course she looked pretty different. Also, Will they do songs we haven’t heard, or atleast songs we haven’t heard live? Any covers? I feel like they should’ve said more in the announcement although i’m sure they’ll say more later. It’s hard for me to wrap my head around this lol

#5 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:31 PM

This just won't be the same. I'll probably be crying though, if I attend any of the concerts, as seeing Amy on a stage, in a concert setting would just be too much of a throwback, and a reminder of what's missing. I don't know this is just strange to me, and while they did it for MJ and Tupac and I'm sure some others, I wasn't sure if Amy would ever get something like this. I've actually thought about this before but I didn't know it'd actually ever happen

#6 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:08 AM

I have so many questions, not expecting anybody here to know the answers but these are just what popped into my head lol. How will Amy be depicted? As her younger self from the Frank era? Or as how she looked later in her life? Because of course she looked pretty different. Also, Will they do songs we haven’t heard, or atleast songs we haven’t heard live? Any covers? I feel like they should’ve said more in the announcement although i’m sure they’ll say more later. It’s hard for me to wrap my head around this lol

Obviously we don't know yet, but your question gets me hoping that they will portray Amy through time. Since it's a hologram, they could use cool effects to change her outfits/age sorta like how the Whitney Houston hologram was on The Voice. It would be Amazing to see her sing some of the covers she did on the BBC/other networks like Lullaby of Birdland or I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know, with outfit changes to fit each song and different styles of hair/clothing as they went through the eras.

At least I'd hope they'd do something interesting like that rather than just have her in the same outfit singing the whole show. 

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:28 AM

If it works and I'm sure it will then it should be amazing, and to be able to listen to her in a live setting, all sonic and loud, it will be worth the ticket price. I knew there was to be a major announcement but I didn't expect this, I was hoping for new music/album but still, this should project Amy back into the foreground once again. Should be cool.

#8 Tanqueray

Tanqueray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, England

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:16 AM

I was never lucky enough to see Amy singing live, so I guess this is the next best thing. I’ve seen a video from the AWF gala where Mitch announced it and explained their reasons for doing it. I have mixed feelings about this, but try to stop me from going. I think it will be a really emotional evening.

#9 muchosmahalos

muchosmahalos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:33 AM

I know this will get a lot of mixed feedback from her fans but for someone who has never seen Amy live, this will be amazing to see. For those who don't like the idea, the money going to the Amy Winehouse Foundation should be a good enough reason for your support! 

And to answer the previous questions, we have no idea what the setlist will be like or how she'll be depicted but if I were to guess, it would be a 2007 Back to Black era Winehouse a.k.a the most famous (worldwide) might be best. I'd imagine the hologram makers would follow the lines of say a "I told you I was trouble" concert setlist since the audio and visuals have already been created by the queen herself. 

also, how cool would it be if the original band got back together for this! Zalon, Dale Davis, etc... MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

• Gorejuice likes this

#10 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:10 AM

I personally don't think Amy would have liked this. I mean, to begin with, it's creepy in my opinion. Amy's been dead for seven years, and seeing her performing is just too eerie and sad for me. It was also pretty well known that she didn't like touring at all, and didn't like putting things out that she would've been uncomfortable with. Hell, alot of the things on this forum would probably have been frowned on by her. I don't think that it's right, and while I know that the rest of her family, at least the immediate members, approve, it's very hard to think that she would've liked being seen as this over half a decade after she died. Secondly, while the Amy Winehouse Foundation will benefit from this, it really doesn't mean alot when the basic function of the tour of the tour is to use her image for money. It's unclear how much money could really plausibly be made off of the tour, it certainly doesn't excuse the rest of it, and it'd just be sad for alot of people who had gotten to see her live.

Also, I feel like the setlist would likely be filled with her more popular songs, not alot of things from LHT I think. Her image could progress over the tour. Start it off with a young Amy (18), more Frank era, then to Back to Black (22), and then in her last stages (26, 27) The set list could progress like this too, if they wanted. She looked surprisingly old (not in a bad way) for her age at 27, she'd have looked lovely in her later years.

• Mrs. Destiny likes this

#11 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:04 PM

(deleted)

#12 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:38 PM

Based on how they put these things together, with a live band, they will be putting together new musical arrangements, they will also need to find voice recordings of Amy, stuff that hasn't been heard or used before which could very well mean a new Amy Album of the show. Also they will need to find an actress to film the digital, hologram movements. So it will be Amy's head and voice but not her body, sounds spooky like watching a ghost. Mind you, still should be a good show and a must see.

#13 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:24 AM

They'll likely record all of it, or most of it, if they do feature any unreleased songs (unlikely). Hopefully so, but I certainly don't think a new album is in the works, however dreamy it might be.

• King Marty likes this

#14 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:05 PM

I knew I'd see the name "Mitch" before I even opened this.

• amylove likes this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#15 sgh

sgh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:07 AM

This is the kind of thing I'd debate whether it was creepy or a cool opportunity for months and then when it finally comes go to buy tickets but ultimately decide against it because it's too expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users