Photo
- - - - -

New Biopic in the Works (albeit according to the Sun, they did get Mitch to speak on it)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:05 PM

Here's the article. I think it's pretty clear that there won't be any unreleased music in this one, but I think it'll be cool, as it'll expose her even more to the general public, to some people that might not know her in a more digestible and easy to understand way. Lots of Amy stuff coming out lately, I'm glad.

https://www.thesun.c...-play-the-icon/

• weloveyouamy and Gorejuice like this

#2 Gorejuice

Gorejuice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:17 AM

I hope this is true, and I hope it's great! I'm really excited for Bohemian Rhapsody, and literally was just saying to my husband that I can't wait for a film to be made about Amy that looks as classy and well done as it, and hopefully we dont have to wait 20 years for it! Looks like God may have answered my prayers!

#3 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:07 AM

Florence Pugh could play Amy.

#4 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:43 AM

I know! It's pretty exciting, but I don't expect it to be anything new at all. And maybe. I can't think of anyone that could really pull Amy off. Lady Gaga really would have been a good pick, looks-wise, but other than that, maybe not as much.

#5 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:34 AM

For people wanting a more credible news source with more info

https://www.theguard...und-deal-biopic

#6 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:30 AM

Last months there's plenty of interest in Amy again, and that makes me really happy ❤️❤️
  • Gorejuice likes this

#7 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:28 PM

Surely the biopic will come with some sort of soundtrack album? Based on that, there has to be a lead song? Something new I suspect.

#8 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:22 AM

I mean, archived footage is usually supposed to come with unreleased songs, and those are mostly just for 'a life through the lens' or 'in her words' and other annoying terms used to describe documentaries like 'Amy' or 'What Happened, Miss Simone?'. This is a biopic, and I really don't think there's much of a window for anything new.

#9 King Marty

King Marty

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:02 PM

Still going with the lead song theory, if they have anything and we know they have, yep, we will be getting something. I will put my house on it.

#10 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:31 PM

As I said, maybe, but it really doesn't feel like they'd include a song like that in a biopic. They haven't for previous biopics, doesn't fit well with the format, and it really wouldn't make sense to have some unreleased, unheard song of hers as the lead song. Not putting it out of the equation,it just really feels out of place.

• King Marty likes this

#11 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:32 PM

Of course they have new things, but who's to say they'd release it?

• King Marty likes this

#12 AmyForever<3

AmyForever<3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:35 AM

The producer of the movie recently talked with Lauren Jauregui (former Fifth Harmony member) about auditioning for her. Lauren looks like her in a way, and it would certainly bring much more attention to the film. She also did an Amy song for a show called 'Lip Sync Battle' not too long ago. She's got the looks, the mannerisms is what I'm more concerned with

#13 amywinehousequeen

amywinehousequeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:12 AM

I hope they cast a real actress... The look is really not that important... Tackling Amy's emotions/psychology would require someone who knows what they're doing lollll x

• pattieboyd2 and Gorejuice like this

#14 AmyForever<3

AmyForever<3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:43 AM

Yeah, but looks still play a big part in it. And who's to say Lauren isn't a 'real' actress (whatever 'real' means). You've not met her, neither have I, I think it's best to put it aside until the auditioning is done.

• xDetachmentx likes this

#15 pattieboyd2

pattieboyd2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:38 AM

Whoever it is, I hope they can do a north London accent.

I'm not gonna meet your mother anytime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users