#1 Gorejuice

Gorejuice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:34 AM

A fellow fan account on Instagram is campaigning for MAC Cosmetics to create and release a limited edition makeup line dedicated to our amazing and trend setting muse. As a makeup artist and lover myself, this is extremely important!

ANY AND ALL SIGNITURES WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED!

Also, I have suggested that once we get the numbers, we could also approach other brands who are known for quality and honoring other influencial artists like Amy.

This would be a HUGE deal, and I would be so so so excited if this happened, as well as many others I'm sure!

https://www.change.o...=share_petition
  • Gorejuice and jackllsn like this

#2 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:19 PM

I was thinking about this when the Aaliyah line came out. It looks like Amy was planning on it.

https://www.popsugar...ty-Line-1074739

#3 Gorejuice

Gorejuice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:30 PM

I was thinking about this when the Aaliyah line came out. It looks like Amy was planning on it.
https://www.popsugar...ty-Line-1074739

Yes! I remember that so vividly, that's why I really want this to happen. I think it would be such a wonderful way to carry out something that she was interested in and carrying on her legacy!

#4 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:01 PM

I actually signed it a while back. I really, truly hope they do this, just more things to remember her with, but I wonder what they'd pick? I mean, what colors, makeup types, etc. 

• Gorejuice likes this

#5 Gorejuice

Gorejuice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:35 AM

I actually signed it a while back. I really, truly hope they do this, just more things to remember her with, but I wonder what they'd pick? I mean, what colors, makeup types, etc. 

I would honestly prefer a brand like Kat Von D Beauty to do it, she is known to do ranges inspired by other artists and her formulas are amazing AND VEGAN AND CRUELTY FREE! Thats the only thing I dont like about MAC. Their price point is honestly not worth it for me since they have horrible history with animal testing.

• pattieboyd2 likes this

#6 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:31 AM

Only something people who actually signed/wanted this but the person that started the campaign said that MAC got back to him saying they'd take it into future consideration  :)  I think it might even be wise to release it around the biopic's release

#7 Gorejuice

Gorejuice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:50 AM

Only something people who actually signed/wanted this but the person that started the campaign said that MAC got back to him saying they'd take it into future consideration  :)  I think it might even be wise to release it around the biopic's release

That would be a FANTASTIC idea!

Random, but this happened by accident but since I'm a cosmetologist, I was shopping at a professional shop one day right before Bohemian Rhapsody came out, and they had nail polish themed for the movie. I hadnt heard anything about it but there it was. Kinda random but you better believe I bought some  :amy_lol:  If they had come out with a makeup range I definitely would have bought it too! Its good marketing for sure!

Im just so excited, we had a great movie for Freddie and the band come out, and now I get to look forward to an Amy biopic. It's like God is smiling on me hehe.

Now lets just hope he reads my mind like he did for the person they cast as Amy, because damnit if he didnt answer my prayers with a beautiful EGYPTIAN man like Rami Malek haha.

• xDetachmentx likes this

#8 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:42 PM

Well, it's officially been cancelled. Mitch sent an e-mail to the guy hosting the campaign saying
"Michael.
You should have asked the family before you did all this hard work.
While we very much appreciate everything that you are doing helping to keep Amy’s memory alive, we cannot endorse this project in any way.
So please don’t go to any more trouble.
Thanks
Mitch Winehouse"

I can sort of understand why, especially if he didn't have anything to do with it, but I wish he'd have done something sooner, before someone at M.A.C got back to the person.

#9 Gorejuice

Gorejuice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 March 2019 - 10:01 PM

Wow. This has literally been happening for months, with so much effort from so many people , and we get someone where and now he says something? Jeez.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Amy, Makeup, Eyeliner, Lipstick, Cat eye, Winged liner, Beehive, Jade, Campaign

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users