Photo
- - - - -

Are there any quotes from Amy about Marilyn Monroe?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:30 PM

We know that Amy was a huge fan of Marilyn. I haven't been able to find any direct quotes from Amy on this topic, only what's available in her parents' books.

fd32f11066084954.jpg

• xDetachmentx likes this

#2 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:44 AM

We know that Amy was a huge fan of Marilyn. I haven't been able to find any direct quotes from Amy on this topic, only what's available in her parents' books.

The only thing I can recall is from the written interview 'Amy Tells It Straight' that took place in November 2004, where she briefly mentions Marilyn Monroe and the interviewer also says that Amy was talking into her 'gold effect Marilyn Monroe phone' during the course of their interview ...

http://www.edp24.co....raight_1_702364

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#3 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:22 PM

Great article. Thanks. This reminds me that I should start listening to Joss Stone, given Amy's appraisal.

#4 Tanqueray

Tanqueray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, England

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:12 PM

She also mentions the title of the Marilyn Monroe film River Of No Return in the lyrics of In My Bed

#5 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:50 PM

She also mentions the title of the Marilyn Monroe film River Of No Return in the lyrics of In My Bed

I've seen that movie so many times that I know it by heart. I only wish the Bluray had a color scheme more faithful to the original monopack Eastmancolor look instead of that ugly modern teal revisionist color scheme. The restoration team at Fox has done this to many of their older titles. Very annoying :angry:

• xDetachmentx likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users