Photo
- - - - -

Shappi Khorsandi's Dream Dinner Party (BBC)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:30 AM

This radio show, which includes Amy, was put together with audio snippets from the BBC sound archive. Amy shows up at the Dinner Party when the doorbell rings at 8:30 ...

Shappi Khorsandi's Dream Dinner Party (BBC Sounds - 28 minutes)

Comedian and author Shappi Khorsandi hosts a dinner party with a twist. All her guests are from beyond the grave, her heroes brought back to life by the magic of the BBC radio archive.

She’s joined by poet and memoirist Maya Angelou, broadcaster and comedian Kenny Everett, actor Richard Burton, post-war Labour politician and feminist campaigner Dr Edith Summerskill and singer songwriter Amy Winehouse.

While the saffron-inspired Persian feast simmers gently, the conversation around the dinner table heats up. But the early tensions soon dissolve as Shappi and her guests discuss the joy of music and the power of the human voice, home and exile, fighting prejudice, and Elizabeth Taylor. Alongside frank confessions, there's laughter, singing and tales of love.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m0008h3n

• pattieboyd2 likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 pattieboyd2

pattieboyd2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:30 AM

That was fun!

I'm not gonna meet your mother anytime

#3 Agresio

Agresio

just me and my dignity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:46 AM

That was actually really interesting! I loved Amy's short comments and laughs throughout the conversation. Very clever. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users