12 replies to this topic

#1 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 02:10 PM

Probably a lot of times we have been dealing with this topic.However,I think it is the right time to retackle this issue.
4 years before her death (time when this interview was recorded) she was clearly sick and showing signs of it.
What would happen if Amy could stop at this point in her career? We don't know,and matbe it would have costed a lot of money to her managers,but it is most likely that we would have her alive and kicking,healthier,with more anecdotes,albums and tours around the globe with just 37 years old.
Her father was,in my opinion,the responsible of what happened.
I would love to read your comments and thoughts about this.

https://youtu.be/vAVgPeVlJWU

https://youtu.be/vAVgPeVlJWU

• RobertFuh likes this

#2 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 02:11 PM

Belgrade was already too late...

#3 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:59 AM

I've written about this before. Even though I believe the situation was far too complex to just put the blame on one single person, I do have a bad feeling about Raye Cosbert. She should have stayed with Nick Shymansky and her childhood friends. Some of her latter "friends" and colleagues seemed more interested in money. Compassion vs Greed? I believe she could have made it through with her genuine friends without a career hiatus.

Jane Winehouse made an great interview recently (https://youtu.be/9mUtUiG_O90) where she mentioned that it is a misconception that Amy was forced, for economical or any other reason, to go on stage. If she was on stage, it was Amy herself who wanted to be there. Obviously, there were many times when Cosbert should have flat out refused.

As for stopping her career completely - No. Myself, a music addict, naively believe music is the best remedy. She could have continued in a more low-key way - no press interviews or large tours, just quietly making music in her own phase. It makes me very sad to hear her friends describing that she was even beginning to loose her healing connection to music. I love Sam Beste's quote about how music was like a person to her, a person she needed and would die for. Ultimately, she found something even more important than music - Blake...?

Edited by MingusMonk&Amy, 09 March 2020 - 10:29 AM.

• xjxcob and Gorejuice like this

#4 Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2021 - 06:51 PM

She should have stayed with Nick Shymansky and her childhood friends. I believe she could have made it through with her genuine friends

Juliette, Lauren and Nick all turned their back on Amy when her life became complicated. That doesn't seem like something a genuine friend would do, in my opinion.

Jane Winehouse made an great interview recently where she mentioned that it is a misconception that Amy was forced, for economical or any other reason, to go on stage.

That's a lie. Tyler was there through it all and his book goes into detail about the Belgrade gig.

#5 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 June 2021 - 07:50 PM

What I would say say about Tyler’s version of events. He still didn’t stop it. Or her assistant Naomi. No one stopped it. He travelled with her, knowing she was barely conscious. I don’t care how much was at stake. If that were my friend or relative I would’ve gone out on that stage and stopped it.

#6 Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2021 - 07:59 PM

He still didn’t stop it. Or her assistant Naomi. No one stopped it. He travelled with her, knowing she was barely conscious.

He travelled with her to look after her. Neither of them had any authority to stop it.

#7 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 June 2021 - 08:24 PM

He travelled with her to look after her. Neither of them had any authority to stop it.

Like I said, nothing would stop me! Nothing! They stood at the side of the stage…I’d be on it! Take my ass to jail, try me!

#8 Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2021 - 08:49 PM

Like I said, nothing would stop me! Nothing! They stood at the side of the stage…I’d be on it!

That's probably easier said than done.
  • weloveyouamy likes this

#9 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:12 PM

That's probably easier said than done.

Who knows!
  • Kushbandit likes this

#10 Kushbandit

Kushbandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 10:41 AM

Who knows!

Sirhc is right though.  Stage security would stop you.  It's one thing to know the future of events and try to stop what happened. It's another to try and fight the venue security that isn't part of Amy's entourage.

#11 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 July 2021 - 05:16 PM

Sirhc is right though.  Stage security would stop you.  It's one thing to know the future of events and try to stop what happened. It's another to try and fight the venue security that isn't part of Amy's entourage.

Yes. He was with the entourage though.

#12 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 01:53 PM

All I know is that Amy was in that condition for MORE than an hour...and some hours later the footage would appear on the Intenet. Who knows but maybe those videos were the cause of her death

#13 Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2021 - 06:15 PM

All I know is that Amy was in that condition for MORE than an hour...and some hours later the footage would appear on the Intenet. Who knows but maybe those videos were the cause of her death

According to Tyler, she was calm and peaceful less than 24 hours after the Belgrade gig and stayed sober for the next month so I doubt the videos of her performance contributed to her death.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users