• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ravenauseous

ravenauseous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:06 AM

Looks like nobody’s posted about this yet... I can’t even believe it’s real. She sounds amazing on it https://youtu.be/_8XBNbPVGoE
  • melnyk, pattieboyd2 and JosephHails like this

#2 pattieboyd2

pattieboyd2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 08 December 2020 - 09:08 AM

Wow!

I'm not gonna meet your mother anytime

#3 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:25 PM

I'm speechless :o

The vocals are from 2011. I did have my suspicion about a collaboration back in 2011 when she helped him with studio costs, but never thought it would be released.

His debut album No Memory was released today.

• LaPeep and SarahMermaid like this

#4 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 December 2020 - 07:26 PM

Was just going to post about this!!!!

#5 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 December 2020 - 07:26 PM

When was this? 2011??

#6 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 December 2020 - 07:46 PM

I’m so happy to hear an actual 2011 recording other than body and soul. Giving thanks to the Gods.
  • MingusMonk&Amy likes this

#7 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 December 2020 - 08:19 PM

Article from April 2011... https://www.mirror.c...k-cheque-123083

Amy Winehouse gives 'blank cheque' to pal Kristian Marr to record his debut solo album

AMY Winehouse must be feeling flush these days.
That would explain why she’s sinking a shedload of cash into her mate Kristian Marr’s future as a singer.

I hear Amy has grown close to the ex-Towers of London bassist – who used to date Sadie Frost – and has given him a “blank cheque” to record his debut solo album. A pal of the pair tells me: “Amy and Kristian have known each other for years and she really believes he’s a talented guy that could be a success.

“She’s told him to do whatever he needs to do to get an album together. Amy said she’ll pick up all the studio costs. They are likely to be upwards of £50,000 so he’s extremely grateful.” What a nice friend Amy is!

#8 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 10:52 PM

I found it very strange listening to new Amy's music after all these years.It seems to me that she is alive,with kids, wearing a facemask and wandering around Camden Town.
Her voice sounds beautifully in this song, different from Frank and B2B era. Just imagine what would have been a third album with that incredible voice that resembles Billie Holliday's!
By the way, when did she record this? January and February impossible for me,since she was busy touring around Brazil and Dubai.Maybe it was after Body And Soul was recorded?(March 2011) I think Marrs should help us with this question.
  • Fluffybear677 likes this

#9 loveisblind

loveisblind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 09 December 2020 - 07:28 PM

This *made my day*! I love her voice in this era - thank you so much for sharing  :)

#10 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 December 2020 - 10:33 PM

What do you all think of the song? If it wasn’t for Amy singing on it I probably would’ve skipped it as it’s
not my type of music. I’ve seen a few Amy fans hate on it but when it’s a 2011 vocal....how could they?! Lol...I love it for that alone.

#11 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 December 2020 - 10:37 PM

By the way, when did she record this? January and February impossible for me,since she was busy touring around Brazil and Dubai.Maybe it was after Body And Soul was recorded?(March 2011) I think Marrs should help us with this question.

It would be good to know. I remember her saying to Tony Bennett that it was the first time she’d been in studio in ages. So wonder if it was after that?

#12 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 10:50 PM

It would be good to know. I remember her saying to Tony Bennett that it was the first time she’d been in studio in ages. So wonder if it was after that?

Good observation! Probably it was after March and before June and Belgrade's show. BTW, I'd love to hear an inedit full song by Amy recorded in 2011/2010. So far, we've been listening to collaborations (with Nas, Mutya Buena or Kristian Marrs) but it would be great to listen to an entire recording by Amy. Hopefully, one day we will be able to so that.

#13 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 December 2020 - 06:12 PM

Kristian Marr just confirmed it was 2010.

Attached Files

• MingusMonk&Amy likes this

#14 ravenauseous

ravenauseous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 09:18 PM

i thought so... her voice sounded a little better (not that she sounded awful here) in 2011 imo

#15 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 December 2020 - 08:13 PM

i thought so... her voice sounded a little better (not that she sounded awful here) in 2011 imo

I actually prefer her voice on this one than body and soul.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users