#1 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 January 2021 - 05:54 PM

Does anyone know if the demo of this was ever floating about? Be interesting to hear as not keen on Ronson’s production on the finished track.
  • camillepy11, Jemesmug, vickyfm18 and 6 others like this

#2 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 February 2021 - 07:36 PM

I'm pretty sure there's no other version available. The production is a bit "too much" and fatiguing, similar to the Lioness version of Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow or like a Phil Spector prod (I like his style but many complain about this). I'd like to hear a stripped-down version of the master take, like Ronson did for B2B (M.R. Orchestra Edit). A wider dynamic range by about 6dB would also help. I would have been amazing to have her interpretation of You Don't Own Me, which was Quincy's original choice of cover for her.

• SarahMermaid, camillepy11, vickyfm18 and 3 others like this

#3 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 02:22 AM

During an interview with Gigwize, about a week after the recording session, Mitch mentioned that Amy had recorded three takes of It's My Party' during her time in the studio. Hopefully they're still kicking around somewhere so that we can hear them someday, fingers crossed ...

Yeah, I really wish that she did 'You Don't Own Me' instead, a way better match for her, and she would have sounded  great.

• SarahMermaid, camillepy11, Fluffybear677 and 1 other like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#4 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 04:49 AM

I remember seeing/hearing few seconds of Amy's voice a cappella in the studio while recording It's My Party, which was part of one of those videos Zalon and Heshima used to shoot. It was something as short as 5 seconds. I never got to find it anywhere, but my guess is that there might be some video footage of the recording session as well as some rehearsal demo or alternate takes, just like the ones for Body and Soul with Tony.

• TakeTheBox03 likes this

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#5 TakeTheBox03

TakeTheBox03

Simple Sweet Guitar, Humbled By The Bass

• Moderators
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 20 February 2024 - 05:18 PM

During an interview with Gigwize, about a week after the recording session, Mitch mentioned that Amy had recorded three takes of It's My Party' during her time in the studio. Hopefully they're still kicking around somewhere so that we can hear them someday, fingers crossed ...

Yeah, I really wish that she did 'You Don't Own Me' instead, a way better match for her, and she would have sounded  great.

I think 'You Don't Own Me' is more Amy also. It's My Party sounds sad to me from her. Not that You Don't Own Me would sound any happier.

• ivycherrywine likes this

I was hit by a car once on my bike, but I still rode home. - AJW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users