#1 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:01 AM

Amy at the BBC is being released to streaming services. As with the Shepherds Bush gig, looks like they’re releasing it bit by bit.

Edit: and vinyl. 😍 https://store.amywin..._source=Website

Attached Files

• Gus×Wino, melnyk, xjxcob and 4 others like this

#2 xjxcob

xjxcob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Locationengland!

Posted 24 March 2021 - 08:30 PM

just preordered the exclusive one on sound of vinyl, so excited!!
  • MingusMonk&Amy, vickyfm18, gracielafz11 and 1 other like this

but now i like to think out loud

you're running with some different crowd

we both know

what it is. 

#3 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 11:11 AM

I just can’t find a reason they ‘re releasing the BBC sessions again and not something new. Not any song Amy did not want to be released, nor any drunk performance. They could release Union Chapel for example
  • MingusMonk&Amy likes this

#4 stimuland

stimuland

I'm talking 'bout my new guitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 02:23 PM

I just can’t find a reason they ‘re releasing the BBC sessions again and not something new. Not any song Amy did not want to be released, nor any drunk performance. They could release Union Chapel for example

I do not understand why the label keeps re-releasing the same old stuff when there is a ton of unreleased music in the vaults. I was at her 2007 show at the Roxy Theater in Los Angeles and have been dying to hear content from her U.S. tour with the Dap-Kings. Would kill to have a CD or DVD of her Coachella performance, or Joe's Pub, La Zona Rosa, etc.

• Gus×Wino and MingusMonk&Amy like this

#5 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 06:25 PM

I don’t want to make you explode 😂, but Zalon has said that there is also material from the Brazil era in the studio, a many-minutes of Boulevard of Broken Dreams included :)

#6 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 March 2021 - 06:26 PM

I do not understand why the label keeps re-releasing the same old stuff when there is a ton of unreleased music in the vaults. I was at her 2007 show at the Roxy Theater in Los Angeles and have been dying to hear content from her U.S. tour with the Dap-Kings. Would kill to have a CD or DVD of her Coachella performance, or Joe's Pub, La Zona Rosa, etc.

I totally agree. I'd love to hear a proper gig, supported by the Dap-Kings.

(My favourite gig with them is from the Mod Club) They have plenty of footage available but they keep releasing the same stuff. 🤔🤨
  • stimuland and MingusMonk&Amy like this

#7 stimuland

stimuland

I'm talking 'bout my new guitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 06:47 PM

I totally agree. I'd love to hear a proper gig, supported by the Dap-Kings.

(My favourite gig with them is from the Mod Club) They have plenty of footage available but they keep releasing the same stuff.

I wish we could start a petition or somehow bring this to the attention of the label. Come to think of it, I may actually do this...

• Gus×Wino likes this

#8 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 March 2021 - 07:39 PM

More digital recordings cut to vinyl? It's better than nothing I suppose. Repacking is the name of the game for all of the big record companies, but I guess it's not up to them in this case. Mitch was very firm when he said that there will be no more music, Salaam too as I recall, but live recordings might be a different thing. Now if they actually would go back to the analog multitracks of Back to Black, do a new mix entirely in the analog domain and release it on vinyl with a 100% analog lineage + DSD for digital...

• Gus×Wino likes this

#9 Chips

Chips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 09:12 PM

I wish we could start a petition or somehow bring this to the attention of the label. Come to think of it, I may actually do this...

Oh God! Please, do it and I will support with body and soul! And I'm sure everyone here will also sing up to have some new live footage of Amy. Joe's Pub, Coachella, Brazilian tour, anything! Really, is there any chance that a petition would work? If not, what could possibly help us? 

• stimuland likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users