6 replies to this topic

#1 AMB87

AMB87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 05:05 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a writer and historian in London who has been a huge Amy Winehouse ever since Frank was released in 2003 (it's my favourite album!)

At the moment, I'm writing a new article about Amy Winehouse 'pilgrims'.

I'm really interested in talking to any fans who have visited her grave in London - especially if they travelled a long way to get here.

To a lesser extent, I'm also interested in finding anyone who has visited the Amy sights in Camden.

If you have made an Amy 'pilgrimage' and would be up for having a chat over email, please let me know - I'd be so grateful!

Thanks so much,

Anna 

• melnyk likes this

#2 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:50 PM

I went to visit her home and her local hangouts in Camden. I haven’t been to the grave though. Who’s the article for?

#3 pattieboyd2

pattieboyd2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 15 April 2021 - 09:47 AM

I've also visited her various Camden homes and favourite pubs, her statue at the markets, but haven't been out to the cemetery.  I travelled to London from Sydney though to be honest it wasn't just on an Amy pilgrimage.  Pre-Covid I was travelling there every 2 years because I love it!

• melnyk likes this

I'm not gonna meet your mother anytime

#4 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 10:23 AM

Hi Anna . You should definitely check Michael @ amywinehousefanatic in Instagram. He is a huge fan and lives in London, he visited all remarkable Amy places.

#5 AMB87

AMB87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 11:51 AM

Thanks so much for these replies so far! I'm not yet sure where this article will be published, but will let you know as soon as I can say.

I will definitely follow Michael on Instagram - thanks for the tip!

#6 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 05:02 PM

I'm from Brazil and visited London back in 2016 and 2019 especially to check out on Amy's sights. In addition to the grave and Camden sights, I also went to the AWF office for lunch with Mitch and visited her mum Janis at her place. Unforgettable experiences.

You can find me on Instagram as @giovanipozzo, if you wish
  • Gus×Wino likes this

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#7 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 06:47 PM

I'm from Brazil and visited London back in 2016 and 2019 especially to check out on Amy's sights. In addition to the grave and Camden sights, I also went to the AWF office for lunch with Mitch and visited her mum Janis at her place. Unforgettable experiences.

You can find me on Instagram as @giovanipozzo, if you wish

I remember you used to upload a lot of interesting and rare videos. I hope you can do that again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users