Photo
- - - - -

Amy Winehouse 'was barely conscious after five days' solid drinking but they picked her off the sofa and put her in a car to go on tour':

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 May 2021 - 10:31 PM

An extract from Tyler James book. Going to be a tough read but I really hope there are happy stories and unseen pics shared too.
https://www.dailymai...-questions.html
  • xxGodisLovexx likes this

#2 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 11:21 PM

I read the full article and for the first time I realized how really awful was the situation of Amy. Basically I knew it but it’s like you are seeing it on video, a proof. So sad
After reading all these, I really cannot understand how she made it to the Brazil gigs

#3 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 12:42 AM

Why did the management team allowed Amy perform in that condition? I mean, she was unconscious EVEN before the gig. Why did they let Amy sing during approximately one hour in that condition? I simply cannot understand!She could have died in front of thousands of cameras! Do they have feelings of any sort?
I think these people need to be frank and talk about this. I remember I was very angry at them when Amy died. And I will insist on this: Raye Cosbert and many others; we DO deserve an explanation!!

#4 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 08:03 AM

Raye, Blake, Mitch... They care only about money

#5 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 May 2021 - 11:24 AM

I read the full article and for the first time I realized how really awful was the situation of Amy. Basically I knew it but it’s like you are seeing it on video, a proof. So sad
After reading all these, I really cannot understand how she made it to the Brazil gigs

The article hit me harder than I thought it would. I knew it was bad too but Tyler just hits some hard truths of how bad it was. It’s disgraceful that her family and management didn’t let her have a complete rest. Tyler’s account backs up the documentary. I disagree with him, however, that her voice wasn’t damaged by heroin/crack it clearly was. You don’t take all those drugs, drink and suffer bulimia and not see a change. She knew it too imo. I always thought her changed voice was the reason she was so insecure during that session (Tony Bennett) as there was nowhere to hide.
  • HelloSailor likes this

#6 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 11:28 AM

I don’t know how important it was at that point but I generally agree with Tyler that her voice hadn’t deteriorated at all

#7 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 05:46 PM

Giving tranquilizers and chemicals to a 14 year-old? What kind of parents were they?Seriously?

#8 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 06:54 PM

My thourough point of view, respecting Amy, her parents, friends, etc.

As for her parents, I really hope they did their best. Before her death, I don't want to criticize, especially Janis, because I don't know the situation personally. For Mitch, I just want to stay to the fact that he said she didn't need to go to rehab in 2005-2006. A pivotal mistake.

I have to state that after her death, the Amy's foundation is a REALLY good way to do their best for Amy.
Now, let's go to our beloved girl, and examine-comment all the facts that are given to us throughout the years.
I think the solution for Amy would be to be put by her parents under serious psychological help by a psychologist or a psychiatrist by the age of 12 maybe. Amy should have something like a third parent, a psychotherapist , immediately after she started smoking weed. Amy should learn not to be "Daddy's girl", because she craved for the attention of Mitch, she had the immaturity to just do whatever he said, be it wrong or right, even at her 20s ("And if my daddy thinks I'm fine")

I love her VERY much, I am one of her biggest fans. We can admire her for her talent, for her good soul, but we should never idolize her drinking, smoking, drugs, choosing the wrongest people to be with, being dependent by the approval of others etc. At this point you are gonna say that she didn't need the approval of anyone. Really? She would do everything for people to be by her side.
What is more, she should take her mental health more seriously, she had all the world's money, she could pay a psychotherapist on her own, if her parents didn't do it for her when it was the time they should. Have you read that Amy didn't want to go for psychotherapy because she thought it would lower her musical creativity?? I again say I love Amy, but she was one of the most immature people I ever heard about. She never realized how dangerous life she was living.

You see me speaking that way about our beloved Amy. But don't you think that it is about time that we should stop commenting the atittude of everyone around her, and realize that she was an adult who really did everything she could, especially in 2007 and 2008 to put her life in threat? Let's spot a very important issue: it doesn's change the fact that people around her made mistakes, but every person has to take most responsibility he can for his life. Amy should take such responsibility.
She wrote songs about weed and alcohol. We really listen to Rehab? I really do not want to listen to Rehab, and I actually don't listen to it. How to admire alcoholism in denial?
Here: ( ) at 2:03 she is in 2007 and still denies being alcoholic, and even in 2006 she had performances where she was totally drunk.

Summing up, if I was Amy, I wouldn't sign to do the comeback tour. If I was Amy, I would do psychotherapy. If I was Janis, I would seek professional help for my kid, from when Amy was a kid. If I was Mitch, I would try to use my heavy influence on Amy to stop doing the comeback tour. And I would probably say that she needs rehab from the beggining.
Who were perfect? Juliette Ashby, Tyler James, Kelly Osbourne to name a few
At this point, we lost her. I just want to express my real sadness. What I do? I donated once to the foundation, I try not to share paparazzi footage of Amy, except for some good moments, and I really wish no one takes her as a role model for her self- destructive behaviour. When I was a kid, I used to say to my parents that I will send her a letter to cut off drugs. You know what? With the Amy WInehouse Forum I could do it, but never tried. Sad :)

These are my naive thoughts, I really wish the best for everyone who lived with her. I love you all in this forum, and please, do not ever idolize her bad side :)
  • catpuss and Avaflies like this

#9 xxGodisLovexx

xxGodisLovexx

Psalm 46:10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 12:19 AM

Reading what her friend wrote about her , wow.
It really hit my heart again . I do hope we get more answers then questions about her last days . I often get frustrated I know it’s been 10 years but man I sure do miss her . This is going to be a tough read . Like @sarahmeraid mentioned .

John 17:25-26 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

#10 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 10:45 AM

Its going to be a pretty sad book to read. She obviously struggled with her mental health her entire life, and I think in some ways she knew she wouldnt live long. She never found a way to deal with her manic depression and abstain from alcohol. I think without the spotlight she would have been fine.

• Avaflies and JadedHearts like this
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#11 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 May 2021 - 01:44 PM

Just read the latest instalment released and I’m getting more disappointed in Tyler than before. A lot of information we don’t need to know and not adding anything to her legacy.
  • MingusMonk&Amy likes this

#12 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 May 2021 - 04:00 PM

Just read the latest instalment released and I’m getting more disappointed in Tyler than before. A lot of information we don’t need to know and not adding anything to her legacy.

I've only read the headlines but yes, this is the complete opposite of what I was hoping for, almost sensationalism. I want read about lovely childhood memories. I want to read about her music. Details about her pre-Frank recordings and early gigs. Songwriting. School. I don't know why I'm so interested in her early years but I'd like a whole book solely about her childhood. A want a book where drugs and alcohol are not mentioned. A book for the music geek. A book for true Amy fans who doesn't need nor want the juicy stuff.

• SarahMermaid likes this

#13 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 May 2021 - 09:38 PM

I've only read the headlines but yes, this is the complete opposite of what I was hoping for, almost sensationalism. I want read about lovely childhood memories. I want to read about her music. Details about her pre-Frank recordings and early gigs. Songwriting. School. I don't know why I'm so interested in her early years but I'd like a whole book solely about her childhood. A want a book where drugs and alcohol are not mentioned. A book for the music geek. A book for true Amy fans who doesn't need nor want the juicy stuff.

Agree 100%
  • MingusMonk&Amy likes this

#14 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 03:31 PM

To be honest I disagree. Not because Amy’s legacy is less important, but because I want to know the real Amy. Of course I respect your point of view :)
  • MingusMonk&Amy and JadedHearts like this

#15 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 May 2021 - 06:15 PM

To be honest I disagree. Not because Amy’s legacy is less important, but because I want to know the real Amy. Of course I respect your point of view :)

Yes of course, I get what you're saying. It's just that people in general focuses on the problematic aspects of her life. Everytime a new article pops up it's almost always filled with dread and darkness. Both sides are important but the focus should be on positivity. Surely the happy and healthy periods of her life are just as important to learn about. If the goal is to reach a wide demographic and sell large quantities you have to include to dark and juicy stuff. Amy was first and foremost a musician, not an addict, yet there's no books which focuses on this aspect, which is very bizarre. I can't imagine that someone like Salaam or Sam Beste would write about her like this. People need to learn about the happy moments too. We already know so much about her destructive side. We need a book full of music and positivity!

• Gus×Wino likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users