Photo
- - - - -

Amy Winehouse 'was barely conscious after five days' solid drinking but they picked her off the sofa and put her in a car to go on tour':

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 11:52 PM

Why I really believe such confessions as Tyler’s book are a totally important perspective:
I myself get what you re saying, but from what I understand,, the period we learnt about Amy ( mid-2007 to 2011), she was mostly intoxicated with something (drugs or alcohol), and just some moments of the week she would perform, and many of these moments she was also intoxicated. She spent most, if not the whole day ill and out of her mind, and we saw this iconic looks and voice and really forgot about that. Can you imagine today another A-list artist being in that situation? We really denied the situation because we love her.
I mean, Britney shaved her head once and to this day we talk about this. At the same time, Amy would do much more reckless things everyday, and we took it as “normal”. It is understandable, because her talent was out of this world, but the bigger picture includes all of her situation.
I really love Amy very much, and I feel even guilty when I share a moment where she is drunk. But it took me 10 years to realize how bad the situation was. Considering how important she is in my life, I just want to know what her situation was all about, and till this day, all I knew was Belgrade, Birmingham, the confession of Janis about her last days, and the song Rehab. Even the big documentary was not as depicting of how the situation was.
Can you imagine, knowing a person like Amy, wanting to be in such destructive relationship having everyone around her trying to keep her sober, screaming out of herself when in panic, and being onstage for an hour once in a while? It was crazy.
You saw a person choosing death and you were not able to help, especially as a friend. Remember Kelly Osbourne when asked how she helped? (“You have no idea”, that’s what she said). All I wish for a similar Amy is to be saved.
I wish it was different, but her legacy really became comparable to her destruction, because she was a person, and she is a soul, and her health mattered more than “Back To Black”.
She wrote masterpieces,, but for you to understand, I don’t include in my archive songs and performances of Rehab and Addicted, because I don’t want to empower such a perspective of things. Maybe I’ll change my mind but for the last years this is not the case.
I myself share from my heart all the time to this forum, but I want to share truth, and not blindsight my fellow Amy fans. Of course I won’t share her bad videos, but her truth matters.
Considering all of the above, we are lucky to have such truths being spoken. We just have to respect Amy’s privacy.

As for the good moments, I am almost sure that the new documentary will be a celebration of her legacy and we will get to see a sober Amy, being in her best ❤️

#17 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:20 AM

I must say after the second installment i'm feeling pretty sad about reading this book. I wanted it to be filled with funny moments and quirks of amy who she was, not about her terrible addictions and frankly depressing last years of life. the portrayal of her by tyler is what the media wants but not the mega fans i dont think :(

• MingusMonk&Amy, LuckyHorse and Avaflies like this
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#18 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 07:51 AM

I think the reason why Tyler's book will be filled with sad horrific accounts of Amy's demons is because he is still trying to get over the trauma of her dying so young.

Had she lived longer, at least 20 years more, then yes, maybe the people close to her could've written a book about just the happy memories, her talent, her music, and glossed over the difficult times.

Of course Amy was more than her struggles, more than her addiction, but unfortunately, when you die that young, it does define you. She struggled so very publicly and was dying in front of our eyes. I think that's why people feel the need to discuss what went wrong. Because it's just so difficult to wrap our heads around it. How could we let this happen ? What does it say about the music industry ? How wasshe  seen as a product and not a human ?

• Avaflies likes this

#19 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 June 2021 - 10:29 AM

Yet no matter what they say, it will happen again. 27 club won’t end with Amy. Or any young age..

#20 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 07:45 AM

Whos read the book? its so tragic... ive known alot of people with alcohol problems and it makes me so sad that she couldnt see life was more than just getting high. I know she was a charitable person, i wish tyler talked more about that.. more about her favourite music, her favourite people rather than just her hectic alcoholism. I know that is what defined her, and what would have been 90% of her life, but id rather remember her for something else.. she was more than that. it was the evil that consumed her. 

• MingusMonk&Amy and Avaflies like this
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#21 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 01:17 PM

Tyler gave 2 video interview, which you can find here, at least partially :

https://www.google.g...james-died/amp/

#22 Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2021 - 03:00 PM

Who were perfect? Juliette Ashby

How was Juliette perfect? Her and Lauren both turned their back on Amy when she was struggling.

A book for true Amy fans who doesn't need nor want the juicy stuff.

I consider myself a true fan and am happy that Tyler has decided to share everything rather than glossing over her issues in an attempt to paint a more rosy picture of her life.

A lot of information we don’t need to know and not adding anything to her legacy.

I don't think it tarnishes her legacy at all, in fact I think it's the best book I've ever read about her.

I wanted it to be filled with funny moments and quirks of amy who she was, not about her terrible addictions and frankly depressing last years of life.

"Life is funny and sad, sometimes both at the same time." - Amy Winehouse

#23 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 03:07 PM

Especially Juliette and Lauren were amazing friends. They never took advantage of being Amy's best friends,and they were very cautious on how to handle Amy in this condition, and we should not judge them. They denied supproting the destructive behaviour of a friend who could EASILY flood them with money and recognition and all of this stuff, just to give her the message that they are not supporting her downfall. Lauren said exactly that if she wants help she is there, but she is not supporting this kind of behaviour. She gave her a clear message that she is not supporting her choosing self destruction. I REALLY don’t know what is best, standing by her when she is buying drugs or choosing tough love , I don’t know. One thing I know is that they acted purely from the heart, and for that we must respect them.

Look here:
at:

1:13:17

1:31:18

1:53:56
  • catpuss, MingusMonk&Amy and Gorejuice like this

#24 Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2021 - 03:47 PM

They denied supproting the destructive behaviour of a friend

Tyler didn't support her self-destructive behaviour either but he didn't cut her off like they did. They abandoned her when she was at her lowest and no attempt was made on their behalf to mend their friendship with her when their tough love approach proved unsuccessful. I was surprised Asif Kapadia chose to use their narrative considering they weren't part of Amy's life for years prior to her death.
  • Avaflies likes this

#25 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 June 2021 - 09:16 PM

Sirch - you sound like you have a chip on your shoulder about something…maybe it’s Mitch in disguise. Lol. ;-) In all seriousness, I agree her old mates abandoned her and then tried to come back into her life toward the end when they thought the madness was over..

#26 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 11:00 PM

Unless you have been in a situation like Juliette & Lauren . I have been ……it”s like when you are told by airline staff if you have children & the oxygen masks come you must put yours on first in order to be able to save the children. Juliette & Lauren they were self preserving they were saving themselves because they could not cope with Amy’s destructive behaviour , that did not mean they didn”t love her. These were young women who were dealing with very adult problems. please stop demonising people in Amy’s life she loved them all. Tyler stayed it nearly destroyed him I am sure he has never got over it. 

• weloveyouamy and Avaflies like this

#27 Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2021 - 07:12 AM

it”s like when you are told by airline staff if you have children & the oxygen masks come you must put yours on first in order to be able to save the children.

Sure but you're supposed to put their mask on afterwards, not leave them to their own devices.

please stop demonising people in Amy’s life

I'm not demonising anyone, I'm simply sharing my opinion. I've dealt with a similar situation myself and I can't imagine fully turning my back on someone that I love, no matter how self-destructive they might be.

#28 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 July 2021 - 10:12 PM

Sure but you're supposed to put their mask on afterwards, not leave them to their own devices.

but Amy was not a child……

I'm not demonising anyone, I'm simply sharing my opinion. I've dealt with a similar situation myself and I can't imagine fully turning my back on someone that I love, no matter how self-destructive they might be - especially not if they're like family to me.

not turning your back but putting a healthy distance there, not validating the addiction. Tyler was doing it in the end he had to to remain sane, I think it cost him dearly. Ultimately there was one person responsible that was Amy. Sure she would take it back if she could. 

#29 Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2021 - 07:43 PM

putting a healthy distance there, not validating the addiction.

I can understand distancing yourself for your own sanity but they basically told her that they didn't want anything to do with her till she had sorted herself out - if that's not turning your back on someone then I don't know what is.

#30 Gorejuice

Gorejuice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:16 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users