Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2021 - 09:01 PM

https://www.amazon.c...d/dp/1529042151

#2 Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2021 - 09:05 PM

I'm halfway through the book and highly recommend it.

#3 Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2021 - 09:56 PM

• weloveyouamy likes this

#4 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 June 2021 - 08:51 PM

Yeah I’m reading it right now.

****spoilers****

Tyler has definitely spun a few lies though. Saying he heard her write the back to black song and that he hated the chords for the chorus and got her to change it - I do not buy this. she wrote it with mark ronson in New York.

Saying she only wanted Mark to produce B2B because she fancied him - she didn’t know what he looked like til they met.

Saying her Grammys reaction was acting - that wasn’t acting c’mon she was so happy Tony Bennett said her name.

He claims to have known her since she was 12 yet he never once met her boyfriend Chris. So he wasn’t there all the time.

I’m sure Mitch will say something as he can never keep quiet. I do think Tyler is right in what he says about him.
  • celinafy3, perrytm3 and alinezg1 like this

#5 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 12:30 PM

They are already dissapointed
https://www.thesun.c...ler-james-book/
  • celinafy3 likes this

#6 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 06:17 PM

It's pretty normal to have different recollections of events, and Amy would not have shared similar things with her childhood friends, as her family, or as the showbiz "friends"...

I will get round to reading his book and read it with a pinch of salt, the same way I did Janis' and Mitc's stories. 

I've only watched that interview of Tyler on 'This Morning' and not yet read his book, but a lot of his "lies" might just be embellishments or bad recollections (I'm sure his memory is not great what with his own addiction). 

He says her first album was about Blake (it was actually her second, oops), and that he heard her as she composed those songs. What he might be referring to is only a fraction of those songs (for example Addicted predates her meeting Ronson), and maybe she wrote the lyrics and recorded some of them with Salaam and Mark, and when she was back in London, she may have been strumming them endlessly on her guitar. What he means is that he heard them before the album came out. And that is totally feasable. The rest is a bit of a stretch...

Maybe she did fancy Ronson once she met him...

I never liked watching her at the Grammys and her reaction when Tony says her name, I always felt it wasn't authentic, like she was "on"... she was freshly sober, after a very public downfall, and knew everyone was watching and analysing each one of her moves. She didn't seem very comfortable in that situation...and then told Juliette how bored she was. It did feel like she was acting a bit. 

When he says he's been living with her since he was 18, and we know they met at school, again... I think they may not have been constant friends. Maybe to him it feels like he was always in her life, even if it wasn't "every day"... He certainly is in many photos from the beginning of her fame with Frank all the way til the end...

At the end of the day there is no denying they were close. And he is dealing with his own trauma, and no one can take that away.

If I had to ask 5 different friends/family to describe me and what I'm going through in my adult years, not one of them would have the same point of view. Mitch and Janis will just have to accept that this is his versions of events, with his own interpretations. 

• LuckyHorse likes this

#7 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 05 July 2021 - 10:12 PM

I've downloaded the audiobook for free on amazon and am currently listening to it. So far, this seems like pretty genuine memories of the times they shared. Glad to be listening to it with Taylor's voice narrating. 

• marigold likes this

#8 9.14.83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 July 2021 - 03:28 AM

I've downloaded the audiobook for free on amazon and am currently listening to it. So far, this seems like pretty genuine memories of the times they shared. Glad to be listening to it with Taylor's voice narrating. 

HOW DID YOU GET IT FREE

#9 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 10:55 AM

HOW DID YOU GET IT FREE

Went to Amazon.co.uk and it was available on the Audible app. Your first order with Audible is free, so I downloaded it and then will quit as I do not wish to continue using that app.

#10 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 02:49 PM

OK, finished listening to over 9 hours of Tyler reading his book.

Nothing surprising to me, it all adds up, for the most part. And a lot of what he said about Amy's relationship to fame, to Mitch being in the spotlight, her attitude to alcoholism, her relationship with Reg, it all rings true. 

The ugly truth of her addiction and relapses is harrowing to listen to, but it's genuine. He definately knew her like no one else. 

• marigold likes this

#11 Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2021 - 07:02 PM

her relationship with Reg

The part about Reg Traviss confirmed my belief that Mitch exaggerated their relationship.

#12 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 08:01 PM

The part about Reg Traviss confirmed my belief that Mitch lied about them getting married and starting a family.

I think that's what some friends and family wanted for her, and as Tyler also mentioned, they probably thought "oh he's a nice chap who can bring her some stabiity, he's right up her alley".... but it seems she never found love again after Blake, and that's a fact.

I don't think it was so much lying but wishful thinking. For all we know maybe Amy even mentioned it, just to appease her family, get them off her back... and I think she wanted to be a mum so much, that she would've been willing to do it with anyone, even if they weren't a great match. I mean she even asked Tyler if he would do it. 

#13 Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2021 - 08:00 PM

I've just finished reading Tyler's book for the second time and though I know that there are three sides to every story, I personally think that his book is the best book written about Amy's life.

His story is drenched in grief but his love for her shines through on every page and his devotion to her was nothing short of admirable. Amy's family might not agree with Tyler's version of events but I'm grateful to him for sharing his beautiful and heartbreaking memories with us all.

• catpuss and HelloSailor like this

#14 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 10:01 PM

Knew Tyler was struggling with her loss I think he still is. I listened to the audio book, I think this the most honest account of Amy’s life . Thank you so much Tyler. 

#15 Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*

Guest_Guest_Sirhc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2021 - 07:05 PM

Tyler's book inspired me to make this video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users