Photo
- - - - -

Amy 10 Year Tributes - What's Coming Up over the following days (So far)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 04:25 AM

Amy 10 Year Tributes - What's coming up over the following days (So far)
In order by date ...

============================================================

BBC Radio 2 (Amy Winehouse - 10 Years On)
Saturday 17 July 21:00
57 Minutes

Legacy of a Lioness: Amy Winehouse: Episode 1

This year marks 10 years since the tragic passing of singer and artist, Amy Winehouse, one of the UK’s greatest music talents. Her story has been well told over the years, but now looking back, her legacy lives on. Amy led the way as a British female voice in reaching a worldwide audience. Although hugely talented in their own right, many of today's biggest artists recognise this contribution to their own careers, including multi award winning singer-songwriter Adele.

In the first episode of this two-part special we celebrate Amy’s life and legacy, taking a trip down memory lane playing songs from her two phenomenal albums, and we hear from UK female artists Jessie Ware, Ella Henderson and Alexandra Burke - sharing their favourite songs and memories of Amy and her music. They also discuss how she influenced them and helped open doors for them in their own careers, and look back on some of Amy's career highlights including her record breaking Grammy Awards win in 2008.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m000y1t4

BBC Radio 2  (Craig Charles House Party Mixtape)
Saturday 17 July 23:30
30 Minutes

The 'Amy Winehouse Remixed' Mixtape

It's The Craig Charles House Party Mixtape, ready to take you on a non-stop journey through seven decades of funk, soul, hip-hop, R n' B, rap, and anything and everything in between!

Craig's put together an Amy Remixed-tape to commemorate ten years since her passing, with The Reflex, The Rumble Strips, and Skeewiff all re-versioning Amy's classic songs.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m000xzv5

BBC Radio 6  (Chris Hawkins Radio Show)
Sunday 18 July 05:00
30 Minutes

Peter Doherty on Amy Winehouse

Peter Doherty joins Chris to remember his dear friend Amy Winehouse on the 10th anniversary of her death.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m000xyyw

==============================

Magic TV (UK) & 4Music (UK)
Sunday 18 July to Friday 23 July (Airs on 2 stations, various dates and times, see below)
1 Hour

Remembering Amy Winehouse

Join Eloise Carr in celebrating the glamour, edge and undeniable talent of Amy Winehouse in this deep dive into her greatest hits. Valerie, Rehab & Back To Black all feature

Magic (UK) Sunday 18 Jul 7:00pm-8:00pm (Sky:361 Virgin:340)
4Music (UK) Monday 19 Jul 11:00am-12:00pm (Freeview:30 Sky:139 Virgin:337 BT:29)
Magic (UK) Tuesday 20 Jul 11:00am-12:00pm (Sky:361 Virgin:340)
Magic (UK) Tuesday 20 Jul 5:00pm-6:00pm (Sky:361 Virgin:340)
Magic (UK) Thursday 22 Jul 8:00pm-9:00pm (Sky:361 Virgin:340)
4Music (UK) Friday 23 Jul 8:00am-9:00am (Freeview:30 Sky:13 9Virgin:337 BT:29)
Magic (UK) Friday 23 Jul 2:00pm-3:00pm (Sky:361 Virgin:340)
Magic (UK) Saturday 24 Jul 2:00pm-3:00pm (Sky:361 Virgin:340)  
Magic (UK) Sunday 25 Jul 8:00am-9:00am (Sky:361 Virgin:340)

BBC Radio 6 (Part of the 6 Music Artist Collection)
Tuesday 20 July 00:00
1 Hour

In Their Own Words: Amy Winehouse

Ten years on for her tragic death aged just 27, extracts of interviews Amy Winehouse gave to the BBC during her brief but remarkable career provide an insight into the music and life of the hugely talented but sadly troubled singer and songwriter.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m000xzwl

===================================================

BBC Radio 6 (Amy Winehouse - 10 Years On)
Tuesday 20 July 01:00
1 Hour

Amy Winehouse at the BBC

Jools Holland introduces a selection of Amy's BBC session performances, including her first appearance on Janice Long's Radio 2 show in September 2003. First broadcast in 2011.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/b0188f9m

===================================================

Tuesday 20 July 02:00
1 Hour

Amy Winehouse Live (in London and Leicester in 2004 and Austin in 2007)

Highlights of Amy Winehouse and her band performing at the Athens Ball in London in 2004, at Summer Sundae in Leicester in 2004, and at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas in 2007.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m000xzwq

==========================================

Tuesday 20 July 03:00
1 Hour

Amy Winehouse - Singer

Another chance to hear Guy Garvey focus on Amy Winehouse's music and voice, highlighting her inspirations and achievements in a programme first broadcast in 2012 and repeated as part of a 6 Music Artist Collection marking the 10th anniversary of her death aged just 27.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/b01l0gzj

==========================================

Tuesday 20 July 04:00
1 Hour

The Amy Winehouse Playlist

A playlist celebrating the music of Amy Winehouse and its roots and branches - including those who influenced her and those she's inspired.

Part of a 6 Music Artist Collection marking the 10th anniversary of Amy's tragic death aged just 27.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m000xzwt

================================================

BBC Radio 1 (The Radio 1 Interview Podcast)
Fri 23 Jul 02:00
15 Minutes

Radio 1 Celebrates Amy Winehouse

To mark 10 years since her passing, Nick Grimshaw delves into the BBC Archives and picks his Top 10 live Amy Winehouse performances from over the years.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m000wst8

================================================

BBC Two (Amy Winehouse Documentary)
Fri 23 Jul 21:00
59 Minutes

Reclaiming Amy

To mark the ten year anniversary of the death of Amy Winehouse, her closest family and friends, who were with her throughout her life, reveal the truth about the music icon and the impact that her loss has had on them. Amy’s mother Janis, who has never spoken in depth before, wants to reclaim the legacy of her daughter, celebrating Amy as the complex, strong and incredible woman she was and giving a different version of events from the story of the singer so often told.

With access to never-before-seen family archives and rare musical performances, this highly personal and powerful account of the life and death of one of Britain’s best-loved musicians offers a new interpretation of her life, her loves and her legacy.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m000y2xd

Saturday 24 July 18:00
3 Hours

Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show celebration of Amy Winehouse

Ten years after her passing, we celebrate the life and music of Amy Winehouse. Craig’s guest is Juliette Ashby, who was Amy’s lifelong friend and together they formed the short-lived rap group called Sweet ‘n’ Sour. Juliette was also instrumental in the Oscar winning documentary, AMY. Craig’s a huge fan of Juliette’s music, which has made its way onto the Billboard chart.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m000y6cj

BBC Radio 2 (Amy Winehouse - 10 Years On)
Saturday 24 July 21:00
57 Minutes

Legacy of a Lioness: Amy Winehouse: Episode 2

This year marks 10 years since the tragic passing of singer and artist, Amy Winehouse, one of the UK’s greatest music talents. Her story has been well told over the years, but now looking back, her legacy lives on. Amy led the way as a British female voice in reaching a worldwide audience. Although hugely talented in their own right, many of today's biggest artists recognise this contribution to their own careers, including multi award winning singer-songwriter Adele.

In the second episode of this two-part special we’ll continue to celebrate Amy’s life and legacy taking a trip down memory lane playing songs from Amy's short but explosive career, and we’ll hear from UK female artists Emeli Sande and Mabel - discussing their favourite songs and memories of Amy, and sharing their thoughts on some of the things that made her so unique from her distinctive ton to her iconic style.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m000y59c

BBC Radio 2 (Jo Whiley Show)
Sunday 25 July 19:00
1 Hour & 55 Minutes

Amy Winehouse At The BBC

Jo Whiley looks back at the life and all too brief career of Amy Winehouse through her BBC interviews and performances. Including her unforgettable 2004 Glastonbury debut, her Back To Black era BBC One Session from 2007 and her very first BBC session for Radio 2's Janice Long in September of 2003. Also featuring Amy's guest performances with Jools Holland's Rhythm and Blues Orchestra and the BBC Big Band.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m000y875

MTV (Documentary)
Monday 26 July (See channels & times below)
1 Hour

Amy Winehouse & Me: Dionne’s Story

A decade after Amy Winehouse's death, this documentary sees her goddaughter, Dionne Bromfield, open up for the first time about the impact of Amy's death on her life.

MTV Music (UK) Mon 26 9:00pm-10:00pm (Sky:350 Virgin:310 BT:536)
MTV HD (UK) Mon 26 10:00pm-11:00pm (Sky:126 Virgin:183 BT:366)
MTV (Ireland) Mon 26 10:00pm-11:00pm
MTV (UK) Mon 26 10:00pm-11:00pm (Virgin:134 BT:351)

I'm really looking forward to hearing the one on the 20th with highlights of Amy at the 2004 Athens Olympic Ball!!

If you know of any other tributes, please post them here so we have a list all in one place, thanks!

• Gus×Wino, melnyk, Fierce and 1 other like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#2 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 15 July 2021 - 05:53 AM

OMG thank you Uno never realized there were so many tributes!! I was waiting so many years for The Olympic ball performance ❤️ glastonbury 2004 may have more performances, as little has been shown

#3 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 July 2021 - 05:21 AM

Thank you so much Uno!

#4 Uno

Uno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 05:35 AM

An update ...

BBC is actually airing the second part 'Legacy of a Lioness: Amy Winehouse: Episode 2' now even tho they have it posted as airing on the 24th ...

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m000y59c

Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#5 Uno

Uno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 06:36 AM

Another new listing ...

RTÉ 1 Radio (Arena Radio Show)
Thursday 22 July 7pm

Amy Winehouse: The singer's life and legacy recalled

Marking the 10th anniversary of Amy Winehouse's passing with a look back at an extraordinary career with DJ/broadcaster Kelly-Anne Byrne.

I'm not sure if they air live online, but they do have the option to listen to their latest episode available on the Arena Radio Show webpage

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radio1/arena/

• Fierce likes this

#6 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 03:16 PM

Thank you so much Uno.

One more documentary 'Amy Winehouse in Nederland'

Documentary Amy Winehouse in the Netherlands on NPO3

It has been ten years since Amy Winehouse passed away at the age of 27. In 2004 director Arjan Vlakveld was the only one in the Netherlands to interview her on screen. He's always kept the tapes, and most of this conversation has never been seen before. The NTR is now going to broadcast them.

Documentary Amy Winehouse in the Netherlands on NPO3In 'Amy Winehouse in the Netherlands', a reconstruction is made with the people who have met Winehouse, visited her concerts and on whom her music has left a deep impression.

The documentary includes: Candy Dulfer, Winfried Baijens, Wouter Hamel, Lakshmi, Art Rooijakkers, Savine and Eric Corton. The documentary 'Amy Winehouse in the Netherlands' can be seen on Friday 24 July at 10 p.m. NPO 3

http://radio.nl/8235...derland-op-npo3
  • Gus×Wino and Uno like this

#7 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 08:42 PM

OMG? What Happens? It rains documentaries. Thank you Amy for leaving such legacy behind <3

#8 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 July 2021 - 08:52 PM

Listening to BBC Radio 2 (Amy Winehouse - 10 Years On) now.

Edit: Alexandra Burke…so annoying lol.

#9 Uno

Uno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 05:26 AM

This is a new one, a podcast with Dionne ...

StoryCast '21: 'Amy Winehouse the singer was not the Amy I knew'

Online now (Link below)
21.09 Minutes

Amy Winehouse's goddaughter Dionne Bromfield has offered a fascinating insight into the late singer as part of a new Sky News podcast.

Friday 23 July marks 10 years since Winehouse was found dead from alcohol poisoning in her home in Camden, north London. She was just 27 years old.

The five-time Grammy award-winning star made her last public appearance just three days before her death in 2011, when she took to the stage in support of her then 15-year-old goddaughter, who was debuting at Camden's Roundhouse.

Bromfield, now an established singer herself, has never spoken in-depth about her close relationship with the music icon. However, the 25-year-old has given a fresh and telling perspective in "Onstage with Amy Winehouse" - a podcast she agreed to record to mark the tenth anniversary of the singer's death.

"I didn't associate Amy Winehouse the singer with Amy," she says. "I never saw Amy as a star."

Onstage with Amy Winehouse is the tenth episode of StoryCast '21, a Sky News podcast series telling 21 stories from the year 2000 to 2001.

https://news.sky.com...i-knew-12357163

#10 Uno

Uno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 10:37 PM

Another new one ...

Front Row (BBC Radio 4)
Available online now (Link below)
28 Minutes

Debbie Harry on a new Blondie album, 'Reclaiming Amy', Reassessing Amy Winehouse's musical legacy

Chart-topping New York post-punk group Blondie have more than 40 years of chart success under their belts and in 2019 they decided to travel to play some concerts in Havana Cuba. We speak with singer Debbie Harry about the warmth of the reception they received,  about integrating local styles and musicians in their set and much more. A new EP is about to be released which shows the fruits of their labour.

This Friday marks 10 years since Amy Winehouse died. In a new film 'Reclaiming Amy' to be shown on BBC Two, director Marina Parker spoke to her friends and her mum Janis to get their side of her story, and how Amy's life and death affected them. She explains to John about working with them and showing the world a different side of the singer.

Natalie Williams and Troy Miller both worked with Amy Winehouse. They delve into her musicianship and reassess her legacy as a singer, jazz musician and song writer.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/m000xz47

#11 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:00 AM

Radio 6 Music - Listen Live - BBC Sounds

Does anybody listen to this live? Is LIALG a new unheard version?

I feel for the first time like I am in the fan base and discuss about Amy as she is alive, thank you BBC for all these archives

#12 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 01:27 AM

I feel for the first time like I am in the fan base and discuss about Amy as she is alive, thank you BBC for all these archives

minute?

#13 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 01:42 AM

Amy Winehouse - 10 Years On - In Their Own Words: Amy Winehouse - BBC Sounds

6:53

#14 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 01:58 AM

Nothing inedit...just the same songs. Not even "I Love You More..." :(

#15 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 09:24 AM

I was waiting so much for the Athens ball. When it played I thought it was suer sundae. They didn’t even play fuck me pumps which has the funny intro “have i got a little time to pee , im busting”
And then they played the whole time Summe Sundae. Sad. I hope that they hold space for the documentary tonshow us footage from the Athens ball and hopefully a rare performance, because there is not a setlist and we don’t know what she sang

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users