3 replies to this topic

#1 Chips

Chips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 07:43 PM

Hey, guys!

I've done some research on where Amy lived and I started to think that Jeffrey's Place, where she lived till the beginning of 2008, is too simple for the greatness she achieved in her career in 2006/2007. I mean, it's hard to imagine her playing at the biggest festivals in the world (Glastonbury, Lollapalooza, Coachella) and coming back to that tiny and humble flat. Wasn't she supposed to live in a great house, such as the Camden Square one? 

Another matter I wanted to discuss with you is her state. I read her net worth about 5 million pounds when she died, but it also seems way below the expected for an international superstar as Amy. If Back to Black sold 16 million copies and she got paid 1 million pounds for her Moscow gig, I don't understand how her state could possibly be less than 20 M. 

I'd like to hear your opinion about these two topics, 'cause I love Amy and I wanna know as much as I can about her.  

• JadedHearts likes this

#2 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 10:15 PM

I never met her (unfortunately) but what I've read a lot and very often is that Amy used to be a humble person herself. From some sources, especially Tyler's Book we learn that Amy started to dislike "fame" and how people were treating her differently just because she was famous. She wasn't really impressed by being famous or living like a famous person should do, that's what we can also hear from Nas parts in Cherry Wine.

Even in her house in Barnet, where she was living in 2009 after returning from St. Lucia, she felt bored. I think she didnt care for those materialistic things. 

As for her assets, i am not sure how high her net worth was. According to the tabloids she liked to spend lots of money and also supported/helped her friends financially, so i wouldn't be surprised if her net worth was shrinking. Also as far as i know artists don't get 100 percent of the income by album sales (that's why most of them get their income from touring). So i can imagine that also her record label and management would get some shares. 

• melnyk, Mousy and JadedHearts like this
Amy flies in paradise

#3 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 04:30 PM

Well she did have a lot of outgoing costs, while not working : months spent in a  resort in St Lucia, security team 24/7, rehabs and hospital stays, etc...

In regards to the size of her flat, Amy was never a celebrity (she didn't embrace fame). She was always a normal girl. She hung out in pubs, never in VIP clubs or whatever. Sha dated normal people, never other celebrities. Her friends weren't even famous. She used to eat normal food at normal restaurants/diners. She was not fancy at all. All of the pubs/restaurants she got snapped at were completely affordable, places where you and I can go to. 

• Fierce likes this

#4 Chips

Chips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, guess you're right. By the way, do you know if she really lived in the Kensington Hotel for a few months in 2007?

And I remember reading that Amy would be paid 250,000 pounds (or dollars, idk) for each gig during her 2006-2007 performances, what do you guys think? Is it true? As far as I remember, the guy who said that is a manager or something who knows music industry very well, and he also said Amy was one of the few who could come close to BeyoncĂ© or Lady Gaga when it comes to billing per night. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users