Photo
- - - - -

Amy Winehouse's father Mitch reveals the late singer ignored Adele when they crossed paths

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 celah

celah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2022 - 10:01 AM

https://www.google.c...ssed-paths.html

#2 LuckyHorse

LuckyHorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 March 2022 - 05:48 PM

What's the point of revealing this?
  • Uno and celah like this

#3 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 05 March 2022 - 09:33 PM

Having been a fan since 2006, this definitely sounds like something that could be real. Anyway, I am pretty sure they both met at Brits 2008 and Amy must have greeted her for sure!

However, I agree with LuckyHorse in that this is unnecesary, specially bearing in mind that by the time Adele rose to popularity in 2008, Amy was at her weakest health condition. This being so, coming from Mitch himself, it doesn't surprise me at all! Maybe it's time to release new demos/songs and stop making a fool out of her!

• LuckyHorse, Mousy and celah like this

#4 blacktoypoodle

blacktoypoodle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2022 - 05:50 AM

This isn't true. Amy and Adele were friends and hung out/partied together. That is from Tyler James' book. I trust Tyler way more than I trust Mitch.

#5 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 March 2022 - 07:45 PM

I’ve read Tyler’s book. I do not recall him saying they partied together. She did attend her 26th birthday (through mark ronson and Amy missed it ofc). She also said that Amy liked her cover of make you feel my love, that could have been info passed from mark ronson. In the end though, who cares?
  • LuckyHorse likes this

#6 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 06 March 2022 - 11:01 PM

I don't want to judge people, but nothing surprises me from Mitch anymore. I wish him the best though.

• LuckyHorse likes this

#7 blacktoypoodle

blacktoypoodle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 March 2022 - 08:55 PM

I’ve read Tyler’s book. I do not recall him saying they partied together. She did attend her 26th birthday (through mark ronson and Amy missed it ofc). She also said that Amy liked her cover of make you feel my love, that could have been info passed from mark ronson. In the end though, who cares?

I re-read sections of the book often and just passed this section today.

Pg 139: "Friends came round to Omega Works. We saw Grimmy a lot, Adele sometimes - she was a massive fan of Amy and they met through work. Amy didn't like an awful lot of new artists but she thought Adele was the nuts; she could sing and her character was right up Amy's street. We had a few good parties around then, everyone there just jamming, singing, playing guitar, having a drink. Adele with her can of cider."

I don't remember reading a section about Amy's 26th birthday, but Tyler does say that Adele was at Ronson's birthday party (pg. 200). He describes her as "so young and so wise already". There was clearly no animosity between Adele and Amy, or any of Amy's friends.

• Fierce likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users