Mousy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Locationnorth

Posted 02 June 2022 - 08:37 AM

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has bought the new vinyl and listened to it? I want to know more about the sound quality and length of the tracks. Maybe even a vinyl rip would be highly appreciated. 

Thank you so much for reading.

//Mousy

• GalenBam, larahd4, luciaii4 and 13 others like this

#2 converliz

converliz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 03 June 2022 - 09:09 PM

i just got the shipping notification for my order; while I do not have the ability to rip vinyls, once I have my hands on the vinyl and listen to it I would be happy to report back!! I am in the US though so it may be like 2 weeks before I receive it!!

• GalenBam, larahd4, KeganMi and 11 others like this

#3 Mousy

Mousy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Locationnorth

Posted 23 June 2022 - 08:00 AM

i just got the shipping notification for my order; while I do not have the ability to rip vinyls, once I have my hands on the vinyl and listen to it I would be happy to report back!! I am in the US though so it may be like 2 weeks before I receive it!!

Did you get the vinyl?

• GalenBam, larahd4, KeganMi and 6 others like this

#4 converliz

converliz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 25 June 2022 - 03:10 PM

I got the vinyl! Currently listening to it right now!

Some thoughts so far:

• Live performances can be tricky to put on vinyl, as you're at the mercy of how the performance was mixed. I did feel that the first few songs had lower vocals, but this was only for the first few songs. After that the vocal level evened out. That being said, this vinyl only has a few songs on each side so that's how you know the sound quality is good
  • For a vinyl that was promoted pretty hard and for such an iconic performance, I was hoping for a bit more in terms of the vinyl sleeves. I 100% think that it is worth the money though. The pictures on the sleeves are wonderful quality, and I am appreciative of that. I was just hoping for a little more. But it's better than some other vinyl's I've preordered that didnt even have a jacket (not any Amy vinyls, different artist)
  • There are little snippets of her introducing the song right before she plays and what the song was about. It has been a bit since I watched the youtube performance, but does any recall if she spoke more during this performance outside of her introducing the songs and asking how everyone is doing?
  • Overall, a good addition to any Amy Winehouse fan's collection

• LuckyHorse, GalenBam, larahd4 and 3 others like this

#5 Mousy

Mousy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Locationnorth

Posted 26 June 2022 - 10:20 AM

I got the vinyl! Currently listening to it right now!

Some thoughts so far:

• Live performances can be tricky to put on vinyl, as you're at the mercy of how the performance was mixed. I did feel that the first few songs had lower vocals, but this was only for the first few songs. After that the vocal level evened out. That being said, this vinyl only has a few songs on each side so that's how you know the sound quality is good
  • For a vinyl that was promoted pretty hard and for such an iconic performance, I was hoping for a bit more in terms of the vinyl sleeves. I 100% think that it is worth the money though. The pictures on the sleeves are wonderful quality, and I am appreciative of that. I was just hoping for a little more. But it's better than some other vinyl's I've preordered that didnt even have a jacket (not any Amy vinyls, different artist)
  • There are little snippets of her introducing the song right before she plays and what the song was about. It has been a bit since I watched the youtube performance, but does any recall if she spoke more during this performance outside of her introducing the songs and asking how everyone is doing?
  • Overall, a good addition to any Amy Winehouse fan's collection

Thank you so much for this information. Yeah you are right about the quality. Is there any information who mixed and mastered it. I think they used the official multi tracks for this release. I would love to fund a vinyl transfer!. If you are ok with it let me know. We just need a audio cable and a laptop with audacity. Then all the post i can do. I'll upload it here.

• GalenBam, larahd4, KeganMi and 2 others like this

#6 converliz

converliz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 27 June 2022 - 08:29 PM

Thank you so much for this information. Yeah you are right about the quality. Is there any information who mixed and mastered it. I think they used the official multi tracks for this release. I would love to fund a vinyl transfer!. If you are ok with it let me know. We just need a audio cable and a laptop with audacity. Then all the post i can do. I'll upload it here.

You're very welcome! Love talking about this type of stuff <3 

I looked it up and saw that the Glastonbury vinyl was mastered by Miles Showell at Abby Road Studio. That being said, he did a great job on a live performance translation to vinyl. I have a pretty powerful desktop, just no cable to go from my record player to my computer. My partner is a part time musician; I can ask her if her or the people she works with have a spare, but that could take me a long long time to get it in my hands

• GalenBam, larahd4 and KeganMi like this

#7 Mousy

Mousy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Locationnorth

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:20 PM

You're very welcome! Love talking about this type of stuff <3 

I looked it up and saw that the Glastonbury vinyl was mastered by Miles Showell at Abby Road Studio. That being said, he did a great job on a live performance translation to vinyl. I have a pretty powerful desktop, just no cable to go from my record player to my computer. My partner is a part time musician; I can ask her if her or the people she works with have a spare, but that could take me a long long time to get it in my hands

I am happy you will the same way. <3

This really needs to be be preserved if it is as good as you say it is.He does a great job. Thank you for your help.

• GalenBam, larahd4, KeganMi and 1 other like this

#8 converliz

converliz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 28 June 2022 - 08:12 PM

I am happy you will the same way. <3

This really needs to be be preserved if it is as good as you say it is.He does a great job. Thank you for your help.

You're very welcome! So my partner let me know her and the folks she makes music with doesn't have a cable; if anyone is interested in funding just the cable, I would be happy to talk about it! Don't want to sound like I am asking for handouts though because I respect this forum and mods a lot. So if that is cool, let's talk about it!!! If i get the cable, i would be happy to rip and share <3 this community is awesome and I want to give back for all the wonderful Amy information/pics I have been able to find on here

• Fierce, GalenBam, larahd4 and 2 others like this

#9 Mousy

Mousy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Locationnorth

Posted 29 June 2022 - 12:08 AM

I would love to fund the cable for this as this is worthy of a preservation. <3 so happy about your drive!! You are right. This is a very safe and wonderful community.
  • GalenBam, larahd4 and KeganMi like this

#10 Mousy

Mousy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Locationnorth

Posted 29 June 2022 - 03:35 PM

You're very welcome! So my partner let me know her and the folks she makes music with doesn't have a cable; if anyone is interested in funding just the cable, I would be happy to talk about it! Don't want to sound like I am asking for handouts though because I respect this forum and mods a lot. So if that is cool, let's talk about it!!! If i get the cable, i would be happy to rip and share <3 this community is awesome and I want to give back for all the wonderful Amy information/pics I have been able to find on here

I would love to fund the cable for this as this is worthy of a preservation. <3 so happy about your drive!! You are right. This is a very safe and wonderful community.

#11 converliz

converliz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 29 June 2022 - 04:23 PM

Mousy thank you so much! I will research a cable and DM you from there :) <3 

#12 Mousy

Mousy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Locationnorth

Posted 29 June 2022 - 06:03 PM

Mousy thank you so much! I will research a cable and DM you from there :) <3 

Audacity is a great software but if you want to go quicker here is a app. http://www.channld.com/purevinyl/

• GalenBam, KeganMi and JadedHearts like this

#13 converliz

converliz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 11 July 2022 - 02:50 PM

Audacity is a great software but if you want to go quicker here is a app. http://www.channld.com/purevinyl/

Thanks Mousy! I just found a good priced cable on Amazon that I was able to pick up myself <3 Waiting for that to get here now!!

• GalenBam and KeganMi like this

#14 converliz

converliz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 18 July 2022 - 03:44 PM

I got the cable!!!! Gonna snoop around for a good program; see if my partner has anything she already bought :) 

• weloveyouamy, GalenBam, KeganMi and 1 other like this

#15 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 07:15 PM

I still can't get over the fact that instead of giving us a concert audio, they gave as Glastonbury as a vinyl, which exists as a video from 2007 on youtube. Who decides for all these? It's ridiculous. What are they doing exactly? They make fun of millions of fans? Anyways, I hope this vinyl to have at least a higher quality than the existing Full HD videos. Let's hope that there at least something new, a slightly better audio quality.

Of course, thank you @converliz for trying for the community <3

• Gus×Wino, GalenBam, KeganMi and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Amy, Vinyl, Glastonbury

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users