Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

11 years - let's turn this sadness into celebrating the amazing Amy :)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 07:48 PM

Hello dear friends,
Tomorrow marks the 11 years since we lost our dear Amy. I don't want us to be into the dramma. I want us to celebrate what Amy was beyond the addictions and the bad choices.
I have a gift for the community, for which I poured all my love for Amy and my fellow fans. It does justice to Maida Vale, and I hope you'll like it :)

https://mega.nz/file...SOaqbsgBFeZZvIQ

It is totally free for upload for whoever wants to upload it. But please follow Fierce's example, who actually gives mention to someone else's research when uploading stuff they share. I don't want mention for my research for egoistic reasons (I actually don’t care), I just don't want to see people disrespecting others work, and it happens usually. Of course the credits go to Amy and the people she has been with who captured all these amazing moments with her. Nothing belongs to any fan actually :)

Let me know if you like it :)
  • Gus×Wino, Uno, melnyk and 22 others like this

#2 lapiatanga

lapiatanga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 July 2022 - 12:26 PM

thanks!!!

• weloveyouamy, GalenBam, larahd4 and 10 others like this

#3 ewchino

ewchino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2022 - 01:37 PM

Hello dear friends,
Tomorrow marks the 11 years since we lost our dear Amy. I don't want us to be into the dramma. I want us to celebrate what Amy was beyond the addictions and the bad choices.
I have a gift for the community, for which I poured all my love for Amy and my fellow fans. It does justice to Maida Vale, and I hope you'll like it :)

https://mega.nz/file...SOaqbsgBFeZZvIQ

It is totally free for upload for whoever wants to upload it. But please follow Fierce's example, who actually gives mention to someone else's research when uploading stuff they share. I don't want mention for my research for egoistic reasons (I actually don’t care), I just don't want to see people disrespecting others work, and it happens usually. Of course the credits go to Amy and the people she has been with who captured all these amazing moments with her. Nothing belongs to any fan actually :)

Let me know if you like it :)

You clearly care or else you wouldn't mention it. But it's not your work and anyone can find it online if they want to, so why would we give credit to you? If anything, you should give credit to the correct source every single time you share someone else's work. Just my two cents.

• GalenBam, larahd4, KeganMi and 6 others like this

#4 dillinger

dillinger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationnew jahrsey

Posted 23 July 2022 - 04:27 PM

thank you so much luv

Amy has impacted me very much with her music <33
  • weloveyouamy, GalenBam, larahd4 and 4 others like this

#5 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 03:48 PM

You clearly care or else you wouldn't mention it. But it's not your work and anyone can find it online if they want to, so why would we give credit to you? If anything, you should give credit to the correct source every single time you share someone else's work. Just my two cents.

If you knew how I work with my research, I almost always give source for what I share. But you can believe whatever you wish :)
  • Gus×Wino, Fierce, MingusMonk&Amy and 4 others like this

#6 lapiatanga

lapiatanga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 07:23 PM

from what show is the version of "no good" in the video?

• GalenBam, larahd4 and KeganMi like this

#7 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 08:15 PM

Maida Vale, but I haven’t yet understood whether it’s late 2006 or early 2007. What I know is that the intro where is saying that she is backstage, it may be from another day than the day she performed No Good
That is based on the fact there are paparazzi pictures of Amy at Maida Vale on December 16th 2006, as well as references she performed Maida Vale in January 10th 2007

See here: https://www.imago-im...m/st/0076199453

https://www.pinteres...48705716675441/

https://youtu.be/n0zToXr0v0k

https://youtu.be/Y95Tzhybi-I

The backstage on youtube is listed as 2006, while the No Good performance is referred as 2007

Attached Files

• GalenBam, larahd4, lapiatanga and 2 others like this

#8 lapiatanga

lapiatanga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 10:48 PM

is there any audio full version of that gig? (sorry for my poor english)

• GalenBam, larahd4 and KeganMi like this

#9 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 25 July 2022 - 12:21 AM

Amy did this Maida Vale version of 'You Know I'm No Good' for Ras Kwame (BBC Radio 1) on December 20th 2006.

The red shirt/leather jacket photo is from when Amy did the Maida Vale session for Jonathan Ross (BBC Radio 2) on December 16th 2006.

January 10th 2007 is when Amy (in the pink sweatshirt jacket) did the Live Lounge Session for Jo Whiley. Since she had some of her band members to perform with her, the session was recorded at Maida Vale because the Live Lounge was too small to accommodate them.

As for the Maida Vale interview, one of the few things I still haven't been able to figure out the exact date. At the end of the interview the lady asked if Amy recorded her Jools Holland TV appearance yet, and Amy replied that she did. The Jools Holland show was filmed on October 15th (and aired on November 3rd 2006). So it at least had to have taken place sometime after October 15th.

• Gus×Wino, weloveyouamy, larahd4 and 2 others like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#10 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 25 July 2022 - 12:31 AM

Thank you Uno for the amazing information!!!
I’m shocked because I just saw on a youtube channel that she probably performed at Maida Vale in 2003 as well
https://youtu.be/lgNp7CQWaY4
  • larahd4 and KeganMi like this

#11 larose

larose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 09:12 PM

If you knew how I work with my research

I'm curious to know how you conduct your research other than using Google and archive websites. If you search the forum, you'll see that everything you post has been posted before, so it's nothing new to those of us who have been fans since she was alive, but good on you for sharing content with other newcomers.

• larahd4, KeganMi and cych0 like this

#12 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 01 August 2022 - 05:47 PM

I'm curious to know how you conduct your research other than using Google and archive websites. If you search the forum, you'll see that everything you post has been posted before, so it's nothing new to those of us who have been fans since she was alive, but good on you for sharing content with other newcomers.

Dear larose,

Thank you very much for your efforts in keeping this forum clean as a kitchen and quiet as a grave. Although, there's nothing criminal in posting the information published before.

At the same time, reproaching the other members for posting something that you consider unnecessary might be regarded as unwanted behaviour. So we would like to ask you to avoid that kindly.

Thank you.

• Gus×Wino, weloveyouamy, larahd4 and 2 others like this

V.Melnyk

#13 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 11:31 AM

I found an archive page for BBC 1 Ras Kwame Show with tracklisting

Amy Winehouse in Session at Maida Vale
Rehab
Tears
Losing Game
I'm No Good

Does it mean this Tears Dry version from the same day @Uno?

And Rehab and Losing Game haven't surfaced yet...

• larahd4 and KeganMi like this

#14 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 12:48 PM

I found an archive page for BBC 1 Ras Kwame Show with tracklisting

Amy Winehouse in Session at Maida Vale
Rehab
Tears
Losing Game
I'm No Good

Does it mean this Tears Dry version from the same day @Uno?

And Rehab and Losing Game haven't surfaced yet...

Yes, and I sure wish those last two would show up (fingers crossed)

• Gus×Wino, Fierce, larahd4 and 1 other like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#15 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 05 October 2022 - 01:22 AM

Rehab had been rebroadcasted here:
https://www.bbc.co.u...rammes/b00nkb26

Losing Game may had been rebroadcasted here:
https://www.bbc.co.u.../20070812.shtml

None of the 2 is available in the links