9 replies to this topic

#1 yourshadowcoversme914

yourshadowcoversme914

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 June 2024 - 05:59 PM

It’s such a beautiful song; it would’ve sounded amazing acoustic. Imagine if Amy had sung it at her Dingle gig.
  • ivycherrywine, amywinehouse.eus, CherryXOXO and 2 others like this

#2 TakeTheBox03

TakeTheBox03

You Look Fit Tho!

• Moderators
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Alabama

Posted 02 June 2024 - 06:01 PM

I’ve always preferred all live versions over the lht version. They just seem more freestyled 

• melnyk, ivycherrywine, amywinehouse.eus and 2 others like this

Please Come Back Amy!

#3 Carlo20

Carlo20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 June 2024 - 09:55 PM

I've been listening to the Lioness version more recently, it kind of makes me focus more on the lyrics; a live acoustic version would have definitely been breathtaking.
  • ivycherrywine, TakeTheBox03, yourshadowcoversme914 and 1 other like this

#4 whatisitaboutmen

whatisitaboutmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 June 2024 - 02:13 AM

unfortunately, the closest thing we have to it is the original version from lioness.

fun fact: i read somewhere that when she first recorded it (aka the original version), it didn't make the cut for the b2b album because her team said it sounded like death/too depressing so they made it a little bit more upbeat for the album lol. i feel that both renditions sound like mourning but the original recording is definitely more depressing.

• Amy Legend, ivycherrywine, TakeTheBox03 and 2 others like this

he can only hold her for so long, the lights are on but no one's home.

#5 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 02:05 AM

Another fun fact: Amy said in the middle of her Dingle perfomance that she wanted to make a longer set so maybe she had the intention of including whis song? who knows? Wake Up Alone is such an underrated but beautiful song! One of my favourites from B2B

• ivycherrywine and yourshadowcoversme914 like this

msg-20916-0-00493900-1715482174.png

I can see you ahead of me. But I'm not always forward-thinking

#6 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 02:06 AM

unfortunately, the closest thing we have to it is the original version from lioness.

fun fact: i read somewhere that when she first recorded it (aka the original version), it didn't make the cut for the b2b album because her team said it sounded like death/too depressing so they made it a little bit more upbeat for the album lol. i feel that both renditions sound like mourning but the original recording is definitely more depressing.

Was it easy to convince Amy of changing the track? lol anyways, I love the version of the album. More than the other one.

msg-20916-0-00493900-1715482174.png

I can see you ahead of me. But I'm not always forward-thinking

#7 whatisitaboutmen

whatisitaboutmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 June 2024 - 02:33 AM

Was it easy to convince Amy of changing the track? lol anyways, I love the version of the album. More than the other one.

i'm not entirely sure but since it happened & isn't mentioned much, i can assume it wasn't that big of a deal.

• TakeTheBox03 and yourshadowcoversme914 like this

he can only hold her for so long, the lights are on but no one's home.

#8 pinkismyfavoritecrayon

pinkismyfavoritecrayon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 June 2024 - 01:33 PM

The album is already depressing, smh. I hate how much record companies interfere with their artists, it's been becoming prominent since the late 70s to early 80s. If you're a music geek, you can see how less diverse pop music became in the 1980s compared to the 1970s and before.

Bohemian Rhapsody almost didn't see the light of day back in 1975 yet that song smashed records and it is still loved 45 years on. Bands as unorthodox as Pink Floyd still got popular. Jimi Hendrix, he was another species of guitarist who could have done so much more had he lived longer. The music industry does not care to take serious risks anymore instead they prefer formulated bullshit.

• Amy Legend, ivycherrywine, yourshadowcoversme914 and 1 other like this

U2ehir.png  Fart-smell-it.gif    ezgif-3-553b8bfa39.gif

I think I was put on this Earth to make people laugh. Would have loved to make Amy laugh at least once.  :( 

:amy_tongue: 

"If you don't throw yourself into something, you'll never know what you could have had." -AJW

#9 yourshadowcoversme914

yourshadowcoversme914

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 01:37 PM

The album is already depressing, smh. I hate how much record companies interfere with their artists, it's been becoming prominent since the late 70s to early 80s. If you're a music geek, you can see how less diverse pop music became in the 1980s compared to the 1970s and before.

Bohemian Rhapsody almost didn't see the light of day back in 1975 yet that song smashed records and it is still loved 45 years on. Bands as unorthodox as Pink Floyd still got popular. Jimi Hendrix, he was another species of guitarist who could have done so much more had he lived longer. The music industry does not care to take serious risks anymore instead they prefer formulated bullshit.

So true!

#10 pinkismyfavoritecrayon

pinkismyfavoritecrayon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 June 2024 - 01:40 PM

So true!

There's a video I saw, I cannot remember the title, but it was about a songwriter who wrote a TON of pop hits from the early 2000s and onward, and it explains why so much pop music at that time sounded the same. It was INSANE how rich this mf got. It is part of why Amy stuck out so much from everyone else who was at the top of the ladder.

U2ehir.png  Fart-smell-it.gif    ezgif-3-553b8bfa39.gif

I think I was put on this Earth to make people laugh. Would have loved to make Amy laugh at least once.  :( 

:amy_tongue: 

"If you don't throw yourself into something, you'll never know what you could have had." -AJW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users