• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 galadriel_21

galadriel_21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 04:01 PM

Does anybody else go through periods of grief and looking up anything to do with Amy? I can only think how weirded out she would be by the para-social elements of this but I feel so horrible in regards to her death. I feel like I am in mourning, just genuine distraught over her life and how things turned out.

• LuckyHorse, JadedHearts, ivycherrywine and 7 others like this

#2 TakeTheBox03

TakeTheBox03

You Look Fit Tho!

• Moderators
  • 960 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Alabama

Posted 12 June 2024 - 02:24 AM

YES LAST NIGHT I CRIED. I FELT SO SAD AND UPSET!!!

• LuckyHorse, yourshadowcoversme914, Carlo20 and 3 others like this

Please Come Back Amy!

#3 whatisitaboutmen

whatisitaboutmen

it’s a bit upsetting at the end, isn’t it?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 June 2024 - 04:04 AM

you described how i feel perfectly. i can watch her for countless hours and i call this the amy loophole & it never ends. this loophole pertains interviews, concerts, rares, books, etc. i've watched the movie amy about a million times now as no other documentary can come close to it imo. tyler's book is also a favorite of mine as her life is so fascinating to learn about. i often find myself trying to analyze & understand everything about her. like why did she do the things she did or her self-destruction, there's so many questions i have. she's experienced more in her short lifetime than most people twice her age. i could talk about her til your ears fall off from listening. she deserved so much more in this world.

& as strange as it sounds to grieve someone i've never met, we are definitely grieving. however, it is comforting to know i'm not alone in it.

• JadedHearts, ivycherrywine, TakeTheBox03 and 6 others like this

he can only hold her for so long, the lights are on but no one's home.

#4 pinkismyfavoritecrayon

pinkismyfavoritecrayon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 June 2024 - 04:07 AM

Same. Why am I grieving someone I've never talked to or met once in my life?? Sometimes it's like the same damn level of grief I felt after my mom died. Call me crazy.

• ivycherrywine, TakeTheBox03, yourshadowcoversme914 and 1 other like this

U2ehir.png  Fart-smell-it.gif    ezgif-3-553b8bfa39.gif

I think I was put on this Earth to make people laugh. Would have loved to make Amy laugh at least once.  :( 

:amy_tongue: 

"If you don't throw yourself into something, you'll never know what you could have had." -AJW

#5 newzealandamyfan

newzealandamyfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 June 2024 - 09:48 AM

I try not to get too depressed about stuff like this I just like to enjoy the music for what it is. But yeah was definitely something i thought about especially when i was younger. Mortality is a rough subject

• Fierce, yourshadowcoversme914, AmyWinehouse9and14 and 1 other like this

#6 Carlo20

Carlo20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 June 2024 - 11:20 AM

Most of the time Amy’s music is to me a great source of joy, but there are days when I can’t help but think of how much I miss her, those are the days when I find it more upsetting to listen to her songs. I often try to understand what could have gone differently in her life, but it’s really painful for me to look at her last months. As you said, it was a relief to find out that we all share this kind of feelings and that we all deal with the experience of missing someone we’ve never met.
  • Fierce, yourshadowcoversme914 and amy4everrrr like this

#7 yourshadowcoversme914

yourshadowcoversme914

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 June 2024 - 01:21 PM

Yes, absolutely. I feel the same way. I also grieve for her like she was someone I knew. And I get this strong feeling of longing for her, wishing with all my heart that she was still here.
  • Carlo20 likes this

#8 AmyWinehouse9and14

AmyWinehouse9and14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 June 2024 - 06:35 PM

​It's not our fault at all the way things turned out, she was a grown woman who made bad choices, and it resulted in her death. When she died, I said there's an old saying," Remember me with a smile on your face, or don't remember me at all." The way I see, it is we're fans we like her music and performances, but personally I also keep my feet on the ground. Of course, we can talk about the downsides and yes they were bad, but she chose to do drugs and drink herself to death and that was after she had death experiences, and she could have had the best care possible, but she decided to indulge and then carry on. We can't turn the clock back. We're nearly 13yrs on. I do admit, though, her music is powerful and there's been many times over the years when, old eyes have welled up. Of course, I wish she was still here for many reasons, but sadly, that's not so.

• Fierce, ivycherrywine, yourshadowcoversme914 and 2 others like this

#9 whatisitaboutmen

whatisitaboutmen

it’s a bit upsetting at the end, isn’t it?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 June 2024 - 07:07 PM

here's a video pinkismyfavoritecrayon sent me bcs she knows how interested i am in psychology when it comes to amy. hopefully you enjoy as well.

https://youtu.be/aOY...i02CuxrJ6b5lgrM

• yourshadowcoversme914 likes this

he can only hold her for so long, the lights are on but no one's home.

#10 loveAMYforever

loveAMYforever

And Now, The Final Frame

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 June 2024 - 02:54 PM

Unfortunately I feel the same way, I often read a book in the evening, but at some point I wander off and end up back at Amy. I often pick up books by or about Amy (Loving Amy, Tyler's book, In her words). The last book in particular showed me so much about her, she was so talented at writing. What helps me is engaging with her, for example creating a photo book about her. But then I don't see any videos, which would otherwise bring me down even more. Especially because there is so much crap about her circulating again right now. Amy is always close to me and that is hard to explain to others. Her music speaks to me and when I look into her eyes (2003-2004) I could see straight into her beautiful soul. It's like love at first sight. Unfortunately, I have lost friends in my life and my grief for them was no different than that of Amy. But we have the forum here where we can give us support. Since I also struggle with depression, I'm trying to accept her death. The love she gives me through her music is always there and I am eternally grateful for that. Love you all!

• ivycherrywine, TakeTheBox03, yourshadowcoversme914 and 2 others like this

#11 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 07:57 PM

I went through a depression about Amy, and now I'm our of it. SHit started happening to family members, which shifted my attention away from Amy. Addiction, illness, psychiatric hospitals. So it kinda put things into perspective and I needed to use my energy for my family, no longer Amy

#12 newzealandamyfan

newzealandamyfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 June 2024 - 01:25 PM

​It's not our fault at all the way things turned out, she was a grown woman who made bad choices, and it resulted in her death. When she died, I said there's an old saying," Remember me with a smile on your face, or don't remember me at all." The way I see, it is we're fans we like her music and performances, but personally I also keep my feet on the ground. Of course, we can talk about the downsides and yes they were bad, but she chose to do drugs and drink herself to death and that was after she had death experiences, and she could have had the best care possible, but she decided to indulge and then carry on. We can't turn the clock back. We're nearly 13yrs on. I do admit, though, her music is powerful and there's been many times over the years when, old eyes have welled up. Of course, I wish she was still here for many reasons, but sadly, that's not so.

Im with you on this. Im one of her mega fans that doesnt believe in blaming other people for everything that happened to her. We are all people with our own minds and drives and she made so many mistakes. Watching it play out in real time was actually really exhausting because it was obvious that her death was going to happen yet she continued to do the things she did. But i love her music.

• ivycherrywine, yourshadowcoversme914 and CherryXOXO like this

#13 CherryXOXO

CherryXOXO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 06:17 PM

It sucks. She's the only one that makes me feel genuinely terrible about how everything turned out in her life. It's the fact that she was barely getting started with her career and you could see her deterioration in real-time.

• Amy Legend, ivycherrywine, TakeTheBox03 and 2 others like this

#14 pinkismyfavoritecrayon

pinkismyfavoritecrayon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 June 2024 - 02:58 PM

I went through a depression about Amy, and now I'm our of it. SHit started happening to family members, which shifted my attention away from Amy. Addiction, illness, psychiatric hospitals. So it kinda put things into perspective and I needed to use my energy for my family, no longer Amy

My biological family hasn't meant much to me, the last person who did was my mother so I can't relate but understand too

• TakeTheBox03 likes this

I think I was put on this Earth to make people laugh. Would have loved to make Amy laugh at least once.  :( 

"If you don't throw yourself into something, you'll never know what you could have had." -AJW

#15 pinkismyfavoritecrayon

pinkismyfavoritecrayon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 June 2024 - 03:06 PM

Im with you on this. Im one of her mega fans that doesnt believe in blaming other people for everything that happened to her. We are all people with our own minds and drives and she made so many mistakes. Watching it play out in real time was actually really exhausting because it was obvious that her death was going to happen yet she continued to do the things she did. But i love her music.

Yeah it's definitely her at fault, too. But people around her enabled that behavior, too. Like they say, people's issues typically start at home, and for Amy it definitely started there. Her mum's lack of discipline, her father's absence and infidelity, seems the only person who was keeping her relatively sane was her brother Alex. That's how I see it, anyway. He must have went off to university when Amy was sixteen and that was when she claimed a dark cloud lingered over her. A positive force in her family was gone, then Cynthia was snatched from her by the grim reaper a few years later. She didn't seem genuinely close to the rest of her family, really. Just Alex and Cynthia.

Unfortunately her relationship with her brother isn't touched upon much, but it meant enough that she wrote a song about him. Looking at Janis's view on things, Alex and Amy may have fought as kids but they had an inseparable relationship that was fractured at the coming of age, a sad thing all siblings go though. Honestly few looked as broken at Amy's funeral than Alex Winehouse and Tyler James. Janis looked as if she had her heart ripped out. Mitch... I try not to talk about that wicked man too much or my mouth never stops.

• ivycherrywine, yourshadowcoversme914 and Carlo20 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users