6 replies to this topic

#1 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:53 PM

http://www.digitalsp...-by-father.html

Amy Winehouse's father has insisted that the singer doesn't have a problem with alcohol.

Mitch Winehouse admitted that his daughter's friends were worried about her after she took a tumble while drunk last year, but he refused to allow her to be checked into rehab.

"She had just split up with her boyfriend and had a lot to drink," Mitch told The Sun. "She fell over and bumped her head. Her friends phoned me and I went down to her flat. I said, 'You're coming home with me.'

"Her previous management company said she should go to rehab but she didn’t think she needed to, and I agreed. I told her I thought she looked okay. She was lovesick. You can’t go to rehab for that.

"I don’t think she is an alcoholic. If you’re an alcoholic you drink every day."

#2 MissGuitar85

MissGuitar85

I observe, I don't chase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:11 AM

Is her dad her manager?

#3 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:00 PM

No I don't think so.

#4 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:44 PM

http://www.digitalsp...-by-father.html

Amy Winehouse's father has insisted that the singer doesn't have a problem with alcohol.

Mitch Winehouse admitted that his daughter's friends were worried about her after she took a tumble while drunk last year, but he refused to allow her to be checked into rehab.

"She had just split up with her boyfriend and had a lot to drink," Mitch told The Sun. "She fell over and bumped her head. Her friends phoned me and I went down to her flat. I said, 'You're coming home with me.'

"Her previous management company said she should go to rehab but she didn’t think she needed to, and I agreed. I told her I thought she looked okay. She was lovesick. You can’t go to rehab for that.

"I don’t think she is an alcoholic. If you’re an alcoholic you drink every day."

You don't have to drink every day to be an alcoholic, you can be addicted to alcohol by binge drinking, meaning you cannot control your drinking and once you start you cannot stop until you pass out! Then you don't drink for a few days, so you think you are in control. I don't think she can control her drinking when she does start she drinks too much and cannot control it. That little voice in your head that says "thats it you are starting to make a fool of yourself stop now!" some people listen to it, but a lot of people don't really care and ignore it. I am always aware of when I am starting to lose control when drinking, and usually stop when I hear the little voice in my head telling me I am starting to talk a load of crap!!!:wha:

#5 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:48 PM

Sometimes I stop when I know I'm getting abit TOO drunk but other times I ignore it and carry on drinking because I want to and don't care how drunk I get.

#6 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:02 PM

I don't like that feeling of being out of control, it scares me and I feel insecure when that happens!

#7 Amylise

Amylise

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

thx !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users