10 replies to this topic

#1 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

http://blogs.sohh.co...inehouse_p.html

Are y'all ready for them Brits? Is it me or are we going through a mini British invasion. Joss Stone has a new project. Lily Allen is making noise already. Is Corinne Bailey Rae British as well?

Also up in the mix in a major way is Amy Winehouse.

Aiight real quick, the back story on Amy is.... her first album, Frank, was in 2003. It's got Salaam Remi all over it. Jazz type feeling.

Fast forward a few years and Amy has added Mark Ronson to the mix and some personal experience and came up with Back to Black.

The first single, "Rehab," is about her former management company wanting her to check into an alcoholic rehab treatment facility.

The second single is "You Know I'm No Good" featuring Ghostface Killah. Or at least that was the second single when the album was released in Europe back in October.

Back To Black is set to be released here in the states on March 13th, 2007.

?uestLove from The Roots says that THIS IS THE ALBUM LAURYN HILL WANTED TO MAKE.

Now I am not saying that. I do understand what he is saying in terms of Amy's 50's - 60's kinda sound. But it's like apples and oranges.

So as Amy readies for war here in the states you'll probably see ads popping up all over the place. In the coming issue of Vibe magazine this one will be running:

Posted Image

#2 MafiaGirl

MafiaGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:21 PM

I'm glad they put Salaam first - he is so underrated. Plus with him forst will be a better push in VIBE

#3 menxtina

menxtina

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:56 PM

I just hope she doesnt go all american on us (HINT HINT joss stone, now). hope it doesnt change her

#4 CKSI

CKSI

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:07 PM

I don't think Amy could get away from her British roots...her accent is part of her character :)

#5 Tommy

Tommy

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

I Hope she dosnt go all american

#6 Sutty

Sutty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:50 PM

Yeh i doubt she'll do a joss stone. Here's the track listing for the US version.   1. Rehab   2. You Know I'm No Good   3. Me & Mr. Jones   4. Just Friends   5. Back To Black   6. Love Is A Losing Game   7. Tears Dry On Their Own   8. Wake Up Alone   9. Some Unholy War   10. He Can Only Hold Her   11. You Know I'm No Good - (featuring Ghostface Killah) I'm gonna buy this version, so its good that its not exactly the same as the uk version.

#7 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:13 PM

It's exactly the same isn't it apart from the last track?

#8 YiGO

YiGO

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:11 PM

Cant wait!

#9 Sutty

Sutty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

Posted by Wino - Today 04:13 PM
It's exactly the same isn't it apart from the last track?

Yeh just Addicted has been replaced with the ghostface remix.

#10 citizenkeith

citizenkeith

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:41 PM

Hello! USA fan here. :wave: I just bought the USA edition of "Back to Black." Indeed, "Addicted " is not listed. But the CD only has 10 tracks. "You Know I'm No Good - (featuring Ghostface Killah) " is not listed either. I'm pretty pissed that Addicted is missing... looks like i'll buy the UK edition instead. Any news on a vinyl edition?

#11 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:38 PM

Hello citizenkeith. Please introduce yourself in Introductions. :) I wonder why there are only 10 tracks?? Are you sure You Know I'm No Good feat. Ghostface Killah isn't a hidden track or something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users