It's on BBC1 ;)

Just off to watch it now!

#4 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:35 AM

Was it good? What was it? A gig? Any clips on YouTube?

#5 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 02:46 PM

It was the Porchester Hall gig in Bayswater, I think it took place on Tuesday night. She was drinking at the same time as singing! Still brilliant voice, but she did look as though she was a little bit bored at times, and commented on how depressing it was to sing songs that she had wrote when her head was f****d up! (Take the Box, Unholy War, etc), but she was just being herself, speaking her mind as usual, I like her for that! I just hope she keeps it together, as I gather she cancelled her Thursday and Friday night gigs! When she is singing, there is no effort what so ever, it just comes out naturally brilliant! You know how some artists act when they are singing, well she doesn't, and is totally herself!

#6 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:54 PM

I like how effortless she makes it all look aswell. And I like how she always looks quite bored during her gigs. LOL. I'm guessing she isn't and it's just the way she performs.

#7 w1lko

w1lko

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:21 PM

hi. i thought lasts nights gig was brilliant. the best piece of live music ive seen on tv in years, by far. i wonder if the beeb will repeat it? i really wanna get a bootleg of the audio from it, it was amazing. anyone know if there is one?

#8 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:52 PM

And if there is a bootleg please do not post it here. Thanks.

#9 CKSI

CKSI

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:19 PM

I didn't get to watch it to the end...but it was great, it could easily be released in DVD form ;)

#10 kacas

kacas

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:24 PM

I have it on dvd ;) I done my own copy of it. It wad a great gig! A shortened version of her tour setlist.

#11 Sutty

Sutty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:30 PM

Does any1 know if it will be repeated anytime soon, i always seem to miss stuff like this.

#12 kacas

kacas

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

They dont tend to repeat the bbc one sessions, so I doubt it! They sometimes put the hightlights on red button interactive but not very often.

#13 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:41 PM

You Know I'm No Good. She looks soooooooooooooooooooooo bored!!! Just Friends Tears Dry On Their Own Know You Now

#14 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:18 PM

She didn't look happy all the way through the gig, and at one point she was looking for her dad in the audience, but couldn't see him. She then went onto say he must be working tonight! I also wonder if it was the start of her split with her fella, she just looked as though she was going through the motions with no enthusiasm at all. I have watched the recording of it again, and she does not look happy to be there. Her mind was elsewhere. Completely different from the gig I saw her at in Liverpool.

#15 Sutty

Sutty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for posting these. Yeh she does look bored and down during the first song. After that tho she seemed to get better after each song.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users