37 replies to this topic

#16 kacas

kacas

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:42 PM

She didn't look happy all the way through the gig, and at one point she was looking for her dad in the audience, but couldn't see him. She then went onto say he must be working tonight! I also wonder if it was the start of her split with her fella, she just looked as though she was going through the motions with no enthusiasm at all. I have watched the recording of it again, and she does not look happy to be there. Her mind was elsewhere. Completely different from the gig I saw her at in Liverpool.

I disagree if you look she seems to get into some songs like 'He can only hold her' and she puts in to much attention to her vocals to just be 'going through the motions' and she talks alot! If she wasnt happy she would just do the songs. For an Amy gig she is very chatty in this.
Also in 'Unholy war' she was deffo getting into it.

#17 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:06 PM

She didn't look happy all the way through the gig, and at one point she was looking for her dad in the audience, but couldn't see him. She then went onto say he must be working tonight! I also wonder if it was the start of her split with her fella, she just looked as though she was going through the motions with no enthusiasm at all. I have watched the recording of it again, and she does not look happy to be there. Her mind was elsewhere. Completely different from the gig I saw her at in Liverpool.

I disagree if you look she seems to get into some songs like 'He can only hold her' and she puts in to much attention to her vocals to just be 'going through the motions' and she talks alot! If she wasnt happy she would just do the songs. For an Amy gig she is very chatty in this.

Okay, I take it back, perhaps not all the way through, but she did seem to be bored at times, and did seem to me to be just going through the motions at times. She said that it was depressing to sing songs she had written when her head was f****d up or words to that effect, it has never bothered her before, maybe it was because she was feeling anxious about her relationship with her fella. I feel sorry for her if she has broke up with Alex, she obviously loved him, and is going to need lots of support from her friends and family to get through the US tours! I read that her dad is joining her in the US to give her support, and she is due to appear on the David Letterman Show on Monday night, lets hope she has got her head together by then.

#18 kacas

kacas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:21 PM

Okay, I take it back, perhaps not all the way through, but she did seem to be bored at times, and did seem to me to be just going through the motions at times. She said that it was depressing to sing songs she had written when her head was f****d up or words to that effect, it has never bothered her before, maybe it was because she was feeling anxious about her relationship with her fella. I feel sorry for her if she has broke up with Alex, she obviously loved him, and is going to need lots of support from her friends and family to get through the US tours! I read that her dad is joining her in the US to give her support, and she is due to appear on the David Letterman Show on Monday night, lets hope she has got her head together by then.

Didn't she say 'you write these songs when your fucked up, and its when you have to sing them back its depressing' not my mind is fucked up right now!.......watching it back......yes she said you write them when its fucked up.

#19 Kajay

Kajay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:35 PM

Yes, thats what I meant, that her head was fucked (past tense)when she wrote them. But on reading my post it sounds like I meant now.

#20 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:23 PM

She looks happy in 'Tears Dry On Their Own'. It's gotta be a bit low when you sing songs that you wrote when you weren't feeling great. It's just like dragging up the past everytime she sings them so I can understand why she prefers performing certain songs to others.

#21 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:14 PM

Me & Mr Jones Addicted Valerie Back To Black Some Unholy War http://youtube.com/watch?v=kKS6XlHdoGU Take The Box http://youtube.com/watch?v=GCA0j0Cs27c Rehab http://youtube.com/watch?v=V4NdUocNGqQ He Can Only Hold Her http://youtube.com/watch?v=49790HJ3578

#22 JavaGirl

JavaGirl

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:16 AM

I can't get enough of Amy... what an amazing talent.

#23 Kajay

Kajay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:34 PM

She was a bit drunk at this gig! One of my friends who hasn't really seen or heard much of Amy watched this gig and wasn't really impressed with her. I did tell him if he listened to her albums he would change his mind about her big time! I still thinks she's brill!

#24 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:25 AM

Apparently the BBC edited this gig very well as Amy was not on top form. Can't remember who told me that now but whoever it was should come and share their experience with us!!! :)

#25 curehead

curehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

Apparently the BBC edited this gig very well as Amy was not on top form. Can't remember who told me that now but whoever it was should come and share their experience with us!!! :)

That was probably me. Kept forgetting to post.  It sure was a gig to remember, first I had to get over the shock that I actually won something, never usually happens. I was seeing her the night before in Cardiff, and I had free pair of tickets to see her in London, sold my Cardiff ones and went to London with my friend the next day. Got in the taxi to porchester hall (the driver was such an ass) but yeah we got there, it was a guest list of 100, I walked into the wrong door and kind of met her and said I loved her, vice versa. The gig started about 40 minutes late even though the BBC showed her walking up the stairs and entering the gig straight away, that was utter crap 'cause it was evident she had a few drinks before the gig, maybe to calm her nerves or to do with her boyfriend, who knows. She came on happy, asking if her dad was there, then someone at the back told her he wasn't there, she had tears in her eyes half way through the gig, even though she was upset, it added to the soul in her voice. She messed up stronger than me, but she did warn us before the track she forgot the words, first ever single and it's funny how she forgot the lines, she kept looking at us for the words.  The BBC edited it very well as usual, the songs weren't in order, can't remember the setlist too well, but it was about 17 songs, last four were I'm no good, rehab. .then she didn't want to get of the stage for the encore and was talking to the guitarist saying she didnt want to get of the stage and come back on...she ended up going of, came  back on and did monkey man and valerie, and a smile appeared.

Overall, it was a great gig, even though the camera men were assholes at times, her voice had so much soul and it showed how much the songs mean to her...Anway..my fingers are hurting. I shall leave you with these.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Kajay

Kajay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 12:24 PM

You lucky thing winning those tickets, I entered that comp also!!!!!!

#27 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 12:26 PM

Thanks for sharing. You "kind of" met her? What does that mean? lol

#28 Scottie4

Scottie4

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:47 PM

yeah she was great, i wish i could download it but where?

#29 bondboffin

bondboffin

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:50 PM

I loved this! Just tied in well with my Amy craze. She's my favourite artist at the moment, and hopefully shall remain so. I thoroughly enjoyed her performance, and it just made me feel gutted that I didn't cotton on to her sooner and get tickets to see her live. I so want to see her when she returns to Birmingham in November time. I hope she's drunk, as it will make the whole gig all the more fun!
[align=center]Posted Image[/align]

#30 Sutty

Sutty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:08 PM

Theres an interview from the same day or night on http://www.bbc.co.uk...bbconesessions/ im not sure how long its been on there but i havnt seen any1 mention it on here. its on for almost 15 mins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users