7 replies to this topic

#1 Sutty

Sutty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:44 PM

http://www.thisislon...show/article.do

Here is a picture of Amy Winehouse buying booze in a north London supermarket at 11 in the morning - and here is a picture of her performing at a gig later the same day.

What? Oh, sorry, there is no picture of her performing at the Shepherd's Bush Empire - chiefly on account of the fact that she did not show up.

The two events are, of course, completely unrelated.

The Brit awardwinning singer cancelled the show saying she was ill - obviously one of those nasty bugs where you are fit and well and chatting away on your mobile in Camden Tesco one moment, completely laid out the next. A sign posted on the doors of the venue said the show had been postponed due to "unforeseen circumstances".

Probably the last place Amy would want her photo taken lol.

#2 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:55 PM

http://www.thisislon...show/article.do

Here is a picture of Amy Winehouse buying booze in a north London supermarket at 11 in the morning - and here is a picture of her performing at a gig later the same day.

What? Oh, sorry, there is no picture of her performing at the Shepherd's Bush Empire - chiefly on account of the fact that she did not show up.

The two events are, of course, completely unrelated.

The Brit awardwinning singer cancelled the show saying she was ill - obviously one of those nasty bugs where you are fit and well and chatting away on your mobile in Camden Tesco one moment, completely laid out the next. A sign posted on the doors of the venue said the show had been postponed due to "unforeseen circumstances".

Probably the last place Amy would want her photo taken lol.

Rumour is she has split from her fella! That would explain it as the last thing you would want to do is perform in front of people, if your head is battered. She sings out her personal life in her songs, and if she has split with her fella, then I don't blame her for pulling out, hopefully she will get her head together to reschedule for the disappointed fans! She comes across as very tough, but I think she is very fragile emotionally, and hope she is okay.:sad:

#3 Sutty

Sutty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:04 PM

Yeh i heard that also, it would make sense, but newspapers are always gonna be harsh. I hope shes fine also

#4 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:10 PM

the gigs have only been slated as postponed so logic would say they are due to be, and most likely will be rescheduled
Posted Image
AmyAmyAmy - She So Good She Dangerous
★I Wanna Light You On Fire, Show You How Hot You Are★

#5 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:41 PM

If it is true about her breaking up with her fella, she may be hitting the bottle. Some people don't feel strong enough to cope with emotional upset, and turn to using alcohol or drugs to numb their hurt feelings. I also think if she was using cocaine (as alleged in the press), then it could be bad news if she used it to cope with heartache. I have never taken it myself, as have never felt the need for it, but know a few people who have used it and have no confidence without it now. I think alcohol is fine for enjoying yourself with, but not if it is used as way of coping with problems in life. Hopefully, she will cope better in a few weeks time, and appear at her gigs, that is if it is to do with the rumour of her breaking up with her fella! Be strong Amy girl ;)

#6 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:48 PM

the gigs have only been slated as postponed so logic would say they are due to be, and most likely will be rescheduled

The Sherphard's Bush gigs have been re-scheduled for May.

#7 Tommy

Tommy

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:45 PM

You gotta love her,lol

#8 KIMBER

KIMBER

Noob

• Members