• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#16 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:18 AM

I am extremely busy lately and I am looking for someone to assist me with running this place. I'll need someone who knows the forum rules well so if they see a member breaking a rule they can follow it up. I need someone to keep an eye on the majority of posts being made. This person will have to have admin experience as you'lll have access to the Cpanel and Admin Control Panel. At the moment it's just a temporary position until I can start running this forum 100% again but it may become more permanent. You won't be required to help out with payment or adding new modifications and themes. It's basically just keeping on top of emails, notifying me of any serious problems you can't work out yourself and trying to get through all the posts so you'll spot any rule breaking or forum glitches. I'll explain more once I've chosen someone. You also have to be trustworthy. Members who have made 100's of posts feel free to apply as I'll know enough about you from your posts to make a decision. If you're a newbie please don't bother. Use the below link to apply for this position. http://www.amywineho...action=staffapp Thanks.

#17 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:49 AM

Fuck, I'd love to do this but I don't have admin experience :(

#18 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:05 PM

I'm not sure what exactly admin experience is to be honest. Is it that you have to have been an admin on another forum before?

#19 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:17 PM

im glad im not the only one who didnt exactly know what admin experience was! lol This is the only forum i have ever been on!lol

#20 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:27 PM

I'm not sure what exactly admin experience is to be honest. Is it that you have to have been an admin on another forum before?

Yeah I think so. I've heard that those admin control panels can be quite complicated, so you gotta know what you're doing. I'm a moderater at two other forums but have never seen an admin panel before so..

#21 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:29 PM

Sorry. When I say Admin experience I mean you must have experience of running a forum and using the control panel. It doesn't have to be much but it has to be the basics because I don't have the time to talk people through it.

#22 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:27 PM

i'm an admin in one forum, i don't know if the panel is similar to this one. and it sounds like a harder job here compared to the other place i'm an admin, there, i just basically watch out for spammers or smaller things like maximum sizes for sigs and stuff.

#23 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

id love too, but i think id go power mad lol muhahahaha :)

#24 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:58 PM

Anyone who's interested has got until Friday to apply. Please state what experience you have when applying. Thanks.

#25 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:37 AM

Too bad I'm still considered a "Newbie".

#26 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:15 AM

Not necesseraly (sp?). 69 posts isn't that bad considering you joined in september. please apply using the link provided in the top post. :)

#27 Mandy

Mandy

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:27 PM

I administrate my own forum and run another site that belongs to a friend, but I just started working and barely have time for that as it is.

#28 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:59 PM

Yeh I was going to ask you but didn't think you'd have the time. Cheers anyway. Oh and I will get around to editing the splash page. I'm sorry it's taken so long. I'm just sooooo busy at the moment.

#29 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:06 AM

Only 1 day to get your applications in people!!!!

#30 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:28 PM

OK... so no-one applied for the Assistant Admin job but now there is another job up for grabs. I am looking for 2 Global Moderators to keep the forum tidy and clear of spam. After all the commotion of this weekend I think Mandy needs help when I'm not here incase this happens again.
Please apply using the Staff Applications link. You don't necessarily need experience because it's pretty easy to pick-up but if you do have experience please state this when applying.
Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users