21 replies to this topic

#1 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:41 AM

Amy Winehouse and her husband Blake Fielder-Civil today touched down in London after a week long escape in St Lucia. The troubled pair arrived arm-in-arm and were all smiles as they greeted waiting photographers at Gatwick airport. looking in a much better condition than when they were last in the capital, the Caribbean 'detox' may have been less successful than hoped. Hotel security were spot-searching the couple's room in the five-star Jade Mountain holiday resort on a daily basis after fellow guests reported “strange smells” emanating from their room. It was also reported that singer coughed up blood in her room on one occasion, but refused all offers of medical assistance. Arm in arm: the troubled couple presented a united front Meanwhile, rocker Courtney Love has hit back at claims she criticised Winehouse over her drug addiction. Love has denied reports she was shocked at the Back to Black singer's cocaine use, which she was said to have witnessed first hand. According to the weekend reports, the former Hole frontwoman told friends: "Amy does more drugs than anyone I've known. I've been with lots of people when they've taken coke, including stars like Lindsay Lohan and Kate Moss. Courntney Love denies she said Amy Winehouse took more drugs that anyone she knew However, outspoken Love told music publication NME: "I said no such thing. I care deeply about her talent, I love this record tons, but I wouldn't comment even if I did have any knowledge. "My deepest apologies to anyone who believes this nonsense, that I would judge or fingerpoint unless I felt that [many] people's lives were on the line." "I keep my own counsel about sex, drugs and rock'n'roll and I do not judge others unless I know they are a danger to other people beloved in my own life. If that's the case then they'd better watch out. Otherwise my philosophy is super simple: live and let live." "Sorry, this is all just not true. My apologies to Ms Winehouse for this ill-informed nonsense. It's not something I would say or do. Especially about someone, again, who I barely know and have unlimited admiration for." While she denies commenting on Winehouse's drug battle, she showed no such restraint towards troubled Hollywood star Owen Wilson last week. Love publicly blamed her former boyfriend Steve Coogan for the comedian's downward spiral. The 43-year-old, who had an affair with Coogan after he moved to the US three years ago, said: "Under normal circumstances I would not comment but I care too much about Owen. "I went through it with Steve. I was just out of rehab and he was right there with the drugs. "I tried to warn Owen. I tried to warn his friends. I hope from the bottom of my heart that Owen stays the hell away from that guy." Coogan denied the claims and is reportedly seeking legal action. http://www.dailymail...in_page_id=1773 Whilst I tend not to believe what is written in most papers I will say that they look great in the photo at Heathrow. I wonder if Amy is inteding to go to the Mercury Awards tomorrow night?

#2 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:13 AM

i think they look happy.

#3 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:13 AM

I just hope they don't fuck up this time...

#4 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:34 PM

At least they're smiling.

#5 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:30 PM

yeh they look so happy, i lov that photo.

#6 Lestrange

Lestrange

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:31 PM

They look a lot happier, & healthier! Amy looks like she's put on some weight, & she looks better for it too :)

#7 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:11 PM

I wonder if Amy is inteding to go to the Mercury Awards tomorrow night?

According to ITN she is expected to attend the awards

#8 Byron

Byron

I do a 180

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:18 PM

I love that smile!

#9 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:30 PM

I hope she does attend the awards. The best thing for her is getting out there again and possible even performing a little bit. Is there anywhere I can watch it over the net because I don't think they are showing it in the US?

#10 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:33 PM

I haven't find a website where they live stream it, but on http://www.nationwidemercurys.com/ they do have highlights of last year so they will probably have footage of this year too. PS: let me know if you find somewhere to watch it live

#11 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:36 PM

If she wins her acceptance speech will probably end up on youtube.

#12 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

they seem to look healthier anf happier, nice to see her smiling again

#13 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:04 PM

It might be worth keeping an eye on the BBC 4 website as they are covering the event, also radio 1 is covering the event all day details can be found on the BBC4 site here: http://www.bbc.co.uk.../mercurys/2007/

#14 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

NME think Amy is going from what they have heard, and they are having live coverage!!! http://www.nme.com/n...winehouse/30852

#15 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:13 PM

Good to see them looking a lot healthier than they have been - Amy has definitely put on some weight. Hopefully, they are on the road to recovery. Re: Mercury Music Awards - GO AMY!!! Prove those bookies wrong! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users