#1 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:14 AM

Article from the daily mail:

Troubled singer Amy Winehouse's drug habit is taking such a bad toll on her health that it is causing her teeth to fall out.

She has already lost two teeth and is risking gum disease and other appalling side-effects as a result of her excessive drug use, experts warned last night.

Amy, 24, who cancelled her UK tour last week on medical advice, is seeing a doctor daily because of her poor health.

Sources close to the Back To Black singer, who has admitted to heroin addiction and once collapsed after a drugs overdose, said she was "falling apart mentally and physically" and has developed a nervous disposition which causes her to constantly pull at her teeth.

And they said she is "in pieces" over the remand of her husband Blake Fielder-Civil in Pentonville Prison on charges of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

"Amy is very upset about her teeth because they have literally been falling out," a source said last night
"She has one missing from the front of her mouth, and another one at the back which is less visible.

"Her mouth is full of holes and she is desperately worried she is going to lose more. She has actually pulled a tooth out herself, which is absolutely disgusting." Amy was photographed following a recent gig in Brighton pulling at her teeth and covering her nose.

"She picks at them all the time," the source said.

"Her gums are always red and sore as a result of it and some of the teeth are loosening."

Just two weeks ago she was photographed in Blackpool with a suspicious-looking white powder up her nose.

Dr Ken Checinski, a consultant in addictive behaviour, said: "When taking cocaine and heroin people can experience a deterioration in their appearance due to general dietary deficiency and the inability to absorb Vitamin C and calcium.

"Snorting cocaine affects the cartilage and the collagen around the nose and can make gums recede."

A spokeswoman for Amy declined to comment last night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=499070&in_page_id=1773&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5

#2 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:05 PM

thi is lies. and if they say troubled singer amy winehouse one more time, i swear, lol.
she broke her one tooth on a ice cube everyone will know this if they have the dvd.
and the pic with her covering her mouth looks like shes yawning to me.
these papers get on my nearves sometimes.

#3 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:30 PM

Why would you lie about something like that when it takes only one picture to disprove it!? They're fucking idiots.

#4 MissGuitar85

MissGuitar85

I observe, I don't chase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

what i want to know who are these ppl telling the paper things about amy. I dont think her friends would or anyone who cares about her thats why i dont think its really true. Its just to keep negative things about her in the papesr. Their probably pulling out their teeth trying to come up with next dumb headline about her.

#5 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:21 PM

maybe the papers are also just taking and finding pics of her and making things up anyway, you know, god i hate them all grrrrrrrrrr

#6 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:44 PM

what a ton of BS, seems they'll come up with just about anything to fuel their "Amy the Trainwreck" stories. pathetic!!!!

#7 doughnout peach

doughnout peach

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:48 PM

All that girl is suffering and see what they are writing about, f*** them all

#8 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:39 PM

Sick of these stories.

#9 akemi

akemi

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:58 AM

:ohno::ohno:

if its true what about her teeths , i wonder how this damaged her brain .
so sad... all days , worst news

#10 SueWahoo

SueWahoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 12:29 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true to some degree. This is what happens to drug addicts and I think that though they are applying this to Amy, it's not a "fact." The article is more a case of putting two and two together. While I've read the stories of how she broke a tooth on an ice cube, I've also read stories where she said it was loose so she just yanked it out.

Due to her bulimia, her teeth are taking a beating. Add that to a heroin/cocaine addiction (with the accompanying side effects) and you're ripe for gum disease. The late Layne Staley from Alice in Chains had lost all of his teeth from his heroin/cocaine addiction and it was this mixture that killed him. Aside from her mental state, another concern is gum disease, bulimia, and cocaine use can take a massive toll on her heart. In fact, each of those alone can be a threat to the heart.

Sue

#11 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:09 PM

Actually, I think that's one and the same story haha she said she bit on an ice cube and her tooth broke, but it didn't fall out, so she had to yank it out herself.

If she's a heroin addict.. if.. then I don't think she's been one long enough to be losing teeth already. Hell, what do you think Pete Doherty would look like right now if it went that quickly.

#12 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:20 PM

If her teeth are falling out, why don't the paparazzi pics support this? Whenever they have articles asserting this, they only show a pic of her after the ice cube incident. It's the same tooth missing everytime. They must really be searching for stories here. Pathetic! Though I do fear for Amy's health, it's not necessary for them to exaggerate it anymore!!!

#13 SueWahoo

SueWahoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:02 AM

Actually, I think that's one and the same story haha she said she bit on an ice cube and her tooth broke, but it didn't fall out, so she had to yank it out herself.

Okay, thanks for correcting that for me.

If she's a heroin addict.. if.. then I don't think she's been one long enough to be losing teeth already. Hell, what do you think Pete Doherty would look like right now if it went that quickly.

It's not entirely the heroin that makes them fall out, it's the malnutrition that results from addiction (drugs or whatever instead of food plus heroin results in loss of appetite). Pile that on top of the fact that she has bulimia and it's double trouble. Your gums get swollen and tender while your teeth become discolored because of vitamin deficiencies as well as the stomach acid from getting sick. Has she admitted to some eating disorders for at least several years now? I thought I had read some earlier interviews where she admitted that. I'm just worried that the cumulative effect of many things could be taking a premature toll on her.

I don't want to look at Pete Doherty, he really grosses me out!

Sue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users