17 replies to this topic

#1 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:47 PM

"Rehab" singer Amy Winehouse has snubbed the Grammy Awards, PageSix.com can reveal. Though it has been reported that the British singer was set to appear at the event in L.A. on February 10, a well-placed Grammy insider tells us, "Amy is nominated for six awards but since our announcements were made, we have had no contact with her people."

The source added, "We don't know where the reports of her performing came from but we have not scheduled Amy Winehouse to present or perform at the event this year and I'd say things are unlikely to change at this short notice."

Amy's troubles of late seem to have gone from bad to worse — she shortened her vacation in Mustique because she missed imprisoned husband Blake Fielder-Civil, she could lose her ability to tour due to a drug conviction in Norway, and has seemingly bailed on plans to attend a one-week detoxification program in early January.

A close friend of Amy's told PageSix.com, "We just can't get through to Amy, she is so talented with so much potential, she just seems to be throwing it all away... It's so sad because she is such a lovely person."

source

#2 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:54 PM

oh no : (

but...

remember they said that about the mercury awards, i know, hardly the same type of event, but still she performed, and we can hope

#3 Brunchie

Brunchie

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:26 PM

Oh no, Amy....:( And they keep calling her Rehab singer! Everyone! Come on..

#4 MissGuitar85

MissGuitar85

I observe, I don't chase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:58 PM

:ohno: I hope this isnt true

#5 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:13 AM

I've learned that you always have to take Amy stories with a grain of salt.

And you have to try to remain calm otherwise all the roller coaster ups and downs can really wear you out. Not that that's always easy to do as a fan.

I put more trust in pictures, but even there, the truth can be distorted because the media may discard 99 OK pics and go with the 1 that looks bad, or they may mis-portray the circumstances.

#6 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:33 AM

I won't get excited until she is up there and singing!

#7 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:39 AM

grain its more like cup lol

#8 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:48 AM

I'm sure they'll keep a prime slot in the show open for her until the last minute. They've been hyping it for over a week on TV already, making a big deal over the 50th anniversary.

#9 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:57 AM

And sometimes it's a barrel!

You almost have to be an intelligence analyst to figure out what's really going on, there's so much mis-information.

I think we need a direct line to Amy.

#10 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:07 AM

a direct line would be good, but shes too much in the public eye now
even lily has stopped her blogging to some extent because of the media attention
i think a way to tell the fke stories from the real stories, 90% of the time, is by the over use adjectives for dramatic effect

#11 good*freakin*times

good*freakin*times

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:54 AM

grain its more like cup lol

#12 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:13 PM

a direct line would be good, but shes too much in the public eye now
even lily has stopped her blogging to some extent because of the media attention
i think a way to tell the fke stories from the real stories, 90% of the time, is by the over use adjectives for dramatic effect

Yeah and the "we can reveal" kind of lines. And they tend to overemphasize and basically say the same thing over and over in different words.

#13 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:04 PM

I've learned that you always have to take Amy stories with a grain of salt.

And you have to try to remain calm otherwise all the roller coaster ups and downs can really wear you out. Not that that's always easy to do as a fan.

Agree.

"Take it with a bowl of salt, let alone a pinch." - She said it herself.

By the way, I didn't read that article. I'll wait and see if she's there on stage that night. Until then, anything could happen. I'm expecting more articles, saying that she will come and that she won't come as well. I'm not going on that rollercoaster.

EDIT: I just read the article after all (a part of it anyway). I'm not liking the fact that they say "The source".
ANOTHER EDIT: Well actually, I do like that because that could mean that this isn't true, which is good.

#14 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

What kind of site it is? I mean, is it like the tabloid or something reliable? Well, there's not much point guessing will she or won't she, we'll just have to wait and see!

#15 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

"Take it with a bowl of salt, let alone a pinch." - She said it herself.

Thanks for saying that, Sarah. I could never make out what Amy was saying at that point on the DVD. And I don't like to miss out on anything Amy says! Mystery solved!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users