#1 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:29 AM

http://www.mirror.co...89520-20289005/

...our favourite jazz-soul diva is heading back to Jamaica for inspiration ahead of her third album.

Amy will stay in the grounds of reggae legend Bob Marley's house - and work in the studio of his old house for the follow-up to her Back To Black CD.

She's going over to work with Marley's musician son Damian, she told pals in The Hawley Arms in North London, this week.

...it's nice to see she's planning ahead for her trip to the island at Easter.

She's always loved the Marleys and she wants her next album to have a real reggae feel about it."

Later Amy was hanging out with Brits Critics' Choice Award winner Adele. They are fellow Brit School students - and obviously had a lot to catch up on.

Another pubgoer told us: "They were deep in in conversation, gossiping about the boys everyone used to fancy.

"They kept hugging each other and shouting at the tops of their voices: "Big up Brits School."

#2 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:36 AM

Dodgy story...
However, Damian and Amy, that sounds like a good combo though, cuz is King!

#3 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:43 AM

amy doing reggae?? im not so sure, ska like monkey man and hey little rich girl works
but im not sure about full blown marley worked reggae

#4 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:48 AM

I dont this is real, but if it were true, great producers can produce great work, regardless of the artist, but this would not just be any artist...

#5 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:01 AM

I agree, Lee...I don't like reggae, but You're Wondering Now is one of my favourite Amy covers. Idk if its true, either.

#6 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:33 AM

Sinead O'Connor pulled off some pretty good reggae. She worked with Robbie and Sly so it's hard to go wrong.
Amy at Tuff Gong studio? I'm trying to picture that.

#7 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:45 AM

i was hoping for a reggae/ska vibe,
imagine an album full of songs like cupid or you're wondering now,
produced by mark...hmmm :)

she could re-invent ska!
i'd love it.

#8 doughnout peach

doughnout peach

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:19 PM

If this is true, im in shocked just like I was on Sunday.Friends check myspace, my last 2 blogs.
Three Little Birds,wow.Maybe this article is bullshit but I would like it to be true.

#9 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:39 PM

There's a lot of room to move in ska and reggae. With Amy's voice it could be a great album plus it's happy music for the most part and obviously makes you want to move. When I'm down I love to listen to Could You Be Love by BM.
One thing's for sure, Amy will be an interesting artist to follow. Of course, we all know that.

#10 Dani624

Dani624

Fever 103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:27 PM

If it is true I think it would be awesome. Amy is one of those people that experiments with sounds first Jazz, then Sixties girl groups, and now possibly a Reggae feel. It makes sense because I take her as person that listens to all types of music. Why shouldn't the music she makes reflect that she is not one dimensional? With Amy's voice and song writing ability..I could go on and on lol and Mark Ronson..it would be wicked IF its true

If not oh well Anything Amy does will be hot shit

#11 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:34 PM

ska yes i like the idea of that, like no doubts slower stuff form the rock steady era, running etc, more rock than reggae would work
but some of the faster poppier reggae stuff or dancehall im not sure would work, she just hasnt got the voice for that style
and when i hear reggae thats what i think of, the faster boppier, stuff or dancehall

but being amy, she'll put her spin on it, i just wouldnt want the music to over power her voice, or for her to compromise her voice or style because of the genre,

with the blonde hair looks like she could be going like gwen did in the its my life video
1920s / 1930s jean harlow marilyn monroe kinda look, which i dont think would go with the reggae sound, guess we'll have to wait and see, hopefully we'll start to hear more from amy or mark themselves of the direction of the album instead of tabloid pieces from these ever elusive "close sources"

#12 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

I doubt Amy could put all of her feelings into reggae songs.. as in, I think she'll be writing more BTB-ish songs after all that she has been through. I'm no so sure it would be a good move either, cos it has happened before that artists suddenly turn to reggae and everyone seems to think they're fake and unoriginal. I remember people bashing on Gwen for that too.

#13 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:43 PM

If this is true it´s great!
Her voice is so good to sing anything!!
And in that place Joss Stone was recording an abum too...

#14 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

Well, I love No Dobt's Rock Steady album. I miss that era..anyway, I guess it could be cool if Amy did that type of music. As long as it isn't too fast because that''s when it puts my head in a spin. lol

#15 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:32 PM

^I love rock steady too!:lol:

I don't like the sound of it, but i will keep an open mind...If it's true in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users