118 replies to this topic

#16 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:11 AM

LONDON (AP) — Amy Winehouse will not attend this year's Grammy Awards because her request for a visa was denied, but she will perform by satellite at Sunday's ceremony in Los Angeles.

Winehouse and her acclaimed "Back to Black" album are nominated for Grammys in six categories. She will perform material from the album, an executive close to the Grammys told The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity Thursday.

The Outside Organization, which counts the troubled retro-soul sensation among its clients, said in an e-mail that Winehouse — who shot to fame with the autobiographical single "Rehab" — was disappointed that her request for a visa had been turned down by the U.S. Embassy.

"Amy has been progressing well since entering a rehabilitation clinic two weeks ago and although disappointed with the decision has accepted the ruling and will be concentrating on her recovery," the Outside Organization said.

The statement didn't say why her application was rejected. The U.S. Embassy in London and the State Department in Washington declined to comment late Thursday. Shane O'Neill, Winehouse's spokesman, said he had nothing to add.

Winehouse's potent blend of blues, jazz, pop and soul has won praise from critics and fans, but her chaotic personal life has increasingly upstaged her music. Concerned family members regularly beg Winehouse to seek help in letters splashed across the pages of British tabloid newspapers and magazines.

Since the album's U.S. release last year, she has canceled a slew of appearances amid reports of drug use. Her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, is accused of attacking a pub landlord and later conspiring with the landlord to have him withdraw as a witness at the trial.

Last month, The Sun newspaper ran still images from a video that it claimed showed Winehouse inhaling fumes from a small pipe. The images were said to have been filmed during a party at her London home.

Shortly thereafter, Winehouse entered a London rehabilitation center, and has been questioned by police.

In October, Winehouse and Fielder-Civil, were arrested in Norway on charges of marijuana possession, for which they were fined. In November, Winehouse's Norwegian attorney, Ole Kvelstad, said her payment of the fine amounted to a guilty plea, which he said could have serious consequences if she sought to enter the U.S.

Winehouse canceled an appearance at the 2007 mtvU Woodie Awards in November "due to visa issues."

Other British music acts have had difficulty securing visas. Lily Allen was scheduled to perform at the MTV Video Music Awards in September, but the pop star's immigration visa was revoked. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services hasn't commented, but her manager has said he suspected it was because Allen was arrested in London in June after an altercation with photographers.

http://ap.google.com...DwkBrwD8ULP4TO0

#17 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:18 AM

Cool. I wonder where she'll be performing from and if it will still be with Zalon and the band:???:

Tam:wave:

Just woke up from a nap, off to ask...

#18 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:24 AM

I CAN´T BELIVE IT! she must be so happy that she can do this at least!
:rockon:
GO AMYYY AND GET ALL THOSE GRAMMYS VIA SATELLITE!

EDIT:
what time that wolud be here in Argentina... ? :S

#19 YiGO

YiGO

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:38 AM

IM TOO EXICTED!!!!!

I hope they allow the fans to attend the performance and show her support!!!!!!

#20 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:25 AM

this will be so cool if this happens, she defo needs lots of rest if shes up this late for this. man can i join your partayy lol xD

#21 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:52 AM

I'm so excited to hear this!
:bananaflip: :bananaflip: :bananaflip: :bananaflip:

EDIT:
what time that wolud be here in Argentina... ? :S

I think 2 or 3 hours later than central time on the US, I'm not sure :indifferent:

#22 Mandy

Mandy

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:56 AM

Yay! Banana buttsechs time! :censoredsex:

#23 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:58 AM

Y'all are getting me excited about this satellite feed thing. This may add to Amy's mystique even more.

I really hope she wins six Grammys because we'll all get to watch her muddle through SIX acceptance speeches. She sucks at receiving awards. I loves ya Amy but you have to say something baby girl. lol

#24 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:07 AM

:lol: bring some vodka as well . . .im too young to buy it, and i could really do with one right now!:lol:

And some Jack Daniels, while ya at it!! Haha..

Aww, well, that's cool, then. I'll actually have to watch the Grammy's now!!

#25 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:12 AM

I'm looking on the bright side: Amy's getting the treatment she needs, she's getting better, she will still make an appearance at the Grammys. albeit remotely.

Now I just want to see her knock those Grammys down like bowling pins.

Emi: Grammys will start on US East Coast at 8 PM, which is 11 PM Argentina time.

#26 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:22 AM

Thanks Vero and Dave...!
I can´t wait to see this!!!!

#27 akemi

akemi

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:56 AM

that good news!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I hope they are connect with her via saletite 6 times xd

#28 pinita

pinita

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:02 AM

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!! YAYYYY!! :)!!

#29 Alfredo_t

Alfredo_t

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:04 AM

This is GREAT news!!

Knock 'em dead, Amy! :)

#30 Rickstasy

Rickstasy

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:19 AM

:woot: That seems to to be a long night for me!

The Grammys starts in my country around 02:00 am and end at 6:40 am and I have to work on that day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users