929 replies to this topic

#886 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:31 AM

yeah, this person definitely gets it, and wrote an eloquent appreciation.

i thought it was a very good performance, with moments of greatness, including an amazing ending.

the way she re-worked rehab was masterful -- people were worried that it would be awkward, but it was anything but.

because she is still in the early stages of her recovery, i don't think she was at 100%, but she was close enough to give the world a sense of what an awesome talent she is. And that is what makes the performance historic imo.

#887 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:01 AM

The cutest thing was her reaction when she won! Aaaawww .... I can´t stop watching it over and over again!
I wish Amy would go back to rehab though ... doesn´t seem as if she will!?

#888 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:22 PM

Her second album, "Back To Black," was a bright spot in the bleakest year of the record business' 100-year history and Winehouse was rewarded with a handful of awards including best new artist

They got that right!

#889 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:23 PM

I wish Amy would go back to rehab though ... doesn´t seem as if she will!?

I wish she would too...I like seeing her but I don't like that she is back on the town like before...what to do, eh?

#890 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

I hate to be negative because I don't know Amy's heart but just from the facts about addiction, I expect a short term sobriety.
I really, really hope I'm wrong.

#891 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:37 PM

Well Phil, I have to agree...like I have said before I have been through the addiction process (not with myself), so 2 weeks is only the tip of the iceberg...she needs to get more intensive help. But I have my fingers crossed, cos she's tough and may surprise us all!

#892 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:46 PM

well maybe shes ok and doesnt need to stay in rehab, shes probably in outpatient and getting all the helps she wants and needs, i dont think we have to worry though, shes done so well this past month. and im sure shes going to be ok now =]

#893 Alfredo_t

Alfredo_t

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:14 PM

Without getting too far off topic, what did everybody think about the other performances on Grammy night? I was blown away by the energy of some of the older artists. At the top of the list there is Little Richard. He's 75, but that hasn't slowed him down!

http://en.wikipedia..../Little_Richard

Tina Turner is 68, and she looked and sounded pretty good for that age.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Tina_Turner

I would hope that Amy might still be performing when she's 60+. Think of all the great music she could make if she had a career that long!

#894 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:31 PM

I personally don't think her performance was the greatest ever, not even close. But to see her with that smile on her face, dancing and clapping her hands, looking so sassy.. that was great, and the ending was just WOW.

#895 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:50 PM

i found a hdtv download of the performance, i'll check it out.
if anyone wants it too, pm me for links.

#896 Dani624

Dani624

Fever 103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:21 PM

well maybe shes ok and doesnt need to stay in rehab, shes probably in outpatient and getting all the helps she wants and needs, i dont think we have to worry though, shes done so well this past month. and im sure shes going to be ok now =]

Yes I heard she has regular therapy sessions.

#897 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

I guess Natalie Cole wasn't the only one with something to say at the Grammy's. I think Aretha's way out of line here!

Aretha Franklin has criticised Beyonce for referring to Tina Turner as "the queen" during a performance at the Grammy Awards.

Beyonce performed a duet with Turner at the 50th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday.

In an introduction, the former Destiny's Child singer said: "There is one legend who has the essence of all those things: the glamour, the soul, the passion, the strength, the talent.

"Ladies and gentlemen, stand on your feet and give it up for the queen."

Franklin, who is commonly referred to as 'Queen of Soul', took offence to the remarks and issued a statement yesterday.

In it, Franklin refers to Beyonce's remarks as a "cheap shot for controversy".

"I am not sure of whose toes I may have stepped on or whose ego I may have bruised between the Grammy writers and Beyonce, however I dismissed it as a cheap shot for controversy," the statement said.

Tina Turner has in the past been referred to as the 'Queen of Rock'n'Roll'.

Beyonce's father Mathew Knowles in response issued his own statement saying: "Beyonce referred to Tina as a 'queen'. Not queen of gospel, queen of soul, queen of blues, Queen of England.

"I consider my wife a queen and sometimes call her that. Does Aretha have a problem with that?" Mr Knowles added.

Britain's Amy Winehouse was one of the major winners at this year's ceremony, picking up five awards.

#898 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:51 PM

:lol:

Beyonce's father Mathew Knowles in response issued his own statement saying: "Beyonce referred to Tina as a 'queen'. Not queen of gospel, queen of soul, queen of blues, Queen of England.

"I consider my wife a queen and sometimes call her that. Does Aretha have a problem with that?" Mr Knowles added.

I am listening to Aretha too!!!

#899 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:27 PM

i grew up hearing that the Queen of Soul was Aretha more than I heard Tina was the Queen of R & R. but whatever, those are two divas i would not want to get into it with.

#900 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

http://cosmos.bcst.y...226715&src=news

CNN's take on the GRAMMY's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users