#17 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:29 AM

Check out this:
On another site, we've gotten into a heated discussion. I'm not reposting, since I've said quite abit.

http://faac.us/adf/m...html?1202780200

Sad state of affairs ... considdering Natalie was a junkie once, how can she say something like that about Amy? I man, shouldn't she sympathize?

#18 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:35 AM

I think it was very immature of Natalie Cole to make those statements. While I do get what she's saying (basically the same thing that Blake's parents did by telling those to boycott her music..) I think that it was completely uncalled for. I feel that last night was a turning point in Amy's life and will further encourage her to straighten herself out and continue making the wonderful music that she has. Make her realise that she has talent to spare and should not let it go to waste.

As the saying goes...you can't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Natalie herself has done drugs. She and Amy are the same boat, both recovering addicts. Its ridiculous how someone always has to throw salt in another's game. Amy should have been able to enjoy her wins and celebrate her sucess, not have someone put her down and possibly make her question herself.

#19 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:56 AM

Showbiz Tonight, a cable TV show here in the US, praised Amy and her performance on tonights show. Natalie Cole's comments were given a unanimous thumbs down by the panelists. They said artists are artists first and foremost, and The Grammys honor their work not anyones opinion about their personal lives. Good for them!!

#20 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:41 AM

Natalie Cole is very talented but she should not point fingers since she went through many of the same struggles. I don't condone hard drug use but if you excluded artists based on that you would have to exclude many of the greats.

I think winning the awards was good for her because much of her self destructive behavior is related to self hatred and low self esteem and being honored like that for her talent could be a huge boost to her confidence.

#21 Mb3

Mb3

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:28 PM

I was surprised to read some comments like this from Natalie Cole. What she said sounded a little bit strange to me probably because I always had the wrong impression what the grammys are about. I always thought that the grammy has something to do with music and not with the private life of the artists that are nominated for the different categories. I still don't quite get what she was trying to say with her critique about Amy Winehouse winning 5 grammys. It seems like for Ms. or Mrs. Cole it isn't the right thing when a person gets awarded for the musical talent and creativity just because the person has some problems in her private life.

#22 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

It annoys that artists are always at fault for the bad behaviour of young people. I read somewhere a comment saying "Artists don't raise shildren, parents do" or something like that. And it's true. yes, some kids might idolize an artist and try to be as much like them, but there are usually other problems to. I'm not a teenager anymore, but I do remember that at a time ,just because some artist i liked did something that's considerede bad example I didn't decide immidiatly that that's cool, let me do drugs, smoke, or drink till I pass out...
And considering Natalie passed through same troubles as Amy, she should be more sympatetic, like Mary J. Blige.
Amy's award are for her music, not personal life (NME seems to be giving those, though).

#23 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:05 PM

Natalie Cole's comments are over-shadowing Amy's accomplishments. The London Times even has the lame write-up that's going around.
I go straight to the comments section when I hear garbage being spewed by the other comments. I don't know if they will print my response.
I was a bit angry yesterday on Natalie Coleslaw's site and said I wouldn't p/ss on her if she was on fire.
I'll fight for Amy till hell freezes over.

#24 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:54 PM

I'll fight for Amy till hell freezes over.

:fighting0001:

#25 dazzlingnerve

dazzlingnerve

What kind of fuckery...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

It's all about the music and the work that's behind it. You can't just say: well, oh you did drugs, well then your music sucks and doesn't deserve it to be appreciated or whatever she meant to say with her comment. Can't the people be happy for other people. all that jealousy sucks...

#26 Dani624

Dani624

Fever 103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:45 PM

If things were done Natalie's way I guess Jimi Hendrix, Billie Holiday, Janis Joplin, most rock stars from the sixties and 70s, most rappers hell most of the music industry would not be recognized and given awards.

#27 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:46 PM

Nope they wouldn't, in fact neither would she!

#28 Brunchie

Brunchie

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

What a stupid bitch!

#29 Dani624

Dani624

Fever 103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:13 PM

^^thats not nice..lol Although thats what we all are thinking

#30 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

i just got up and i'm still fuming about this. guess i'll go to her web site and let her have a piece of my mind. most site i've read have not been very kind to Ms Cole. what an absolutely idiotic position she took on all this!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users