#1 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:46 PM

(www.contactmusic.com)

ROLLING STONES star RONNIE WOOD has lined up troubled singer AMY WINEHOUSE for a collaboration on his forthcoming solo album. The legendary guitarist is to take a break from his commitments with the band to work on his latest solo LP - a collection of retro cover versions. And Wood is in talks to sign up the Back To Black hitmaker to provide the vocals, also naming Serge Pizzorno of British rockers Kasabian as another possible collaborator. He says, "I might be collaborating with them on my new solo album. I might do covers of 1970s hits, maybe the odd Dolly Parton song."

27/03/2008 12:21

#2 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:03 PM

Wow!! That would be very cool, indeed. You can't go wrong with any of the Rolling Stones, really - and they worked together nicely at the Isle of Wight. I'd hate to see Amy collaborating with just anyone (and I'm sure she would be very, very picky - with good reason), but Ronnie Wood would be an excellent choice, I reckon.

#3 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:21 PM

That would be cool if Amy ever gets well enough to do it. I wouldn't want to guess when that will be.

Anecdote about Ronnie Wood. He had been with the Stones for years but wasn't a full member of the band. They were about to tour again when Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts told Mick and Keith that if Ronnie wasn't made a full member, they wouldn't tour. Mick and Keith gave in. Smart move.
Ronnie is awesome and has a long history before the Stones.

#4 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

The Faces, right? I think it's too soon for such a project. If she were to do provide vocals to someone's project I think it should be someone with a higher profile and more chart success. But it does sound interesting though!

Keith Richards is the new face of Louis Vuitton. Don't be too shocked when you see the ads!!

#5 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

If Keith ever got botox they'd have to haul it in in 5 gallon buckets. But, I digress.

#6 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

:lol: :lol: - that was funny!

#7 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members