• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

I've had acouple of members complaining that they haven't been able to reach the forum. This is because we have a new splash page. If you are getting here through Google then it won't work because Google is displaying the URL as http://www.amywineho...co.uk/index.php which is an invalid URL. If you have bookmarked that address please change it to http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk. The index.php extension will no longer work. I just hope google updates the forums URL otherwise no new members will be able to get here via the search engine.

#2 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:58 PM

Mandy asked me to tell you that she hasn't been able to enter the forum since Sunday, and this is the screen she gets: http://i6.photobucke.../forumerror.jpg (She also can't read the PM that you sent her because she can't get on here)   I've had problems too, and I know Zoe has had the same problem and Sammy couldn't get on here the other day, but then it did work for me. It just stops working for a while and then it's ok again (it says the page cannot be found, or something like that).

#3 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:04 PM

I don't understand what's happening!! I'll email my host and get back to you. Please don't give up guys!! It will be back to normal. it may be that the splash page has to come down. Thanks Sarahbol for letting me know.

#4 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:43 PM

ok i couldnt get here for like a week. then i deleted all my cookies and im back on here. it worked so if people Cant get on here still tell them to delete their cookies. 

Mandy asked me to tell you that she hasn't been able to enter the forum since Sunday, and this is the screen she gets:

http://i6.photobucke.../forumerror.jpg

(She also can't read the PM that you sent her because she can't get on here)

I've had problems too, and I know Zoe has had the same problem and Sammy couldn't get on here the other day, but then it did work for me. It just stops working for a while and then it's ok again (it says the page cannot be found, or something like that).

thats the exactly the same page that i got.

#5 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:57 PM

I have had trouble with the forum too . . . although i cant quite remember what it tells me!!! but i keep trying and then it will let me on and then not and so on!!!!

#6 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:24 PM

ok i couldnt get here for like a week. then i deleted all my cookies and im back on here. it worked so if people Cant get on here still tell them to delete their cookies. 

thats the exactly the same page that i got.

Hahahahaha!! I just got an email back from my host telling me to tell all of you to delete your cookies. I've just emailed all members telling them to do so. Obviously Sammy is brighter than me as she thought of it first. LOL

#7 Mandy

Mandy

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:28 PM

What happened then? Did the forum have a glitch hiccup (FINALLY, omg, I do NOT like the official forum)

#8 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:34 PM

I think the splash page fucked a few things up with links etc.. How did you get back?

#9 Mandy

Mandy

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:14 PM

Cleared my cookies.

#10 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:18 PM

And it's all working OK now?

#11 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:30 PM

I cleared my cookies too, but now it just stopped working again. Then I cleared my cookies a second time and it was fine.

#12 MusicJunky

MusicJunky

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:34 PM

I haven't had any problems Maybe its cause im using a Mac :D

#13 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:34 PM

I cleared my cookies too, but now it just stopped working again. Then I cleared my cookies a second time and it was fine.

It's weird. If it carries on please take a screen shot and email me.

#14 Mandy

Mandy

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:45 PM

I haven't had any problems
Maybe its cause im using a Mac
:D

Smug little minx :P

#15 -Sammy-