Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

There are photos here:

http://www.oxegen.ie...&g2_itemId=3579
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#108 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

Couldn't get anything from here... stupid dj says "Amy Winehouse took to the stage"... well a big FUC**ING THANKS for that one... I'm so fuc**ing angry!!!!!
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#109 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

Like my pic says, I said NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#110 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:16 PM

Flawless performance for troubled Winehouse
RONAN MCGREEVYWill she, won't she? Amy Winehouse answered the question that most music fans have been asking by turning up for Oxegen.

Winehouse, who is as much a feature of the tabloid press as she is of the music charts nowadays, put her well-documented troubles behind her with a set which showcased her talents both as a singer and songwriter.

A cheer went up when the back-stage screen bearing her name came up. Fans began to chant “Amy, Amy” and the arena erupted when she appeared on stage just seven minutes after the scheduled time of 6.45 pm.

Wearing a short blue summery dress, Winehouse looked and sounded a lot better than of late and her performance was a lot more coherent than the one given two weeks ago at Glastonbury.

She began with Addicted , followed by My Tears Dry On Their Own . Her 50-minute set included favourites such as Back To Black and Rehab and finished with her version of the Zutons Valerie .

At one stage a band member had to fix the belt on her dress which kept slipping, but there was no hitch in an otherwise flawless performance.

She dedicated Wake Up Alone to her husband Blake Fielder-Civil who is currently on remand awaiting sentencing after pleading guilty to charges of grevious bodily harm and perverting the course of justice. “This one's for Blakey. He's out in nine days,” she said.

Elsewhere it was a day of sunshine and showers for the 80,000 fans with heavy showers and warm sun. The main stage line-up opened with anarchic US band Bowling For Soup followed by Scouting For Girls whose huge hit She’s So Lovely provoked a massive sing along by the Oxegen crowd.

Over on the O2 Stage, One Night Only frontman George Craig told fans that he’d celebrated his 18th birthday yesterday and said: ‘Let’s Party’.

Spotted soaking up the atmosphere in Pet Sounds was Rosanna Davidson and Wesley Quirke. The winner of Miss World 2003 and her boyfriend were enjoying the performance for Camille O’Sullivan.

Tonight features a double header with REM and The Verve headlining the main stage.

http://www.irishtime.../breaking38.htm

#111 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:21 PM

she looked amazing, love that dress, and the picture of her laughing

#112 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:45 PM

Thanks for all the updates you guys, you're the best. And it seems her performances are getting better and better, let's hope she keeps it up.
Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

#113 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:21 PM

Thanx for the recap, now if some kind soul could upload a YouTube vid........
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#114 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

Winehouse gives a solid performance at Oxegen

12 Jul 2008

Amy Winehouse silences cynics with a composed yet lively performance on the Main Stage at Oxegen today.

The singer defied rumours circulating around Punchestown that she wouldn't show up for the gig, when in fact she attracted one of the biggest crowds of the weekend so far.

After cancelling last year's Oxegen slot, Winehouse performed for just under an hour, smiling and blowing kisses to the crowd throughout.

Amy gave a taste of her new material, which carried obvious Carribean influences, supported by her choice of a tropical-printed mini-dress.

Despite fumbling over the words to 'You Know I'm No Good', a happy-looking Amy performed an upbeat set of crowd-pleasers, enhanced by her energetic backing singers.

Speaking only to introduce the band and to dedicate a song to her husband Blake, Amy seemed well and in good spirits.

Keep checking hotpress.com for a live gallery of shots from Amy's set.

http://www.hotpress....ws/4665341.html
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#115 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:33 PM

YEAH AMY!!!! SO HAPPY FOR HER... Let's make it 2 in a row.... this is how she keeps us hooked. She's kinda' like a bad boyfriend. Keeps you coming back for more.

#116 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

Amy gave a taste of her new material

mmm really? where was i?
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#117 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:47 PM

Amy gave a taste of her new material, which carried obvious Carribean influences, supported by her choice of a tropical-printed mini-dress.

Did she really play some new material, or they don't know she does Specials' covers?
Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

#118 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:51 PM

They don't know she does Specials covers. Noobs lol.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#119 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

Listening now... I think she sounds amazing... God I love that girl!!!!

#120 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

For anyone who missed it you can currently hear it here:

http://www.rte.ie/2f...ywinehouse.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users